• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Yeah, Timid sounds fine. My Black FC: 4899-5507-7907

Would be pretty hilarious if one of the eggs hatches shiny. I've got 8 boxes full. It'd be a relief, but I'd probably bash my head into the wall as a celebration.

so a timid japanese female? (might have to wait a little while :p)

Marvs

Shinneeee!
if it's male then the nature doesn't matter, only the female will pass down the nature. So either a japanese timid female, or a japanese male with a few eggs moves?

AwesomeTree

I end today with over 240 Charmander hatched, 8 boxes full with 8 remaining. I hope it shines before I fill box 24, otherwise I'll be releasing a LOT of Pokemon...

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
Okay, that makes sense.

Yeah. Either or. I assume that I put an Everstone on the female, btw?

Last edited:

PokeAJ

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but can you get a shiny Zorua MMing? Cause I've heard conflicting reports from some who say that zorua is shiny locked altogether, to others who say it's just the event zorua that's shiny locked? So which is it? Don't wanna attempt MMing it and waste my time if it's impossible.

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
The event Zorua and Zoroark are shiny locked. MM is not.

I'd look like the world's biggest dumbass if that were so.

KevinIsADude

The Shining Beauty<3
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but can you get a shiny Zorua MMing? Cause I've heard conflicting reports from some who say that zorua is shiny locked altogether, to others who say it's just the event zorua that's shiny locked? So which is it? Don't wanna attempt MMing it and waste my time if it's impossible.

It's just the event Zorua that isn't able to shine.

Zorua can indeed shine via Masuda Method.

PokeAJ

OK, thanks guys that's what I thought, but some people I've seen have made it sound like it's impossible to get it legit shiny any way.

smashfanDS

if it's male then the nature doesn't matter, only the female will pass down the nature. So either a japanese timid female, or a japanese male with a few eggs moves?

Actually, even the male can pass down Nature by Everstone in gen 5 (I even tested.) So give Everstone to the parent with the right nature, and Power item to pass down 1 stat IV if you want. ;)

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Actually, even the male can pass down Nature by Everstone in gen 5 (I even tested.) So give Everstone to the parent with the right nature, and Power item to pass down 1 stat IV if you want. ;)

are you sure? because I tested too, hatched about 10 eggs and not one nature passed down :S

Kur0nue

Round-a-Bound

Natures are passed down by either parent now, so long as it is holding the everstone (GF changed it in Gen 5).

@Confusious - what you need is a male Japanese Timid Zorua with Dark Pulse in order to get baby Zoruas with DP. You can give the everstone to the male now and the nature will still be passed down.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
The event Zorua and Zoroark are shiny locked. MM is not.

I'd look like the world's biggest dumbass if that were so.

I have a timid male with egg moves now :) as males can pass down natures now you might as well take this one!

Keruso

Here, Birdy birdy!!
Those are some nice quality shots there. (The second one I should say! :p) And congrats on the shiny.

Never seen a yellow DSi, either. Nice!

Actually, my DSi is white. The light overhead makes it look yellow. It also doesn't help when all the Pokemon move while I'm trying to take a picture with my phone.

I went to the Pokecenter after catching that Purrloin, and found out that's not the only thing I caught. I seem to have contracted Pokerus, for the fifth time in all of my games

Status
Not open for further replies.