• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDude

Poké-Shop Owner
Hunting for a shiny Litwick at the 2nd floor of the Celestial Tower
Not counting RE, just hours (so far, hour and a half)
More updates soon!

Cain

RAWR
Hit 25,000 RE's in Dragonspiral Tower today and decided to give up. Clearly nothing there wants to shine for me, so time to move on (at least for now). I'll go back sometime, I refuse to give up on a hunt that I spent so much time on. Anyway, I've decided to start MMing for a Shiny Larvitar instead. Spent a good hour and a half breeding a Larvitar with Pursuit, and then finding a female Japanese Larvitar on the GTS. So now that everything's all set up, time to start collecting and hatching some eggs! If only they didn't take so damn long to hatch, but oh well. Good luck to everybody else.

EDIT: Just hatched my first 30 eggs, and in this batch there were three Adamant Larvitars, and SEVEN Larvitars with 31 Attack IV's, including an Adamant female with 31 in both Attack and Special Defence. Lolwut? Not really sure how I got so lucky as I wasn't using any of the power items or an Everstone yet, but hey, I'll take a little luck after the epic fail in Dragonspiral Tower.

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Barring family leaves today, i might go for a few Unova Shines today.
Palpitoad, and the fossils are some of my targets.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've been working hard on my Shiny Axew Masuda Method hunt over the past couple of days. I hatched around 50 more Axew eggs yesterday, and I just finished hatching another 20 this morning. I still don't have that Shiny Axew, but I'm confident that I'll hatch it eventually. Right now, I'm planning on getting some more Shiny trades done. I found someone who has a few Shinies that I'm missing, so I've been able to make a deal with him. I also plan on evolving a Shiny Marill today, so I'll also work on that.

sorry to break the rules about double post in the same page but....
YES YES YES!!! i keep spreading my happiness through the shiny forums, minutes ago shiny Axew hatches and makes my life shine brighter with all her shininess, i can't belive it yet, i feel like in a dream, i keep checking her to make sure is real
oh yes she is perfect...

well good luck everyone with all your hunts, specially the 4th kira and pokemon1996 since they both are going after black Haxorus too

edit:...and yeah it took me 1737 eggs to get her, oh so happy!!!
i've finished ev training and leveling up to 100, her ivs are 30 Hp/31 Att/8 Def/7 Sp Att/25 Sp Def/31 Spd

Last edited:

swampertforever

Big ball o' Whims~
After my luck getting shiny Scraggy early, Porygon is dragging along horribly :(
Postponing his hunt for now (240 eggs) as my mate wants a Chansey with Aromatherapy, and I'm doing it for him.

However, this seems like an awesome time to MM a shiny Chansey, and for that, I have one question: Would an English pokemon that isn't my own still work with the Masuda method? As I have a Japanese Roselia and his Chansey from an English Soul Silver, and want to see if my shiny luck returns while doing a good deed for another.

Loputousu

I'm breeding a Japanese Noctowl with an English Noctowl (who is her son). I saved in front of the delivery man and I hatch 5 eggs and soft reset.

Am I doing it right?

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I'm breeding a Japanese Noctowl with an English Noctowl (who is her son). I saved in front of the delivery man and I hatch 5 eggs and soft reset.

Am I doing it right?

Pokemon incest o_O But yes you are doing it right lol.

Anyway, an update for me. I just finished hatching my first 360 Eevee eggs. Still no shiny, so time to box another 360 and keep hatching.

Shinepoke

uhhmmm YES!
Okay,I lost WIFI and I don't have any more foreign Pokemon,anyone has any other methods to get shinies in Pokemon Black ?

You Can RNG...Like Me.

Anyway I got a new shiny. This Tanned Monster looks ugly, but it can pack a punch. He's in Sig...For Now.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Would it be faster to fill my boxes and hatch them on Skyarrow Bridge, or just hatch 5 eggs and soft reset?
I think egg will hatch fast on Sky Arrow Bridge, I got few eggs today.. It's contain, One Shiny Vanillite..

EDIT: Just hitting 1000+ SRing for a Terakkion and still not get that, I decided to give up on Terakkion now I move to Shiny Golett with Masuda Method!

Last edited:

Sporks

Herp Derp
I finally got Wifi back and picked up a foreign Eevee on the GTS. I've MM'd over 45 eggs so far with no luck, but it's still early.

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
*copy and pasted from the Shiny Hunters Club*

I've finally proven that my White Version is no longer cursed. I finally got another shiny on it! Guess who decided to shine while I was watching Cowboy Bebop? No one other than a shiny Karrablast!

HNI_0060.jpg

She hatched on the 3956th egg. The everstone worked, and she is Adamant natured. She has "Likes to trash about" so her highest IV is in Attack :3. And I bred her with Megahorn. Of course I proceeded to evolve it into Escavalier. Now I have the perfect partner for my shiny Accelgor :D.

HNI_0062.jpg

HNI_0063.jpg

HNI_0065.jpg

HNI_0067.jpg

HNI_0068.jpg

Firefury12

Most Epic Trainer
i have only 3 shinys a gyarados (like everyone else who has played ss/hg)
a shiny golbat i caught at random in ss
and a shiny snivy after only 53 eggs :)

Gelatino95

Not a tool
My only legit shiny besides red Gyarados is Roselia, and it was from a random encounter. Luckily, Roselia rules. But I've got none at all in White. I have really bad luck when it comes to shinies. But one time, my brother found a shiny female Frillish. It looked like a tomato. Unfortunately, he traded it away, that fool.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
Pardon the ignorance, but I have two questions for anyone who'd like to help.

1. When doing MM, if I generate an egg, but don't take it from the dude and save in front of him, will it be different every time? Basically, is shininess determined when the egg is generated or taken?

2. I just want to verify that I'm doing MM correctly. I have a male Yanma with an Everstone in with a Japanese Ditto, not holding anything. I take the egg, hatch it, and if it isn't shiny, I don't keep it or release it or anything like that, I just SR. Am I missing anything?

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
1. Yes, the PID (nature/shiny/gender/IVs) are not generated until you receive the egg, so it will be different every time.

2. You're doing it correctly, just have to be patient or lucky. Although, you can grab 5 at a time and then SR if you choose to, or store eggs in the PC and hatch them later, its all up to preference.

Last edited:

fuyu-seetaa

Birthday: 8/14/1997!
I go for the more slightly changed shinies, like Simipour's, instead of the more bizarre changed ones, like Emboar's. That way it looks kinda "natural", per se. More discreet, is that the word?
516.png
516.png

See, I love it because there's a difference, but it isn't too dramatic! One's just slightly darker than the other, and that's why I love it, and the same way with their pre-evolutions (being lighter)!

So, uh, yeah. There's my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.