1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by bobandbill, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heliotrope

Heliotrope it shone! ^_^

Thanks for the wishes of good luck. Chimchar still refuses to shine though. I'm now at 10,550 soft resets. I saw someone on youtube whose shiny Chimchar took them just over 13,900 soft resets. I hope mine doesn't take longer than that...

I found a female Snorunt in the Dream World today; so I may try breeding for a shiny one with its DW ability at some point.

2. rovert

rovert Exploding Biscuits!!

Today I am continuing my MMing hunt for trubbish. I currently have less than 30 eggs/hatched and so I really need to step up my game or have a quick hunt :/

3. TopDecking Shinobi

TopDecking Shinobi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Its about damn time I got mine, even though I RNG'd it. Became impatient and felt like trying something new. Still working on my Solosis hunt too.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  4. RedCometCustom

RedCometCustom The Master

Current project: Shiny Adament Lucario with crunch

5. Master Leo

Master Leo The Dark Side

Do you want to race? Your Chimchar in D/P/Pt and my Bulbasaur in LG since we are around the same amount of SR's. You are ahead by 50.

6. You just posted 6 posts about he same Shiny in 2 pages. Do you just ignore that the title says: 'Post once per page only!'?

Anyways, after a total of 2.5 hours of running in Dark grass with Illuminate in Giant Chasm on Pokémon White, i still don't got a Shiny

7. SnazzySwampert

SnazzySwampert Well-Known Member

Opps sorry.:redface:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  8. Lightning9791

Lightning9791 Member

12549 SRs for Ho-Oh and still nothing im beginning to feel that this is hopeless.

9. AquaRegisteel

AquaRegisteel Face Oblivion

To be completely honest, that rule is largely ignored nowadays.

10. SnazzySwampert

What he said!

11. StingrayKurt

StingrayKurt Well-Known Member

Hey everyone my luck has completely changed after hatching my shiny yanma last night I started SRing for a Shiny Landorus and on my 88th SR that baby shined!!! Whooooo!! Im so happy right now! Heres a link to my channel, it should be the first video on my feed.. http://www.youtube.com/user/kurtmalburg?feature=mhee
    Enjoy the video guys please subscribe,like, or comment! You can also watch all my other shiny encounters on my channel as well!
    I cant wait for October 7th to come and I can transfer my landorus over to be the wild cat!

12. SphealsFTW

SphealsFTW Money is the anthem!

Grats! Shiny Sandile is awesome in my opinion... just don't evolve it.

2.5 hours is nothing compared to what a lot of people have been though :p

Wow, congrats o___o 88 SRs is so quick... I'm jealous D: And you caught it on your first Quickball I believe :p

13. StingrayKurt

yup first quickball!First ball in general! its crazy! Im so lucky!!

14. AquaRegisteel

AquaRegisteel Face Oblivion

Nice Landorus there! That will look amazing in it's Therian forme.

Speaking of SRing, I should get back to my SS BQ Hunt. I dunno when it will end, well over 2,100 SRs.

15. StingrayKurt

thanks Aquaregisteel! Im very much looking forward to Therian form! did you check out my vid on youtube?

16. Sayonara

Sayonara Aurea Lanistae

How do you guys stock up eggs when MMing? Do you take the first egg the daycare man gives you and put it in a box, or do you wait until you have all five and then put them in a box?

17. 2rsa

2rsa Shiny Hunter

After 5 eggs.natrually.
    I'm @ 180 eggs for Eevee.Hopefully this won't be one of those long hunts!
    Good luck everyone.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  18. StingrayKurt

i dont store them I start biking with the eggs as soon as I receive them and once 2-3 of them hatch i deposit them. The daycare man is never waiting on me to give me more eggs that way and I dont waste any time getting more eggs while hatching the ones I already received.

19. SnazzySwampert

Postponing my shiny treecko hunt and starting a new one- Gible

20. SphealsFTW

SphealsFTW Money is the anthem!

I honestly wouldn't waste my time hunting for a shiny Gible now. I heard you can get a guaranteed shiny Gible in BW 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.