• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellywolffy

<Hunting
Should I really get a shiny starter or should I come back to tepig after the whole game and breed one?

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I'm at about 56 Zorua eggs using MM. So time consuming! How do you all stick with it so long?

I usually watch TV, youtube videos (live shiny encounters usually), or movies. I will also SR while reading a book (like when I'm on break at work) or doing homework. When I hunted Kyogre I SRed whenever possible... it's not easy to SR while doing math homework though haha =P

Anyway, I'm back to gathering eggs for Ponyta and Blitzle. Up to 989 hatched for both, so I'm assuming both are going to hit 1k. I just hope one of them shines before a combined total of 3k! Good luck to everyone on your hunts and congrats on all recent shinies, especially Spheals on that Rayquaza ^.^

shinypokemon

shiny searcher
I was checking the Unbreedable pokemon list, and I noticed that, with the Shining Charm, the hardest non-legendary shiny will be Unown, as it's the only one you can't breed for, or SR for. Kind of a funny thing, since is both one of the worst Pokemon, but also one of my personal favorite shinys.

But well, back in my hunt, I decided I will stop the R Unown hunt for the moment, so that I can get all my strenght into my Shiny Snorunt hunt. I hope it decides to shine soon, but wel... I'm currently near the 200 eggs

Good luck to everyone, and congratulations in the recent ones! Keep the shinies coming!

TheShinyLunatone

VAMPIRE LORDS!
olay:] credit where credit is due:

congrats on patrat, cherrim, yoshi the totadile, rayquaza, and any shinies i missed! congrats everyone!

DAN2points5! try SRing after every 2 boxes stored: my last hunts were under 300 using that method. give it a try:]

so update: i hatched 28 smeargle and 60 cranidos...no shuny:/ maybe soon right?^^ always hoping!

good luck and goodnight everyone!

RandomGuy27

Well I finally got a shiny starter in Soul Silver for my badge quest... Too bad it's the starter I didn't want, Chikorita. Oh well at least I can move on now.

After about 2,900 SRs:

http://i48.*******.com/bhj7f7.jpg

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Jeez, everyone's getting their starter! Why not me...?

Just hit 2,446 SRs in total, and 7,338 in Starters Seen.

dan2point5

Suppose I better go get my 4th gym badge...

Current Hunt - Complete
218-shiny-frame1.png

4,291 Eggs

Thanks so much guys for all your encouragement and helping me through this long hunt. It meant a lot :) thanks so much!

StingrayKurt

Woooohooo you finally got him Dan! Awesome! What a great start to the weekend for you! I'm so happy for ya dude!

Not gonna lie all the complaining about hunts that aren't even close to over the odds bugs me to a point.

At over 25k for Snivy at this point. Hoping it shines before 30k

YNCRN

Egg 125!
Congrats, Dan!!

I knew your perseverance would pay off!

Also, Swampert, sorry it's taken you this long... But I hope as with anything, your patience will be rewarded.

Stick with it!

Hilda

What is your first target?

Also want to ask, where do you all get your shiny card?

Well, my first target is a shiny Deino. There was this site where you can make your trainer cards but I forgot.

ALSO GUYS, I have a shiny Growlithe that my friend hatched a few months back, it has Adamant nature and has 31 IVs in Attack and Speed, and Intimidate as the ability.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Suppose I better go get my 4th gym badge...

Current Hunt - Complete
218-shiny-frame1.png

4,291 Eggs

Thanks so much guys for all your encouragement and helping me through this long hunt. It meant a lot :) thanks so much!

Get in there Dan! At last you have the 4th Shiny. Go and get your next one now, then it's back to hunting.

Not gonna lie all the complaining about hunts that aren't even close to over the odds bugs me to a point.

At over 25k for Snivy at this point. Hoping it shines before 30k

To be completely honest, the other hunts and my hunt do test patience quite a bit, but I see what you mean. I have been on my Starter hunt for well over a month, maybe 2 months, and it is testing my patience a lot. Then again, I cannot be patient enough to MM 200 eggs, never mind 4,291 eggs.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Gratz Dan! Its great to see that your patience finally paid off :D

Martinzqx

Thanks guys :) your encouragement really did help me though!

slugma1.jpg

slugma2.jpg

So happy about this shiny!

That is awesome Dan! At least it is about half of your squirtle shiny!

Status
Not open for further replies.