• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Casually trying for a shiny Zorua on my Jap game, wonder what the luck is like!

Genesect

Hello! :D

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Is it still possible to SR for fossil pokemon?

Genesect

my shinies: victini, tepig (i chose snivy in the beginning but still got a shiny tepig lol), sceptile, darkrai, 3 crowned beasts/dogs, zoroark, zekrom AND reshiram (although i only purchased white, lol), milotic, rayquaza, giratina, tornadus (again, i only purchased white lol). all these from soft resets, the version exclusives like reshiram/tornadus traded, and events.

my shinies: victini, tepig (i chose snivy in the beginning but still got a shiny tepig lol), sceptile, darkrai, 3 crowned beasts/dogs, zoroark, zekrom AND reshiram (although i only purchased white, lol), milotic, rayquaza, giratina, tornadus (again, i only purchased white lol). all these from soft resets, the version exclusives like reshiram/tornadus traded, and events.

Too bad Victini, Reshiram, and Zekrom aren't allowed to be shiny.

Is it still possible to SR for fossil pokemon?

Yes.

Genesect

Victini, Reshiram and Zekrom cannot be Shiny. Ever. They have Shiny prevention flags on them :x

zekrom/reshiram is shiny if you do not catch it in N's castle then its back in dragonspiral tower then you soft reset. victini was traded from my friend i know he doesnt hack for sure but i have no clue how he got him. (maybe another trade from someone who did hack him?) why would they make a shiny form if its not supposed to be shiny explain to me that :p

Marvs

Shinneeee!

if you remove your action replay card you will find it much harder to obtain shiny pokemon! especially the ones that are unable to be shiny...

Genesect

by the way i would NEVER lie about my shinies

if you remove your action replay card you will find it much harder to obtain shiny pokemon! especially the ones that are unable to be shiny...

i dont use ar! i said these are from trades and events too! only a few i caught myself.

Last edited by a moderator:
zekrom/reshiram is shiny if you do not catch it in N's castle then its back in dragonspiral tower then you soft reset. victini was traded from my friend i know he doesnt hack for sure but i have no clue how he got him. (maybe another trade from someone who did hack him?) why would they make a shiny form if its not supposed to be shiny explain to me that :p

Still doesn't work. If they release them as shiny events later on and the coding isn't in the game well then, you could imagine what would happen.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Like I said, Reshiram/Zekrom cannot be Shiny. Ever. Not at N's Castle, not at Dragonspiral Tower. Serebii reported that they could be Shiny, but he was proven wrong months ago. And Victini cannot be Shiny either. They all have Shiny sprites, but that's so that the game doesn't crash if they ever get released. I'm not saying you hacked them, I'm just saying that they cannot be Shiny.

PokemonOwn

B = Not True.

U = Because if you KO them, they are revived. Therefore, you could just KO them until they were shiny, instead of losing time while SR'ing.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
by the way i would NEVER lie about my shinies

you never lie, yet you claim to have soft reset both reshiram and zekrom and got their shiny forms? both of which have had pretty extensive tests run to find out if they can be shiny and they unfortunately cannot.

rocky505

Don't feed the troll. I saw a shiny shelmet on GTS the other day but they wanted one of those stupid level 9 and under Reshiram.

~Light

Quick question about breeding :)

What is the fastest way to breed and hatch eggs ?
Currently I always have magmortar & volcarona with me because of flame body. Then I put 2 eggs next to magmortar, and 2 eggs next to volcarona, and then I hatch those eggs. If one egg hatches and it isn't shiny, I release it, and take a new egg from the old guy.

Is there any way to speed things up a little bit ?

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Don't feed the troll. I saw a shiny shelmet on GTS the other day but they wanted one of those stupid level 9 and under Reshiram.

happens all the time :( I think it's just people showing off! kinda wanna get myself an action replay just to trade them haha

rocky505

happens all the time :( I think it's just people showing off! kinda wanna get myself an action replay just to trade them haha
It doesn't work my friend already tried to do that.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Quick question about breeding :)

What is the fastest way to breed and hatch eggs ?
Currently I always have magmortar & volcarona with me because of flame body. Then I put 2 eggs next to magmortar, and 2 eggs next to volcarona, and then I hatch those eggs. If one egg hatches and it isn't shiny, I release it, and take a new egg from the old guy.

Is there any way to speed things up a little bit ?

no point having 2 pokemon with flame body to start with, frees up an extra slot for an egg!

It doesn't work my friend already tried to do that.

Ah, bugger.

Status
Not open for further replies.