• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tylerrules

Cloyster Trainer
Does anyone know what the hunt is this weekend if there is one?

Tylerrules

Cloyster Trainer

Tylerrules

Cloyster Trainer
Still REing for my Bagon in Emerald! Approaching 10,000 REs

Tylerrules

Cloyster Trainer

Moss

omgomgomg

Roughly 400 soft resets later, i have a shiny cobalion!!! :638:

My hands are still shaking, I did not expect that at all /snoopydance

Qwerty8181

Wanderer of Regions
phew... haven't been on here for a while... almost 1100 sableye eggs

On an unrelated note, the sableye I've been using got up to lv 100 in the day care...
That certainly shows how long this hunt is taking

Tylerrules

Cloyster Trainer
Oh, that makes sense. I hope you get that Bagon soon!

Me too..... I wish I could do speed hacks on B/W but they aren't working on my AR!!!

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
First 100 Pawniard eggs done, still hatching. Egg drought seems to be happening more often lately regardless of what I have in the daycare with the Ditto. Hmm....Maybe I'm just noticing it more lately.

Corroded Arceus

Shiny Hunter
I have a question for people who don't use the Soft Reset method of Mausda Method in Black and White:

Why do you prefer your other methods? Isn't the Soft Reset Method the easiest? I couldn't stand having boxes filled with eggs/junk pokemon.

I'm not hatin', I mean, you guys can do whatever you like, I'm just curious.

Flydreigon

OM NOM NOM...
Just hatched 100 elgyem eggs... no luck so far. Still have 140 left so I hope I get a shiny before I run out of eggs... it takes forever to get 8 boxes of eggs... especially when I get random egg droughts. I honestly think the old man just keeps random eggs for himself so he can get a shiny and he just tells you they haven't made an egg. Just my theory.

Tshiv

Crank it up to 11!!
Well I got my Dragonite to level 84 today I think. :D I wasn't able to do even 5 SR's today due to a stupid academic awards ceremony at school. However, I'm planning on putting the Johto starter hunt off until after this weekend, as I'm taking part in the community hunt at Route 9. Seriously hoping to get a shiny Pawniard this weekend. I have terrible luck with 1/8192 shinies, still have yet to get one, after the over 600 hours put into it over all the years of playing the games. -_-

Anyway, good luck to everybody hunting shinies right now! :)

ColorsofTheRainbow

Live. Love. Ho-Oh.
Oh I'm definently joining in the hunt on Route 9 this weekend. Hatched almost 60 eggs for Shiny Patrat today and still no shiny. I'll probably take a break from hatching eggs to do the community hunt.

KingofGames26

←Latest B/W Shiny!
I just hatched my second shiny Tepig!
The first one took 671 eggs. This one took 931 eggs. I could have gotten it last night if I hatched one more egg before going to sleep. Everstone worked, It's jolly nature. It has the 4 egg moves I gave it with smeargle. It's potential is relatively superior. It has 31 IVs in Attack, Defense and Sp. Def. My japanese ditto has flawless IVs.

It took awhile trying to set everything up to MM but it finally paid off! :D

zozo

SLIMED!
I have a question for people who don't use the Soft Reset method of Mausda Method in Black and White:

Why do you prefer your other methods? Isn't the Soft Reset Method the easiest? I couldn't stand having boxes filled with eggs/junk pokemon.

I'm not hatin', I mean, you guys can do whatever you like, I'm just curious.

I hate SRing. I don't know why, but I just do. Same with REing and RNGing. They just aren't very appealing to me.

On the other hand, I find collecting, hatching, and storing my non-shinies until they can be released to be rather relaxing. Besides, I think it's fun trying to find just the right parents before I start off on a breeding spree

Hence, I MM and don't bother about resetting. :)

And I'm not trashing the other methods, by any means. I know lots of other people have great success with them, but they're just not for me.

PoryGone222

Why do people keep so many pokemon? I hatch 5, and release them before taking 5 more to hatch.

Unless of course the duds have any trade value.

Aggrotek

Shine for me!
Went through another 70+ eggs today. This pokemon doesn't wanna shine. Out of curiosity what was your guy's first shiny pokemon ever? (Lake of Rage Gyarados excluded)

Mine was a shiny Zubat, became a Crobat, but I lost the game he was on.

Status
Not open for further replies.