• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but that's not coming out in America til October so I don't want to wait that long.

Shiny Lord

You get shiny Gible for free in Black 2. White 2 you get shiny Dratini!

coolayton

I don't know if this has been brought up yet but has anyone gotten a shiny or started a hunt in black 2 or white aside from the ones that are given?

StingrayKurt

There is a good chance that it will take you at least a month for you to hatch out a shiny Gible. It is your decision though and I wish you the best on your hunt. I know I will be happy to get one on black version 2 without having to go through too long of a hunt for it.

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
I don't know if this has been brought up yet but has anyone gotten a shiny or started a hunt in black 2 or white aside from the ones that are given?

I obtained a shiny azurill in Black 2 in Sangi Ranch. I am currently hunting in Virbank Complex in my Black 2.

StingrayKurt

Charizardmaster1, What are you hoping to get on your hunt in virbank?
Congrats again on your azurill shiny, that is one awesome shiny!

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Charizardmaster1, What are you hoping to get on your hunt in virbank?
Congrats again on your azurill shiny, that is one awesome shiny!
Thanks!

To be honest, I like all the shinies there, but I don't really want a Patrat since I've already got a shiny watchog. I love shiny growlithe so that's probably the one I want most. Shiny Koffing is second, although I don't expect to get one. Magnemite and Magby I like a lot also, so I would be very happy with them too.

coolayton

Thanks!

To be honest, I like all the shinies there, but I don't really want a Patrat since I've already got a shiny watchog. I love shiny growlithe so that's probably the one I want most. Shiny Koffing is second, although I don't expect to get one. Magnemite and Magby I like a lot also, so I would be very happy with them too.

Good Luck! I am personally a shiny growlithe fan too. Keep us updated!

For myself, I am SRing for a shiny Snivy in my white 2. I haven't seen anyone get one yet on these games so maybe I could be the first, although I am prepared for a loooooonnnngggggg hunt. Wish me luck!

Shiny Lord

I hope if you do run into a shiny growlithe that it doesn't use roar. That would be terrible. I plan on trading over my shiny tepig when black and white 2 comes out in Canada and starting a badge quest. It will probably take me a long time to complete though because I will have school. I'm hoping to hatch a shiny snivy I can trade over to whichever version I don't trade my tepig too. It will probably be black 2. I think I'll use White 2 because I have been extremely lucky with shinies on my white version and I like shiny Dratini more. I might trade over my cradiliy just to make sure a shiny growlithe never runs from me. Who cares if it is too high to obey me.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
Just found a shiny golbat in white!!

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Soooo, I want a female Adamant Snivy that already knows Leaf Blade and Coil since level 1, for my Black 2.

I decided to breed my own female Adamant Serperior with Leaf Blade & Coil, holding an Everstone, with my only male Smeargle that has Sketched Leaf Blade & Coil, and that Smeargle just happens to be Japanese.
(I know Smeargle can breed with the Snivy line, and I'm too lazy to train up another Snivy, so I just use a male Smeargle I already have instead :p)

I wasn't really aiming for a Shiny even though the MM is activated - I just want a female Snivy.

Since I take 5 eggs at a time from the old man, and I got my female Snivy in egg #22, that means egg #25 is my last egg.

Guess what is in egg #25?

snivy.jpg

A great example of "don't aim for it and you'll get it" :p

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Congrats on Snivy, Solosis, and others I missed.

I don't need to worry about roar. In the doubles grass of Virbank Complex, growlithes range from level 12 to 14. In B2, growlithe learns helping hand on 12, and that knocks out roar from his moveset. On any level before 12 however, he would have roar.

Anyway, my Virbank Complex hunt is now up to 1,667 encounters.

Good luck on your hunts!

TopDecking Shinobi

Lol I got a Snivy earlier too. RNG'd it for Timid with that Barrier moveset off smogon. Seemed interesting and Timid is the recommended nature for Serperior.

IMG_0199.JPG

Reflect
Light Screen
Giga Drain
Taunt

IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31

Been on a roll with RNGs today. ^_^

shinypokemon

shiny searcher
Anybody knows if you can get both the shiny Dratini AND the shiny Gible in a single version, or you have to do it in different ones?

Anyways, back in track, I'm planning on doing a dual hunt, one for shiny Unown in Diamond (I don't understand why, but I love that shiny, even though it's almost useless) and doing a MM hunt for a Snorunt... The problem is... I can't seem to find my DS, so I can't trade a Snorunt to my White... So... I will have to search for it through the GTS or something...

Good luck to everyone in their hunts, and congratulations on the recent ones =D

2rsa

Shiny Hunter
Anybody knows if you can get both the shiny Dratini AND the shiny Gible in a single version, or you have to do it in different ones?

Anyways, back in track, I'm planning on doing a dual hunt, one for shiny Unown in Diamond (I don't understand why, but I love that shiny, even though it's almost useless) and doing a MM hunt for a Snorunt... The problem is... I can't seem to find my DS, so I can't trade a Snorunt to my White... So... I will have to search for it through the GTS or something...

Good luck to everyone in their hunts, and congratulations on the recent ones =D

Gible is for black 2 and Dratini is for white 2.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Lol I got a Snivy earlier too. RNG'd it for Timid with that Barrier moveset off smogon. Seemed interesting and Timid is the recommended nature for Serperior.

But we're different, yours is via RNG, mine is via MM :p

And Timid is recommended for Competitive, iirc. For in-game Adamant is better.

You cannot get both except via trading. You need to defeat Banjirou to get the shiny, and if you're in the swapped facility, a Veteran appeared instead of Banjirou.
Since you don't even meet Banjirou, that should means you won't be able to get the shiny.

CovertNinja

Pokemon Master
Is soft reset the best method? Never had the shiny motivation, but I do now!

FusionKT

*cough*
Is soft reset the best method? Never had the shiny motivation, but I do now!

MM is the best method SR gives you the same chances as just randomly finding a shiny (1 in 8271 or something?) SR is usually used for gettinjg shiny legendarys or starters because theres only one of them

ShinyGoogleplex

Guess who!?
Alright.
Since one day it will hopefully go to a 5th Gen. (or 6th?) remake of Ruby/Sapphire, I am gladly elated to tell I've encountered 1 other shiny on Emerald besides my old Abra, possibly the hardest version to get shinies.

I found orange Zigzagoon after newly getting the GOOD ROD and before the tall grass impass to bikes. This is under a new save file on E.
It's Lonely natured, and judging by the hard-to-tell 3rd gen stats, I think it excels on Speed. Am I wrong, and what are the Stat benefits of 'Lonely'?
So I possibly wish to give it some offensive two-turn moves since it'd be so fast. Level 24, with that Speed stat being 39, the highest of others.

It's caught in a Premier Ball and female. My 10-digit nickname for it is "Joli-Tiger", since it's striped-orange like a tiger & a certain Dreamworks kung-fu tiger is voiced by a Ms. Joli. (Man, I could really have that last name wrong. Jolie maybe? Oh Official Name-rater!)
But another fine name may have been a name that's a spin on LazyBoy Furniture since Zigzagoon is a raccoon. So I was thinking "LazyGirlSofa" but I guess you can see what's wrong with that & I really wanted to use all ten digits.

You want a picture?
And comments please, I'm excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.