• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

toasterkid

Breeder
When MMing for a shiny, it doesn't neccesarily have to be a foreign ditto, right? It can be any foreign Pokemon I think.

zozo

SLIMED!
*raises hand* that would be me. Its actually 4 Patrats that I got, one from Route 1 and three from Route 3. I'm sick of.seeing that rat, but I am thinking of.going back if Pidove doesn't shine inside Pinwheel before Venipede does. I really don't want a fifth, but, hey, what happens, happens

If you get a fifth, you absolutely HAVE to go for a sixth. To have a whole team of shiny patrats that you never wanted in the first place would be about the most awesome failure I've ever seen. XD

But seriously though, best of luck finding your pidove! :)

When MMing for a shiny, it doesn't neccesarily have to be a foreign ditto, right? It can be any foreign Pokemon I think.

Correct. Personally, I have two foreign dittos, but I prefer to use other foreign pokemon for the right egg moves. Foreign ditto are just convenient since they can breed with any breedable pokemon, including single-gender or non-gender pokemon, like the hitmons, vullaby, and beldum.

VolcaronaZero

Claydol User

Yeah, just one Pokemon has to be foreign.

I'm hoping for some MM results, I got a Korean Squirtle in there with my American Ditto, hoping for a shiny.

So far, the nature has been passed down many times, so if anyone wants some UT Calm Squirtles PM me.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Hey haven't posted in awhile...I been shiny hunting for shiny feebas for a long while now and still hunting. I have like filled like alomost 27 boxes full of non shiny feebass and hatched like 830 eggs already. I hope to see this shiny feebas shine soon before I start the weekend shiny hunt. Also, whoever asked about the foriegn pokemon thing, I can be any foriegn pokemon that breeds with another foriegn pokemon. There is no specific type just has to be from two diffrent versions like for example: japanese, and english or japanese and french...hope that helps good luck. I just wish everyone luck on the shiny hunts and hope to here shiny accomplishments.

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'

470.gif

#133. Willow (Eevee) ()
OT: Drew | ID No.: 64647 | Gender: F
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Anticipation / Chlorophyll | Type: Grass
Hatch Location: Route 3 Hidden Power: n/a
IV: 31/31/31/8/31/31
Egg Moves:
Yawn
Notes:

136.gif

#133. Kawaii (Eevee) ()
OT: Drew | ID No.: 64647 | Gender: F
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Anticipation / Guts | Type: Fire
Hatch Location: Route 3 Hidden Power: n/a
IV: 31/31/31/8/31/31
Egg Moves: Yawn
Notes:

134.gif

#133. Bubble Jet (Eevee) ()
OT: Drew | ID No.: 64647 | Gender: M
Nature: Bold | Ability: Anticipation / Hydration | Type: Water
Hatch Location: Dreamyard Hidden Power: n/a
IV: 31/22/31/31/31/31
Egg Moves: Wish | Curse
Notes: Drizzle Wall, Wish Passer

134.gif

#133. Bubble Jet (Eevee) ()
Nature: Modest | Ability: Anticipation / Hydration | Type: Water
Hatch Location: Dreamyard Hidden Power: Grass 70
IV: 30/31/31/30/31/31
Notes: Drizzle Sweeper

134.gif

#133. Hydro (Eevee) ()
Nature: Bold | Ability: Adaptability / Water Absorb | Type: Water
Hatch Location: Dreamyard Hidden Power: n/a
IV: 31/9/31/31/31/31
Notes: Standard Wish Passer, Wall, Annoyer

197.gif

#133. Senka (Eevee) ()
Nature: Careful | Ability: Run Away / Synchronize | Type: Dark
Hatch Location: Dreamyard Hidden Power: Electric 70
IV: 31/31/31/22/31/31
Notes: Cursebreon, meh.

135.gif

#133. Bolt (Eevee) ()
Nature: Timid | Ability: Anticipation / Quick Feet | Type: Electric
Hatch Location: Dreamyard Hidden Power: Ice 70
IV: 31/23/31/31/31/30
Egg Moves: Wish
Notes: Lol.. idk

135.gif

#133. Zour (Eevee) ()
Nature: Timid | Ability: Run Away / Volt Absorb | Type: Electric
Hatch Location: Dreamyard Hidden Power: Ice 70
IV: 31/7/31/31/31/30
Egg Moves: Wish
Notes: Word.

Haunter ゴースト

Well well well haven't posted on here since back in April!

Finally finished all my f*****g exams :p

Havent done a hunt in ages, stopped halfway through dragonspiral tower in search of a druddigon.

Imma get started again soon...

thejt

Everyday Im Shufflin
Is it possible to chain in White/Black? So far all I've been doing is the Matsuda method...which isn't working out well.

