• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjo

Awesome Zorua is still awesome when shiny maybe try a random encounter now could be by fishing or by cave/grass. You could try for a specific type of pokemon maybe a cool psychic type or electric ^^ .

Yes I really want an RE shiny because I haven't gotten one in the 8 years I've been playing lol. It's kind of sad actually, maybe I just have bad luck with RE shinies.
I once tried to SR Kyurem but I got bored after ~20 SRs but somehow I have the patience to MM. Hmm...

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
Also Swoobat looks awesome as a shiny the golden fur around its neck is awesome. It looks like a true fruit bat so that's what is nickname is gonna be related to, is anyone nicknaming their recent shinies?

Also Swoobat looks awesome as a shiny the golden fur around its neck is awesome. It looks like a true fruit bat so that's what is nickname is gonna be related to, is anyone nicknaming their recent shinies?

My Servine's nickname is Lyffn. :3 I like to nickname my personal shinies that I use for battling and such.

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
i nickedname zorua bluemoon you only see one once in a bluemoon

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
weelll im gonna finish this hunt

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
are you doing it by mm

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
ill be bac later

Icing Sugar

Just started my shiny Snivy hunt via MM, wish me luck ppl :p

5 eggs so far, and only 1 modest :/
No, I don't like nicknaming my pokes :/

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
Name it something hilariously obvious like Wisp or Candle Wax anything is possible for Litwick actually. I just like its final evolve forms shiny sprite reminds me of halloween :)

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
meh i'm not gonna fight with hatching eggs today maybe some other time. But i kept track how many eggs i hatched today :). GOnna do some RE and maybe find terrikon and SR for it to be shiny

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
Just started my shiny Snivy hunt via MM, wish me luck ppl :p

5 eggs so far, and only 1 modest :/

No, I don't like nicknaming my pokes :/

Oh okay I like leaving some of my pokemon without nicknames most of the time ^^;
I need to get a lower leveled sychcronize pokemon atleast then i would only see three pokemon instead of Cryogonal, low leveled Boldore and "insert" Gurdurr

I named my Zorua Chaos and I will name my Deino Shenron.

Oooh, I love Shenron.

I'm really set on original nicknames. People can come up with pretty unoriginal and overused nicknames sometimes. :C
My Zekrom is named Genr'tyr. Kinda sounds like generator. :S
I am a huge Zekrom nerd, I love that thing so much. ._.

Also good luck IS with your Snivy! :3

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Ok I might do some GTS hunting for shiny and RE on route 16. Hopefully i am sucessful

||Caboose||

Precision.
Oooh, I love Shenron.

I'm really set on original nicknames. People can come up with pretty unoriginal and overused nicknames sometimes. :C
My Zekrom is named Genr'tyr. Kinda sounds like generator. :S
I am a huge Zekrom nerd, I love that thing so much. ._.
Thanks! Genr'tyr is a cool name for Zekrom. You are right. Most nicknamed pokemon I see either end on a vowel like a Japanese name or a meme name like Smugleaf.

Gem122

<-- is mine!
where do you find how many REs you have done? I am searching for litwick and I don't want to count! I have no luck whatsoever with shinys in my black game! Not a single one, random, MMed, REed, etc.

shinny

Latest shiny <3
Name it something hilariously obvious like Wisp or Candle Wax anything is possible for Litwick actually. I just like its final evolve forms shiny sprite reminds me of halloween :)

Ill name it Wisp then =)

@gem - was not RE..Was MM and took 135 eggs for it

||Caboose||

Precision.
where do you find how many REs you have done? I am searching for litwick and I don't want to count! I have no luck whatsoever with shinys in my black game! Not a single one, random, MMed, REed, etc.
Go to your trainer card, flip to the back, press the top box, scroll down.

Status
Not open for further replies.