1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation V Discussion' started by bobandbill, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowedXHunted

ShadowedXHunted Banned Trainer

Hi all! I am new to this thread, but I like the activity going on here. Shiny Club was kind of inactive.. Anyways I am working on a Shiny Char using MM... I am currently at 600 eggs I believe.. I got to recount after I fill these boxes. I kind of feel hope slipping away -_-

2. darthmalice777

darthmalice777 Dark & Ghost FTW

Got to 150 Pawniard eggs yesterday, time to resume the hatching for today. If I didn't want Psycho Cut, I'd be doing the community hunt for one there. Good luck to all who are participating, hope you get the shiny you're looking for.

@Shadowed-I usually listen to music or watch TV/movie while I do it. It almost becomes muscle memory when to turn your bike around after a few trips (wherever you decide to hatch your eggs).

Last edited: May 20, 2011
  3. ShadowedXHunted

What does everyone do while MM'ing?

4. Aegon

Aegon Well-Known Member

I watch TV or go on the internet. It can get tedious, but that's MMing for you. This series of videos was suggested a while back.

5. t00lb0x31

t00lb0x31 < AzurePride (White)

Even though I'm technically not part of the group, I still did the hunt on Route 9 anyway. After some random encounters last night and this morning, I ran into a shiny Pawniard. I have yet to check its stats but all I know is that its male and I named him AzurePride. Will edit this post with more details soon.
    Good luck hunting!

Edit: Pawniard has Inner Focus and is Gentle natured. Kinda meh but I think I'll still train it.

6. ShadowedXHunted

HILARIOUS I can't believe it is real !! It is, right?

7. Aegon

Aegon Well-Known Member

It's a hacked version of Crystal with terrible translations, so no, it's not a real Vietnamese version of Crystal (if there's such a thing).

I might take part in the community hunt this weekend, although I'm not certain yet.

EDIT: I'm going to take part. :)

8. Wardek

Wardek U & I

The Vietnamese Crystal is awesome, made me laugh so hard. Will watch it while hunting for shinies.

9. Aegon

Aegon Well-Known Member

I bring success! I obtained a shiny from the community hunt after only about 85/90 REs! It's a Garbodor, but shiny nonetheless! It's Lax, which is pretty bad. My first Unova shiny! :p
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Hedgehog325

Hedgehog325 Active Member

I play more pokemon. It's nice to have 2 ds.

11. KimmyC

KimmyC Well-Known Member

Grats on the Shiny Garbodor. Trubbish and Garbudor never really appealed to me. Its why i avoid catching one for a long time.

12. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I just did some more random encounters for Shiny Frillish and...nothing Shiny appeared. Story of my life. I actually managed to train some more Pokemon while I searched the water, so time wasn't totally wasted. I left Driftveil City eventually and I started to hatch more Deino eggs in my search for a Shiny Deino, but I only managed to hatch the 20 that I had stored yesterday night. I went ahead and picked some more eggs from the Day Care Center. I'm going to store them and then hatch them later on when I play the game again. Goodluck on the other hunts.

13. ShadowedXHunted

Grats on the Trubbish I love that thing.
    Can someone explain what the community hunt is exactly?

14. Aegon

Aegon Well-Known Member

Basically, people hunt for shinies in the same area. This weekend, it's Route 9. It just makes for a more enjoyable experience. Here's the group.

15. Stylinson

Stylinson Well-Known Member

Hey, I just joined the group. Im planning to start the Route 9 hunt after my brothers graduation ceremony tonight.
    So far I havnt seen any Unova shinys yet, hoping for a Duosion, Pawniard, or Garbodor from Rt 9.

16. Vendidurt

Vendidurt « Breeder »

Im up to 180 eggs for shiny Foongus, which makes this the longest endeavor i attempted. I got my litwick while breeding for mine and it wound up rash natured, with 3 top IV's! but i didnt really grind for it. it took about 60-75 eggs to get that one.

anyone want my japanese foongus when im done? its level 47 right now, but UT and has 2 top IVs.

17. Aegon

Aegon Well-Known Member

Good luck! I'm on about 310 REs, and have managed to get a Garbodor. I'd really like a Duosion or Pawniard, too.

18. Aggrotek

Aggrotek Shine for me!

I tried joining the Community Hunt group a few days ago, haven't been accepted. I'm still hunting on Route 9 right now. Hoping for a shiny Duosion or Minccino.

19. ~Light

~Light Well-Known Member

Traded a SHINY 100% LEGIT MEW :D :D

20. darthmalice777

darthmalice777 Dark & Ghost FTW

Nice! Congrats, one my fav shinies all time. Up to 200 Pawniard eggs, still hatching. GL all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.