• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
Congrats Helio! Good thing it didn't go into the 20,000s XD. Congrats on the Yanma and Chikorita too, StingrayKurt and cocoadragon ^_^. Lucky, you even got Pokerus too!

Here's Sissel as a Liepard~

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Artwork%20and%20Drawings%202010/EhevolvedintoShinyLeperasudu.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Artwork%20and%20Drawings%202010/Sisselsstats.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Artwork%20and%20Drawings%202010/GoSisselitsTrickTimeXD.jpg[/IMG300]

I've just reached 700 eggs for Larvesta. I've been collecting 2-3 boxes of eggs at a time, hatching then SRing when there's no shiny. I'll probably hatch some more later this evening.

Keep going Dan, I'm sure that Slugma will turn up soon! And good luck on your SS BQ 2rsa. Sorry that you lost your Black file :(.

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
nearing 1k encounters lol :p

still gl everyone

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
After a week of no hunting I'm ready to start up again, I'll be sring for the Musketeer Trio starting with my favorite, Virizion! Wish me luck :D

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
^ gl lol hunting non stop for shiny mareep myself

StingrayKurt

Liepard looks so good shiny congrats on the evolution Ambri, cocoadragon I think your re will still shine early for you!

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
^ lies lol at least i say around 3k and if it shines earlier than that its a ratata

StingrayKurt

Haha don't be so negative haha you will get your cotton candy sheep at no more than 2500 encounters!

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
to be honest ill take anything but i dont want shiny ratata :(

Calamity Lynn

Lady Breeds-a-Lot
i dont want shiny ratata :(

Ah, but you can turn that frown upside down! By doing what I did when I caught one while EV training speed in SS... name it "Joey's". Suddenly that Rattata isn't so lame, am I right?

Anyway. I am back to hunting while I wait for Black 2 to arrive. My current aims are Anorith and Scyther via MM. Anorith at the moment. RNG'd the fossils in my english game and japanese game. I hope that some day, considering half the IVs of the baby are guaranteed to be flawless, that the other IVs don't suck. Doesn't seem my luck, but a girl can dream. ... Armaldo is so cute. :3

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
i guess your rite shiny ratata has more value than shiny dratini now <.<

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
Yeah something like that, but in heartgold I heard it was nearer 1/1600. I'll keep going though.

I believe MM is 4/8192 in 4th Gen and 6/8192 in 5th gen, so the odds are better in B/W than in HG/SS.

Anyway, major congrats to Heliotrope on the shiny Chimchar, I am very jealous! Maybe your Platinum luck will rub off on me? =P And congrats to Cocoadragon on Chikorita ^.^

Also, I just finished hatching another 180 Ponytas with no shiny, up to 795 Ponytas (1394 eggs total). I'm now hatching my next batch of Blitzles, hopefully one of those 180 will be shiny!

Finally, I'd like to get some opinions... I really want a shiny Togekiss, but I also really want a shiny DW Gliscor and I just got my female Gligar off the DW... which do you guys think I should do next?

StingrayKurt

Togekiss and gliscor are two awesome pokemon some of my favorites! Gliscor is a better looking shiny though but he is also more of a common shiny that everyone goes for so it would be cool to be one of the few that has a shiny togekiss, I was actually thinking about going for it.

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
^ i agree with him togekiss is more valuable rarely see them less than gliscor

still near 1000 encounter

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
I got a shiny Virizion in a trade I don't know if its legit but the nature is docile :(

Shinluxray348

The name is Luxray
Up until a few months ago i'd never seen a shiny pokemon ingame. But then, in heartgold, i was training in victory road before the elite four and i ran up on a shiny graveler :D Then i was running around the routes in white and what do you know? i found a shiny pidove :D He's my favorite now :D

TomoEGoto

Mr. Robot-O
Oh... my... god....

I... got... a... shiny... starter..... within minutes...

I couldn't film because my sister was in the room with me and due to privacy... yeah.

Guess what shiny?
The recent shiny of Gen IV..

IMAG0238.jpg

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
↑ notice how his chiko has the same name as mine........ congrats anyways still hunting mareep
and another - sp.atk nature at least he has female >.<

Last edited:

Calamity Lynn

Lady Breeds-a-Lot
Of those here that have recently, as in the last two months, SR'd a Johto Starter.... How many of us got Chikorita? I only counted one non-Chikorita. A Totodile.

Clearly, Chikorita was upset that most people consider her one of the worst starters... And has sought revenge.

Anyway, obligatory hunt update. I got a 1-point-off-perfect-flawless Anorith so now I am just doing Scythers. I have been having bad luck with Scyther. Not only has it not shined despite me doing it as a hunt repeatedly within my listed egg counts.. But I haven't even gotten any with high enough IVs to be worth using on a team. Weird.

EDIT: Apparently the magic of New Page has smiled upon me and I did not in fact post twice on the same page. Woo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.