• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aclover

VICTORiOUS
Caught this amazing one while training on route 10!
Spr_5b_629_s.png

so happy with her.
called her Shine!

Littlemyuu

Well, not me but my BF found his first B/W shiny just 10 minutes ago.
its a cute Woobat =D
I still try for Hatching Zorua, im at around 90 non-shiny Zorua's now..
but i wont give up =3

also Pic of the Woobat Happywings ( I named it for him =P )
The Little Woobat

Venomrec

Nothing yet, but its all ways exciting to run in to a special pokemon. So here's to hoping.

Tyranitar trainer

Back for a bit
Last night I was going through Chargestone Cave at around 00:30, just about to turn off when I ran into this
http://i53.*******.com/esktjk.jpg
I used Bite with my Krokorok which got it down to 1hp, my heart was racing at this moment. I threw a Dusk Ball at it and caught it on the first attempt. I named it Violet and left it in the PC where it will rot :p

Juunanagou

What is this that I heard about the Legendary pokemons in this game being unable to softreset for them being shiny?

Could someone explain this for me or give link to where its explained.

Cause I really wouldve liked Reshiram and Victini to be shiny. :(

What is this that I heard about the Legendary pokemons in this game being unable to softreset for them being shiny?

Could someone explain this for me or give link to where its explained.

Cause I really wouldve liked Reshiram and Victini to be shiny. :(

Reshiram/Zekrom in N's Castle and Victini can't be shiny; any other legendary can. If you fill up ALL of your boxes and go to N's castle, you won't be able to catch Resh/Zek and they'll respawn in Dragonspiral Tower; maybe, just maybe, they may be shiny there, but it's not known yet; at least it's known it won't work if you change your Trainer ID/SID to try to get them shiny and such...

Long story short: Do not even bother with Resh, Zek and Vic.

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
Only a day after I got the games, I got myself a shiny Tepig in Pokemon White! Still can't believe that I have it, he has a Lonely nature. No idea about my SR count, as I don't keep track.

More pics:
Lonely nature
Sparkles

No idea what I'll be hunting next in White, but I might SR for a second shiny Tepig in Pokemon Black. Really like Emboar and all, but I'm not sure if I wanna evolve this cutie or not.

Icing Sugar

Reshiram/Zekrom in N's Castle and Victini can't be shiny; any other legendary can. If you fill up ALL of your boxes and go to N's castle, you won't be able to catch Resh/Zek and they'll respawn in Dragonspiral Tower; maybe, just maybe, they may be shiny there, but it's not known yet; at least it's known it won't work if you change your Trainer ID/SID to try to get them shiny and such...

Long story short: Do not even bother with Resh, Zek and Vic.
IIRC, someone from smogon said in this thread that they aren't shiny in the spiral tower either.

IIRC, someone from smogon said in this thread that they aren't shiny in the spiral tower either.

Yeah, but Kaphotics changed his ID/SID to make the next frame shiny, so maybe it could have been an anti-hack measure coded in by Game Freak. We'd need to try to RNG for a shiny one to check if there really is a shiny check there, but it's not possible now because Game Freak actually did a good job with the PID RNG.

(hey Kaphotics if you read this, feel free to say I eat dirt and correct me)

UStrainer40137

<---MINE!!!!
Well, now I'm glad I picked Kyurem as my shiny target.

To Kyurem: Shine, damn you SHINE!

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Whoop! While I was searching for large amounts of synchronise Elgyem, I found a shiny one! It's not the most striking shiny, and perhaps a shiny Litwick would be much cooler, it's still a new shiny and I'm happy.

I don't know it's nature yet, I want to catch some more synchronisers before I return.

I called it Pluto, but I've just thought of a better name that fits with the discworld naming scheme I've got going on (ElPeeyem), based around the fact that Elgyem sounds like Little Green Man, that mine is purple and the way Dis-organisers state the time. Should I change it...

Edit:
Nature is Adamant. I was looking for an adamant synchroniser in the first place, but I would have prefered a defensive telepath.

Last edited:

Icing Sugar

Jinxed

mmm shiny

Well i just happened on my second ever random encounter shiny (unless i'm forgetting one from the original Silver version)

1st was a blue pinser in the safari zone that ran away and gave me a big ol sad face.

today i happened to pick up a shiny Liepard :D sadly the nature is probably the worst i could pick up... Sassy happy with it none the less even if it's going to probably just sit in my box as a trophy or become the proud owner if someone is dying for one via trade.

GL all!

~Platinum~

<- Caught it!
Caught a shiny Tympole at the entrance to Pinwheel Forest. :D

It's my first pre-Hall of Fame shiny. Not sure whether or not I'm going to evolve it since I'm not to fond of it's evolved forms.

zack1392

Pokemon Trainer
So, I was training for the 5th gym on route six. I looked down and Bam! Random encounter shiny foongus! I dont know if Im going to use it or not since I already have a poison and grass type. Her stats are good except for speed. I guess I will see how it goes.

Rinne

anata wo toosenbo
My lid has just been flipped. I was thinking to myself, "I wonder if I'm gonna catch a shiny today," and guess what the next thing I encounter is. Pink Darumaka, Careful nature, level 15. First wild encounter shiny I've had in any Pokemon game. This totally screws with my planned team now, because I want to use him so badly, but I don't wanna switch Chandelure. Pics will come later~

Coca Cola

Well, after about 70 or so soft resetting it finally appeared. Not the best nature was hoping for Modest, but meh, you take what you can get.

[spoil]
img20110307232602.jpg

[/spoil]

Status
Not open for further replies.