• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

123to

Want to be friends
1st a wooper in my Diamond and it was in the safari zone and fled then at route 13 in my black a tangla also a shiny geodude and lavitar in leaf green but I failed to catch it. ( I forget when it happen) and an eevee and dusknior in pokemon rumble and ON THE SAME DAY for eevee and dusknior. And I found a Shiny nidoran male in heartgold and a day later form that a Shiny Chimecho in black.Spr_4d_194_m_s.png

cupofchuck

Just another update on my hunt. Not a lot of SRs yet, but I'm at 62/186 seen so far. But I did 20 resets with a stopwatch to see how long it took per reset. Here is my times for the resets.
SR Lap Time
1 1:24.2
2 1:25.6
3 1:26.9
4 1:25.1
5 1:29.2
6 1:28.9
7 1:24.5
8 1:31.5
9 1:21.6
10 1:27.7
11 1:28.9
12 1:25.9
13 1:27.0
14 1:23.5
15 1:25.2
16 1:28.7
17 1:29.1
18 1:28.8
19 1:25.6
20 1:35.9

It looks like it takes me 88.2 seconds on average to complete a reset. That's about 20 resets every 30 minutes. Are all the games this long?

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
now at 1100 encounters 400 more and ill be good for today might go a little over that

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Just another update on my hunt. Not a lot of SRs yet, but I'm at 62/186 seen so far. But I did 20 resets with a stopwatch to see how long it took per reset. Here is my times for the resets.
SR Lap Time
1 1:24.2
2 1:25.6
3 1:26.9
4 1:25.1
5 1:29.2
6 1:28.9
7 1:24.5
8 1:31.5
9 1:21.6
10 1:27.7
11 1:28.9
12 1:25.9
13 1:27.0
14 1:23.5
15 1:25.2
16 1:28.7
17 1:29.1
18 1:28.8
19 1:25.6
20 1:35.9

It looks like it takes me 88.2 seconds on average to complete a reset. That's about 20 resets every 30 minutes. Are all the games this long?

You're hunting on Diamond, correct? Well first of all, when you see the pictures of the pokemon, it won't show if they're shiny or not. You have to select the starter first to see if it's shiny. And Sinnoh SRs take especially long.

Markasdarkas

Shiny Hunter!
Wow dude congrats in the Houndour and the Ditto very cool! Started my new hunt yesterday a Charmander! I hope I get as lucky as I did with my other hunts. Congrats to everyone on the new shiny pokemon and keep up the good work! Cheers!

P.S. If anyone is in need of a charmander let me know I have way too many.

Last edited:

Shiny Supercow

S*ck My PokeBalls
About to hit 800 eggs. Starting to get demotivated. Hopefully I'll get a sparkling Porygon soon!

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
oh.wow.looks like the easter bunny dropped a few eggs and never came back for them

shiny exeggcute after 1381 headbutts ^^

naughty nature

thats 3 shinies in 3 days + pokerus

http://i45.*******.com/qzqd6v.jpg

Last edited:

StingrayKurt

Your on fire cocoadragon! Unbelievable! Congrats on your golden eggs! Shoulda named it humpty

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
hmm but what about when i evolve it lol

wondering what to hunt next.....

dangit forgot to show my badges and its the third golden shiny of my bq :p everyone is having golden bqs and im using SS

Last edited:

TheEliteEmpoleon

I just ran into a shiny Amoongus on Route 10. It was completly random, and my stupid Rufflet got a critical hit with slash and KO'd it. WWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHYYYYYY!!!

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
.... HUH?!

I noticed that somebody just posted this video on youtube: Live shiny RESHIRAM in White 2

Wait - so Reshiram/Zekrom CAN be shiny in B/W 2 after all?! O_O If this is true then I am delighted.

Edit: That's the same video I posted, Corroded Arceus. And I notice that they've now made that video private for some reason... I don't see why they would have cheated; they have plenty of other legit looking shiny videos on there.

Last edited:
Gonna stop hunting in Giant Chasm till i got a Magnet Puller. If i encounter a shiny there i hope it'll be Metang.

YNCRN

Egg 125!
Video of a shiny Reshiram that has already been taken down or marked as private?

Smells fishy.

Then again, I am suspect to a lot of the videos on YouTube of shinies, simply because of how un-surprised people are with their shinies. I'm freaking out when I see one, people on YouTube are often like "meh, another shiny, 100 eggs, isn't this neat?"

If I'm being COMPLETELY honest, I think that Pokechecking all shinies to prove their validity should be encouraged/required.

The last thing I'd want someone to do is question the validity of my shinies, because for as hard as I work for them I don't want them to be taken away from me because someone thinks I hacked them.

dan2point5

Whoa! Congrats on Exeggcute! You're shiny quest is going great :) Yeah pretty sure Eevee can be shiny so good luck!

Just finished boxing up another 300 eggs. I wish hatching was as quick as stocking haha.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
im gonna SR for bills eevee i already did 100 SRs can it be shiny?

so can shiny reshiram be shiny or not in black 2?

shiny exeggcute http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkhSBYbfMRc&feature=youtu.be

Congrats on your Exeggcute, and Bill's Eevee can definitely be shiny, I've seen videos of it live on Youtube.

Personally, I'd imagine that this Reshiram is semi-legit, since it was confirmed awhile ago that it can't be shiny. It could even be hacked, since they already made the video private.

Anyway, I'm up to 809 Ponytas and 795 Blitzles (1604 total) and I just finished storing another 360 eggs. I'd be really happy if one of these Pokemon shone before 2k eggs total, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they won't. Good luck to everyone else on their hunts!

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
ok thank you guys oh yea and chikorita only took 150 SRs of a new file

currently at 200SRs

gonna make it vaporeon

Status
Not open for further replies.