• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra Force

<-- Current Hunt
Up to 12,237 random encounters for Virbank Complex. Really hoping soon...

Congrats on all the recent shinies guys, and good luck on your hunts!

Cutty

Forever now
Here pics, pics. I was lazy to upload to photobucket last night. I hunt at night now cutting my sleeping hours. My body is friggin' tired like whatever. But it is all worth it.

- shiny Venipede appeared -
- shiny Venipede data - I use Japanese characters for OT.

After getting shiny Venipede I headed to Desert Resort to hunt any shiny to put in my in-game team. I have one more slot in it. I'm not using the Venipede btw.
I've got 3 badges so far. I went to Castelia City at first to pick up the bike before starting any RE hunts. It's difficult to RE without a bike.
But bike is pretty slow in Desert Resort. Running is faster. The weather is quiet annoying too. But that's the challenge.

Good luck on your hunts everyone. You'll get lucky sometimes.

Master Leo

The Dark Side
Decided to make my Leafgreen shiny starter hunt kind of like SS/HG. Each reset I pick a different starter and see if its shiny. Currently at 13,500 SR's.

I havent gotten a shiny since like 2 months ago (shiny Tynamo), and I have multiple hunts going on:

Leafgreen: Random Shiny Starter hunt (13,500 SR's)
Soulsilver: Mawile MM hunt (250 eggs)
White: Multi MM hunt of Minccino, Sewaddle, Pidove, and Lillipup (360 eggs)

Shiny Hunter Se7en

All-Times Favorite
Hi guys, well 24 mins and Saturday will be officially over and Turtwig has yet to shine :sigh:... this only means that the hunt keeps on!

Congrats @BLUE-MEW, it feels great when you find one of those random -totally unexpected- shiny pokémon, nice fake-tan/orange Throh
WOW, that is good-luck @Callie-Rose, Woobat has a pretty cool shiny colour, congrats, nice IV's also... what about Cupid for name -I know is the obvious one but it fits-

@StingrayKurt good luck SRing Kyurem -the most recent "must have shiny" for B2/W2- and good luck with your secret hunt too

Ambri

~Draco Rex~
Congrats on all the recent shinies! Hey Serris, long time no see XD good luck with hatching your own Shiny Larvesta soon! I think those names would fit great, especially Amaterasu since it's also the name of the sun goddess in Japanese myths~

It took a little while, but I finally evolved Mothra into a Volcarona :3

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Artwork%20and%20Drawings%202010/MothraEvolvedD.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Artwork%20and%20Drawings%202010/MoarMothrastats.jpg[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://i903.photobucket.com/albums/ac239/AmbriKyu/Artwork%20and%20Drawings%202010/SparkleMothra.jpg[/IMG300]

Her IVs were not so great, but ah well:

HP:0 (Whyy? T.T)
Att: 16 - 17
Def:3 (Meh |D)
Sp Att: 21 (Yay!)
Sp Def:14
Spd: 13 - 14

I've decided I'll MM multihunt Snivy and Tepig at the same time, and just see which one hatches first then carry on with the other. But I won't start yet till I've done some more training and playing first XD.

Good luck to everyone on your hunts again! ^_^

Last edited:

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Hey guys. I haven't been on here in FOREVER! I am currently putting my pink/purple/red whatever hunt on hold because I don't feel like egg hatching atm. So instead I decided to go for my first RE hunt in Giant Chasm. I hope to get either a shiny Ditto or a shiny Metang. Let's hope that it is one of them when I get a shine! I might start egg hatching for Sneasel again when I get back in the mood. I have currently hatched about 900 or more eggs for that thing and decided to take a break from it (which was months ago.) Good luck everyone!

Floette

Fennekin
I have been unable to start my Zubat MM hunt due to failure to find a Crobat with 31 Speed IV. Its a shame too, because I spent a lot of time grinding the Battle Subway for the Power Anklet. I posted in some trade shops and in the Zubat/Golbat/Crobat trading thread, with no luck.

If anyone has any tips to help me find a Golbat/Crobat with 31 Speed IV that would be great. If you could trade me one that would be even better :p

Once I have a Golbat/Crobat with 31 Speed IV I just need to find a Jolly Golbat/Crobat of the opposite gender. (and opposite language of course) That should be easy. (GTS)

I am becoming frustrated because I have a lot of time right now to MM but I can't begin due to this little problem.

Oh well, soon
041.png
shall be mine.

mad_toast_boy

shiny hunter
Hi there :)
I haven't been playing pokemon much recently and it's been even longer since I was last shiny hunting. I used to catch and trade shinies (I have just over 300 now) and I'm starting to go hunting again. I just wanted to know if anybody has any good suggestions for pokemon to chain using the pokeradar on Pearl, and if so I will make that my target.

