• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gem122

<-- is mine!
Well, i like my shiny zoroark a ton, and I'm happy I went for it, but i just wish that it turned into the shiny version of the pokemon in back, that would make it so awesome!

Quezy

Congrats on the zoroark, Gem! I'm trying to get one of them too. I've got like 130-ish eggs hatched for that.

Last edited:

Umbreonftw

<-- Hula
Just hit 135 eggs for shiny Tynamo... if anyone wants a modest non-shiny UT Tynamo PM me! Also SRing for Tepig at the same time, no luck there. Congrats to everyone who has recently gotten a shiny!

Last edited:

Tylerrules

Cloyster Trainer
No inspiration.... any shinys I should RE?

Suddenly-

Up to 390 dud Timburrs, I'm going to fill up 5 boxes and then hatch them all. I'm waiting for it to hatch female, alert to sounds, timid, and have sheer force.

Good luck to everyone else.

Tylerrules

Cloyster Trainer
I pick Karrablast, because I wanted Vanillite and got Karrablast instead. Also, pink shinies ftw~

Unless there are some colors you like better?

Karrablast it is..... off I go!

(pink shinys are legit)

Tylerrules

Cloyster Trainer

Sasukat

Back from the dead
Am still chaining away, although my short attention span makes it harder, am up to 70 Snivy eggs

I know this is a noob question but I am tryying to get a mm munna so I have a japanese musharana and a english that will still work right

I....I've never been in this situation before 0_0..I have been hunting for shiny rufflet and so far have reached the 600 mark with no shiny sighting yet. So now I just finished my homework and decided to do an hour or two of my RE hunt, and as I am watching my netflix on my laptop I look down and its a shiny throh!!! I managed to catch it, even though it killed my false swiper (which was only 9 levels higher than it). I don't know what its nature is, since I'm afraid that if I leave the area to check it in the PC it will affect the the RE I have done so far with rufflet (would it?). And did the shiny throh affect my chances for the shiny rufflet appearing? Either way I'm still very happy since its my second ever RE (semi intentional, I was going for rufflet XD) and I'm going to continue RE until I get shiny rufflet!! I won't be able to post pictures since my mom is borrowing my camera for a while, unless someone can tell me how to get pics from my cell phone to my laptop XD (yeah I know, I'm not very techy).

Last edited:

JoshR

Almost Useless
I just got my first shiny ever! Its a Claydol I found in relic castle while helping my friend get Volcarona in his Black. He let me keep it since I found it and caught it. Too bad it wasn't Mareep... :/

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
Hatched two and a half boxes, and am now watching someone's walkthrough of the old SNES Super Mario World. Good times.

\Mightyena/

I have a trick for REing. Give your first pokemon the Lucky Egg, and NEVER, EVER run from a battle. Faint everything you fight, and soon enough I think it helps. This is how I found both shinies in 3 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.