Mew_is_awesome

shiny hunter
Is it possible to chain in White/Black? So far all I've been doing is the Matsuda method...which isn't working out well.
No you can't chain in B/W, you can masuda method, soft reset, and RNG and random encounter of course

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yay, Shiny Frillish finally appeared this morning! I was just working on some more random encounters in the water off Driftveil City, when a different colored Frillish appeared. I was shocked since I had seen both of the usual colored Frillish, but I knew this was the Shiny one I was looking for, so I captured it. It appeared just as I was about to reach 5800 totaly random encounters, so I'm glad it appeared. Now I can focus on my Shiny Axew hunt, which isn't really advancing as I had planned. I've hatched 110 eggs so far, so I've got a long way to go. Goodluck to everyone else.

Icing Sugar

Would you guys rather SR for a shiny or do the masuda method instead? Just wondering
MM, since you have a 6/8192 chance instead of 1/8192 if you SR.

Keruso

Here, Birdy birdy!!
Holy heck!!!!! I just came home for my lunch hour and began encountering, and within 8!!!!!! Encounters, I found a shiny Petilil!!! Speechless, I am!!!!!!! Made my day a whole lot better

blonde_1

To do RNGs: 0
Yay, Shiny Frillish finally appeared this morning! I was just working on some more random encounters in the water off Driftveil City, when a different colored Frillish appeared. I was shocked since I had seen both of the usual colored Frillish, but I knew this was the Shiny one I was looking for, so I captured it. It appeared just as I was about to reach 5800 totaly random encounters, so I'm glad it appeared. Now I can focus on my Shiny Axew hunt, which isn't really advancing as I had planned. I've hatched 110 eggs so far, so I've got a long way to go. Goodluck to everyone else.

Congrats! So glad that you finally got your frillish! I know you have been working on it for a long time!

Is it the boy or girl?

Tsutaja1996

Okay, so It's finally the weekend! :) 2 Whole days to RE for my Pinwheel shiny. Currently on 1700REs, hoping to get to 2000REs before I call it a day. Target is at least 3000REs by Sunday night. :)

Good luck to everyone else with their hunts! :)

Drummerdude

Congrats Keruso and The 4th Kira!!!

I'm going to collect some more Snivy eggs later today and hopefully get that shiny. I want to finish this one quick because there is another target I really want to get.

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
Fml. I traded away a shiny Cinccino to Ander (in game character) for the serious Munchlax. Hoping it'd be shiny in return.

Ah well, I merely cloned it for the purpose of the trade, but still, darn him for cheating me.

The Flash9

Grass Type Master
My brother just finished his first MM shiny hunt. He is the very proud owner of a Shiny Adamant Axew. Axew shined at the 1456th egg. Whoo!

creature

the worst thing happened to me earlyer !! i've spent 2 weeks MM'ing for a shiny mawile , so i took 5 eggs and my frossless that i'm training to the challengers cave, i fought a few people ran around a bit and saw a mawile , i was kinda shocked i didnt realise you caould even get them in white !!
i got beat down fairly hard by a trainer so i was running back to the exit and bumped into a LV 49 mawile ...... i was both angry and stoked at the same time !!! i couldnt believe it, i caught it but it was kind of a downer !! i still want one thats LV 1 all the same :)

hekalopter

Last night, after the 180 egg (~1040 total)... Tyrogue shines!
I would post pictures, but I’m not super excited about it because - following in the footsteps of my shiny Jolly Slowpoke, shiny Tyrogue has a Modest nature. Seriously, c’mon - Modest? Honestly, Timid or Quiet would have been better than Modest. Well so it goes, I’m still happy I got it - and quite glad to be done with mono/no-gender pokes which can only breed with ditto and produce eggs at what seems like an obscenely low rate.

In case anyone cares, Tyrogue stats: 12 / 31 / 9 / 11 / 16 / 20.
Moves: Hi Jump Kick / Bullet Punch / Mach Punch / Fake Out.
Ability: Guts
I plan to evolve it into a Hitmontop, as that’s probably the most Defensive based Hitmon, and a decent Rapid Spinner.

Next Fighting type on the list: only Breloom & Medicham left.

Last edited:

Calamity Lynn

Lady Breeds-a-Lot
Okay, it's official. My favorite technique of shiny hunting is to quickly stockpile 300 eggs then hatch them later.

Egg 134 of 300 contained my shiny Charmander. Total of 264 Charmanders til it shined. However I have also been stockpiling Dratinis, so add in the 300 of those I did its more like 564. Either way, stupidly fast hunt! Two times in a row now! (Riolu was only ~700 total of various eggs, 266 of just Riolu)

IMG_0491.jpg

Now to hatch out the remaining 200 eggs. @_@ Excuse me while I do a grampa jig at the end of a quick hunt. (Karma says Dratini will take me 4k eggs o.o;;;; )

Status
Not open for further replies.