Oh, also has anybody got that shining charm yet? I have been preparing all of the pokemon that are unobtainable in B/W 2 on my other games in preparation for when they come out in the UK so I can transfer them over complete my national dex as fast as possible.
thanks

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
After 7163 encounters my 2nd Platinum Badge Quest shiny has appear: a shiny Starly. ^_^

Video: Shiny Starly

As for my other current hunts, here they are:
Heart Gold: Badge Quest, Lapras - 700 soft resets
Soul Silver: Headbutting for Exeggcute/Cherubi - 12,125 encounters
Black UK: Magikarp - 275 eggs hatched
White: Litwick - around 21,000 encounters
FR/LG: Snorlax

I think I'm going to soft reset for a shiny Cranidos for my 3rd Platinum Badge Quest shiny.

Edit: started SR'ing for shiny Cranidos; I'm now at 50 SR. And I've just noticed Platinum team now has pokerus.

Last edited:

broken glass

average shiny hunter
not much progress done but i have started a new hunt along with my eevee hunt ^_^

soulsilver BQ eevee: 2600 SRs
white MM drifloon: 50 hatched

congratz on the starly helio

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Wow gratz on all the recent shinies everyone, Colbalion is still refusing to shine for me. Is anyone planning to do a BQ for when the english BW2 games come out? I think I might, well anyways good luck on the hunting!

Dangertrout

Wow gratz on all the recent shinies everyone, Colbalion is still refusing to shine for me. Is anyone planning to do a BQ for when the english BW2 games come out? I think I might, well anyways good luck on the hunting!
I might on my second game (I always get both versions). I tend to get impatient though, so I might give up halfway >.<

edit - May as well post my progress (or lack thereof)
1200+ bulbasaurs hatched, none shiny yet. Giving it another hundred or so eggs and then switching targets. Maybe my game has just decided I have enough shiny bulbasaurs :p

Last edited:

doodlecloud

Shiny Hunter
Is anyone planning to do a BQ for when the english BW2 games come out? I think I might, well anyways good luck on the hunting!

Yeah, I'm definitely going to try and SR for a shiny starter, probably Tepig as I don't have one yet. If I can do that then I'll give BQ a go but I'm not sure how well I'll hold out as I've never managed to stick at SR/RE before....

In any case, congrats on all the recent shinies, especially Venipede (one of my faves). I've finally given all my college stuff in so I now have lots of spare time to finally finish my Ponyta hunt (I hope)!

dan2point5

Nearing 10k at a steady rate, but losing motivation quicker it seems. Typical I get a long hunt for a pokemon I won't use and will probably be one I dont want (Farfetch'd or Raticate).

Congrats on recent shinies and good luck.

AquaRegisteel

Face Oblivion
Keep it up Dan! You'll get there very soon...

Anyways, I am at 3,142 SRs. This is starting to get a little bit too long for me, but I'll hold out now. I still have a chance...

Also, my BQ on SoulSilver should be done by the time BW2 comes out, and I have 6 weeks of hunting starting on Wednesday this week. Finally, time to dedicate more...time to these hunts.

BLUE-MEW

What is existence?
Decided to go for latios in black 2 to pair with my latias now.... should be fun considering my game will probably be like lolno you got a shiny less than 40 encounters ago but whatever xP

TomoEGoto

Mr. Robot-O
I am hearing quite a stir with people using the shining charm.
So, any shiny caught with the help of the charm is like a 'Dos and invaluable?

I see no bad sides to the charm, after all it's not like you get it after beating the game, you have to get every Pokemon in the National Dex (or seen, I don't recall).
Best, no one has to cheat so much for their shinies and can actually put some elbow grease.

Floette

Fennekin
I am hearing quite a stir with people using the shining charm.
So, any shiny caught with the help of the charm is like a 'Dos and invaluable?

I see no bad sides to the charm, after all it's not like you get it after beating the game, you have to get every Pokemon in the National Dex (or seen, I don't recall).
Best, no one has to cheat so much for their shinies and can actually put some elbow grease.

Serebii says: Nuvema Town (From Juniper - Catch all National Pokédex)

I am assuming that is correct. If it was given just from anything I would be a bit angry.

Anyway I am absolutely ready to start MMing tomorrow night.

StingrayKurt

I see no problem using the shiny charm. All the shiny hunters on YouTube beg to differ every time the catch a shin in the new games they go to their key items to prove that they don't have one. As much as I like to hunt for rare shinies I feel speeding it up with the shiny charm and round charm will open up some time for the more important things in life.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
I see no problem with using the Charm either.

I mean, it's not like it guarantees you to find a shiny. It only increases the chance. And we all know very well how "chance" works in Pokemon :p
So it won't be like suddenly we see a shiny every 10 encounters or so. The chance increase is not THAT high.

Status
Not open for further replies.