• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wardek

U & I
Count normally, that's how. Or just count how many hatched egg in your box.

professoroak

Professional Slacker
Hit 2000 Solosis eggs, putting it on hold to try for a Psycho Cut Pawniard. Congrats and GL all.

Shiny psycho cut Pawniard? That's what I've been after for a while. MMing is boring hahaha I actually haven't been playing as much lately, just reading about everyone else's accomplishments!

Keruso

Here, Birdy birdy!!
after 14,717 encounters, i get this:

2011-05-18224805.jpg

2011-05-18225304.jpg
11-05-18225304.jpg[/IMG]
2011-05-18225333.jpg

Pidove wont sine for me......im REEEEAAAAALLLLLYYYY starting to get annoyed here, lol.

dukedudez

...Loves God
Should I keep hatching for another shiny dratini? The one I got yesterday doesn't have the nature or ability I was breeding it for. However, I do have other dratinis with the nature and ability I want, but they aren't shiny. But, I really want to use a shiny dragonite in battles. Should I keep going for one or stop now?

Just use the shiny and train it to it's potential. Dragonite is a good pokemon that can work well with all of its stats. Some more than others but it will by no means be useless.

If you're really determined then go for another and if not still train a non shiny as it could be useful. If you have the time. Could make for a cool douvle battle with your non shiny and shiny Dragonites.

Also you are very lucky to get your first shiny Dratini in 326 eggs. Mines took considerably longer, so it could be just as quick or just as long as mines.

homestarhydon

Battle Fanatic
I got the Victory Pass event when the game first came out, and I am currently Soft-resetting for a shiny victini to use in my in-game team. I'm only at 350 SRs, but I'm already pumped! ^-^

Keruso

Here, Birdy birdy!!
jolly AND good stats?

im guessing thats a good thing, coming from an RNGer?

Edit: Homestarhydon, your wasting your time, that Victini cant be shiny. its programmed to not be shiny

Atome

Snowy Poochyena
I got the Victory Pass event when the game first came out, and I am currently Soft-resetting for a shiny victini to use in my in-game team. I'm only at 350 SRs, but I'm already pumped! ^-^

Sorry to burst your bubble but I thought Victini can't be shiny?

dukedudez

...Loves God
Nevermind, I was looking at his sig and thought it was what he was talking about. My bad guys

PinkPalkia

Artiste Forme.
Virizion's still being a jerk. Also, I keep getting instances when Virizion is fully bright before going dark and fading back into brightness, and I noticed this ONLY happened on my 3DS. x_x Scares me every time!

For some reason, I haven't been into drawing shinies. Must be the abundant requests from another forum I go to.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I just finished doing some more random encounters for Shiny Frillish. I did about 70, but I'm still working on those. I have a feeling that I won't find that Shiny Frillish until Summer starts, but I'll keep trying for now. I also hatched another 40 eggs for Shiny Deino. Nothing appeared, but I'm going to keep my head up and hatch some more eggs. A friend of mine just got a Shiny Deino from Victory Road while he was doing random encounters, so I'm sort of jealous about that haha. I wanna hatch my own Shiny Deino, so I'll hatch eggs until I find one (hopefully that happens soon).

Hedgehog325

Time to hatch 600 stocked Tynamo eggs. I think it's been about a month now. So... hurry up and shine! This better be worth it.

wewt got a shiny rotom whilst breeding for a good wifi mon. too bad the everstone didn't work...

Status
Not open for further replies.