• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
If you look at the shiny sprite Black Kyurem or White Kyurem, then you see that the shiny colors are from shiny Kyurem.

Put in my Snivy yesterday(Level 30-Daycare) into the GTS, and asked for a Serperior. Checked up on it today- Level 36 Serperior that is JAPANESE. :{D Gonna try and get a Shiny Snivy later. :{D Still trying for that Oshawott! >:p

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
good job registeel hope u get your shiny :)
i am 6801 and yes the race is back on the whole race not just starters :p

Last edited:

TheMaster327

Question: If you have an unhatched egg which contains a shiny, and you transfer it to another game as an egg, will it still hatch shiny? Thinking of doing this with my Tauros when it eventually shines...

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
^ i wouldnt trust it this secret ID stuff confuses me

Last edited:

KingofGames26

←Latest B/W Shiny!
Question: If you have an unhatched egg which contains a shiny, and you transfer it to another game as an egg, will it still hatch shiny? Thinking of doing this with my Tauros when it eventually shines...

It most likely won't hatch shiny. Though trading a non shiny egg to another game has a chance of hatching shiny. It's based on the secret ID IIRC.

dan2point5

Yeah I've heard that the all the data of an egg changes through trading so I definately wouldn't try it. You'd be losing your shiny.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
good job registeel hope u get your shiny :)
i am 6801 and yes the race is back on the whole race not just starters :p

Funnily enough, I was at 6,660 earlier, and I could have been well over 7,000 if I had inspiration in the last week.

Let the BQ go!

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
yea i dont know about all this secret ID stuff dont listen but why trade the eggg just hatch it then trade it :eek:

and wow daan your hunt is really strating to be a pest hope your slugma shines in this batch i know it will ;)

6900 starters seen

Last edited:

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^

... YAY! n____n

Guess who finally appeared? Shiny Chimchar! After 11,342 soft resets shiny Chimchar decided to grace me with his presence. I started hunting for it on the 6th June and it appeared at around 12.18am on the 1st July.

Video: Shiny Chimchar - 1st of Platinum Badge Quest

I'm so glad that hunt is over - it was so boring. XD Now I can finally go back to hunting for other targets, such as my next Heart Gold BQ shiny.

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
^ nice shiny congratz was worth the wait?

gl on future hunts

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Congrats on the Chimchar ^^

By the way, does anyone know if the Japanese event Keldeo can be Shiny?

It can't, literally ALL downloaded event Pokemon can't be Shiny, unless they are already Shiny to begin with.

Don't do it - it won't hatch shiny, because of the SID thing.

It's also for the same reason Manaphy Egg cannot be Shiny unless hatched in someone else's game.

To the person who got their shiny Snivy on egg 25 wow that's exciting! It looks to be a male though, I hope your still happy with it!

And yeah, it is male and I prefer female Snivy, but a Shiny is a Shiny :p

YNCRN

Egg 125!
So does the SID matter for Japanese Pokemon when using the Masuda method?

My Japanese Ditto was moved from Japanese HG to English HG to white.

My US Houndour went from HG to White, but I'm paranoid that for some reason the SID is messing with something. I'm at 2,200 hatched eggs with no sign of a shiny. I just wish there was a way to verify that my two Pokemon are ELIGIBLE for the Masuda Method.

I think I'm just getting paranoid because my Ditto is gen IV and not gen V.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
So does the SID matter for Japanese Pokemon when using the Masuda method?

My Japanese Ditto was moved from Japanese HG to English HG to white.

My US Houndour went from HG to White, but I'm paranoid that for some reason the SID is messing with something. I'm at 2,200 hatched eggs with no sign of a shiny. I just wish there was a way to verify that my two Pokemon are ELIGIBLE for the Masuda Method.

I think I'm just getting paranoid because my Ditto is gen IV and not gen V.

SID wouldn't have anything to do with that. The only SID that matters for shiny Pokemon is the one on the game you're breeding on.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
How much does shiny charm increase the chance of finding a shiny?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I gotta say, the 5th Generation is where I've found the most Shiny Pokemon so far. But it also hasn't been kind to me regarding them. First, was a Shiny Marowak, but I already had one that I've had since FireRed, and traded it on the GTS. Second was a Boldore, but with no friends who had the game, I couldn't trade it safely to get it a Gigalith. I ended up trading it as well, for a regular Boldore. Third time was the charm though, as it was the cutest Mincinno I ever saw. Now its a Cincinno, nicknamed Ccina. As soon as I can borrow another DS, I'll be trading over the rest of my 4th Gen Shinys (Staraptor, Raichu, Golem, Crobat, Cresselia, Gyrados) over so they can all be together again. My last Shiny is a Latias.

Status
Not open for further replies.