1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by bobandbill, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black&White

Black&White Well-Known Member

It's possible, but I think it would be faster to MM for them.

2. Marvs

Marvs Shinneeee!

Yeah, fancied a change though! But now decided I'll just leave it lol

3. Chibified

Chibified <--Wants Plushie of

Hello all. Man, I see today is full of changes (and annoyances). I hope our hunting has provided joy (and some frustration). Looks like today will prove to be a good day for some. Currently wondering if I should RE Altaria while building up more eggs for Petilil.

4. Quezy

Quezy Well-Known Member

I'm trying to breed a shiny larvesta and I'm getting irritated 'cause my everstone doesn't seem to be working. :/ I want my shiny larvesta to be modest.

5. Genesect

Genesect Hello! :D

well i have no clue who hacked then, but like i said, i traded alot. people lie, and they look completely legit. i really dont want to set all my traded shinies free, but will it ruin my game if i dont? i havent seen any glitches yet, but i have never hacked once in my entire life. the person who traded me told me about dragonspiral tower...if its hacked then i had no way of knowig, but alot i caught myself and are from legit events. are you sure victini cant be shiny? i really dont think my friend hacked, but i will ask him.

6. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

100% true Victini cannot be shiny. Your "friend" is also a lier and a hacker.

7. Littlemyuu

Littlemyuu Orig. Solar-Sceptile

Okay, im still on my Tepig hunt...i hatched a total of 4106 eggs now.
    still hope it will shine soon!

8. Genesect

and im not showing off!!! i said my shinies and thought my friend was kind enough to at least trade me legit pokemon and not all of them are traded. i have never hacked in my life!!!!

9. Genesect

should i set them free?

10. pokegirlforever

pokegirlforever <-- Too cute for ya!

Just a quick question, I'm trying to hatch a shiny zorua but I have no idea how many eggs it usually takes until you get a shiny. You someone maybe give me a rough number?

11. BigWhite

BigWhite Yep.

It could take 1 egg or it could take more eggs than our national debt.

12. Kagamineglaceon

Kagamineglaceon Glaceon trainer

shiney reshiram pwns! 8D i think it looks Amazing!!!

13. pokegirlforever

pokegirlforever <-- Too cute for ya!

o_O Wow. I better get to work then. XD

14. Marvs

Marvs Shinneeee!

That's up to you, I would personally but I put alot of time into shiny hunting so I really dislike those created by action replays.

Also your forum name, and signiture indicate that you have genesect - also an unreleased pokemon only obtainably by hacks.

@pokegirlforever - as BigWhite said it is completely random, average? probably about 400. However I have a shiny in 2 eggs, and a shiny in 1500 eggs.

15. Genesect

i know i hate hacking too but it was nice thinking that i had legit shiny legendary dragons and i do not have genesect i thought that "claiming pokemon" did not have anything to do with catching them i joined serebii less than a week ago will someone please help me out here? whats it mean?

16. Master Shake

Master Shake Texan

I'm still working on my MM Axew, I'm right at 500 eggs. Still no luck.. At least when it does hatch it'll know Swords Dance and Giga Impact thanks to taking a break and then putting the parents back in at level 70 something haha

17. Marvs

Marvs Shinneeee!

Guess we got off to the wrong start. Always be warey with shiny trades, I have a few and they seem legit but there is no real 100% sure way to tell unless you use external programs. The only 100% legit ones are the ones you caught/bred/SR yourself :)

18. Genesect

alright thanks, but what is "claiming pokemon". i removed it from my sig, but i swear to god i dont own unreleased events. as for the hacked pokemon, i trained shiny victini to level 76 from 15, so i really would not want to set it free. as for shiny zekrom/reshiram thank god i have not gave them a single exp. point.

19. Genesect

also, i have heard that people on the gts request impsossible pokemon like level nine reshiram because they are trying to find a glitch to clone pokemon. that would be funny if someone actually had a level 1 reshiram and got to trade it for a level one hundred shiny emboar 8D. but they are probably hacked anyway...

20. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

As I said earlier, Hacking a level 9 and under Zekrom/Reshiram will not work on GTS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.