• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Mega congrats on the Shiny Slugma!

Currently hatching the last of my first 1000 eggs in my Shiny Ponyta hunt. Was really hoping it would be under 1000 because my others have been so far but have a feeling Ponyta is going to be difficult because it's such an awesome shiny and I've always liked it. I guess my next goal is to get one in under 1366...

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Well if it's frowned upon doing I won't do it.I want to do this as fair as possible,also aquaregisteel how did you get your shiny card made?

I found a template, some sprites and made it myself really.

I hope my starter shines before 8,000...It'd be a long hunt if it doesn't.

dan2point5

Thanks chachi and doodlecloud! Hope you both get your targets soon! So worth the effort!

Spent today levelling up my first 3 shinies to level 45 and then started on Slugma. Currently level 25 so 20 more to go and then I'll start my next hunt which is currently undecided. It won't be MM though haha.

Edit - Keep going Aqua! Can't believe it still won't shine but keep patient, you'll get it soon :)

Dangertrout

congrats to all the recent shinies, and good luck to everyone who is still hunting their targets!
my bulbasaur hunt is at around 600, but i think i'm gonna give shiny hunting a rest until i get B2/W2. (once I finish hatching this last batch)
It's just time for a change of pace. Maybe I'll finally finish this Emerald game that's been sitting in this box forever :p

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
lol was away on vacation for the weekend now i am back to SRing eevee at 1077 SRs wish me luck congratz again Dan on slugma it looks awesome

Last edited:

dan2point5

Good luck with Eevee! Fingers crossed it shines soon!

Also good luck to supercow, let's hope that porygon decides to finally show itself!

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Up to 1000 REs in my White 2 now. Hope I see a shine soon and I hope it isn't one I already have! Good luck for everyone else

I'm focusing on trying to MM an Eevee, already gone through about 20 eggs. Why did I have to pick a Pokemon that takes forever to hatch? lol, How many more eggs do you think it'll take?

Dangertrout

I'm focusing on trying to MM an Eevee, already gone through about 20 eggs. Why did I have to pick a Pokemon that takes forever to hatch? lol, How many more eggs do you think it'll take?

not to discourage you or anything, but my shortest hunt was 715. I seem to have bad luck though, so hopefully your hunt will be much shorter ^_^

TopDecking Shinobi

Today I got my first RE nonRNG shiny encounter in Gen5 ^_^.

jSW0L.png

I didnt even notice it was shiny till I asked my friends, caught it and ran into yet another Litwick to compare colorations. Sure enough the one I encountered was shiny!!! :) Very happy with this. I ran into it while EV training my shiny Deino.

Edit:

Also wanted to add that I started the Sp. Atk EV training as of last night. So this appeared rather quickly in my opinion.

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
^ wow nice congrats

1200 SRs for eevee

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Congrats on all the recent shinies.

I'm up to around 7,800 REs for Virbank Complex. I expect this hunt to go over the odds, but maybe I'll get lucky soon. Will be well over 8,000 by the end of the night.

Good luck to everyone!

Snivasel

<- Last shiny
Hey, I was on just 308 SRs when I saw this preciousness:
http://i46.*******.com/x6di1k.jpg
"OMG!Yes!" I thought. Also I though that I could start my BQ, but...I couldn't choose it because the image stopped and my DS didn't answer. Seriously, I don't wish this neither to my worst enemy, has been awful, and also is the first shiny that I lost, but now I'm decided, I'm gonna avenge that Chikorita, so I re-started my game. Challenge accepted!
Currently at 370 total SRs, 62 since the Chikorita Troll :( .

Last edited:

shanil123

Congrats on shiny lit wick and all the other previous shinies.

So far i have been having a shiny drought for more than a month. As of right i am up to 10 000 sr for snivy in white 2, 13 880 for lugia in ss, 800+ eggs for tepig in white and 4360 sr for turtwig in platinum. Hopefully something shines soon >.< but mainly want my snivy now so i can actually play through white 2, lol.

Anyways good luck with all your hunts guys.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
"OMG!Yes!" I thought. Also I though that I could start my BQ, but...I couldn't choose it because the image stopped and my DS didn't answer. Seriously, I don't wish this neither to my worst enemy, has been awful, and also is the first shiny that I lost, but now I'm decided, I'm gonna avenge that Chikorita, so I re-started my game. Challenge accepted!

Oh man. Thats horrible :(

I hope you get another one really fast.

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt

Wow that's too bad. Good luck avenging that, and at least you didn't get it after a ridiculous amount of SRs, where you would have worked so hard.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner

"¿Quieres a Chikorita?" o_o

Anyway, that's extremely bad luck! ):
It's especially bad since Chikorita is one of the better shiny starters, in my opinion...
Hope you find another shiny one soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.