• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quezy

In other news, I just got a modest shiny ralts. :'D I need to transfer her over to my black, but I wanna train her up first.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
In other news, I just got a modest shiny ralts. :'D I need to transfer her over to my black, but I wanna train her up first.

nice, I have 2 female adamant ralts.. wanna trade? :p

joxxmarie

Eeveelution Obsessor
Congrats Quezy!
Shiny Ralts have always been one of my favorite shinies :D

Kehris

<3 Ghosts
Finally got a japanese male cottonee off the gts to make these* eggs pop out faster e_e
I want my cottonee to shine before sunday :c

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well, I've resumed my hunt for a Shiny Vulpix. I took a break yesterday since I got lucky and found another Shiny Pokemon, but now I'm back to hatching eggs in order to hatch a Shiny Vulpix. I've been tempted to try battling in those patches of grass where two Pokemon are encountered since people are finding Shinies there all the time, but I want to finish up this current search before I move on to something else. I've also stopped doing random encounters for a Shiny Darumaka on Route 4 since nothing has shown up so far and I've done over 4000 RE's already. I'm not giving up, but I am going to leave that search for the time being. I'll continue it next week at the earliest. GLE.

rocky505

Just received the following shinies from trading

Tepig
Oshawott
Snivy
Zorua
Landorus

I will post pics later

Ark Crow

Well, I've now used Masuda Method to hatch 1366 Axews, with no shiny. Stupid probability. The annoying thing is that, if I searched the internet enough, I could probably find someone willing to trade their shiny Axew for one of my shinies, but there's no way I'm giving up on my MM hunt now! Plus, I don't want to get rid of my shinies, even the ones I don't like.

Equious

Quick question, if yo can SR for fossils in B/W how would you go about doing it? Save before you get to original fossil, or save after you give it to the guy at the museum?

Ndayday

i louvre mitsy!!111
Quick question, if yo can SR for fossils in B/W how would you go about doing it? Save before you get to original fossil, or save after you give it to the guy at the museum?

Save right before talking to the guy in the museum.
For extra quickness in checking it, don't forget to register your Pokemon's Status page to the Y button!

rocky505, try [collapse] tags.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Hey there everyone. I have thought of a new thing to RE for and probably switch back and forth to SR for terrikon. Since I own white, I am planning on hunting shiny petlil :)

Equious

Save right before talking to the guy in the museum.
For extra quickness in checking it, don't forget to register your Pokemon's Status page to the Y button!

rocky505, try [collapse] tags.
Right before taking to pokemon he extracts right?

KevinIsADude

The Shining Beauty<3
also, i have heard that people on the gts request impsossible pokemon like level nine reshiram because they are trying to find a glitch to clone pokemon. that would be funny if someone actually had a level 1 reshiram and got to trade it for a level one hundred shiny emboar 8D. but they are probably hacked anyway...

Some people put that to show off their shinies. Because they put a pokemon with an impossible level to obtain so it won't be traded away.

Last edited:

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
I got 12 boxes of Zorua's to hatch. Yay.

keep going it might pay off with something good soon.
my shiny hunts are on hold because of my shifting service I have to catch 250 pokemon on hg.

PinkPalkia

Artiste Forme.
Hi, Con! Still no luck yet? I just got on and now am restocking my PC with Mienfoo eggs! Also looking for a trade and trade back with a shiny Shelmet. 3 more entries for our Shinydexes, whoop whoop. o3o

I swear if I RE another shiny while hatching eggs I'm gunna go crazy. Early seeds or early seeds, I might add?

Status
Not open for further replies.