• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
when i MM using 2 shiny pokes will the odds of a shiny increase even more?

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
I'm back! :)

I started up my shiny Snivy hunt earlier from where I left off when I was taking a break to start and finish my White version. I left off at 1,880 eggs, and I have brought that up to 1,895 eggs total. Happy hatching and good luck, everyone!

Edit: ^ @ poopoop - no, having 2 hint pokemon will not increase your odds of hatching a shiny. It could though if one of the shinies is of a foreign language and the other is in English, for example. This applies to pokemon, shiny or not. shiny pokemon don't increase the odds of hatching a shiny any better than a regular pokemon.

Last edited:

hekalopter

She hatched on the 3956th egg

Congrats! Wow, almost 4000 eggs. Geez that must have taken forever, I'm around 1800 for Larvitar and it is looking to be my longest MM hunt so far :/

Kitara

Obsessive Collector
Hi, everyone. I've been browsing through this thread for a while and decided to join in. Currently hunting Zorua through Masuda Method. Portuguese Ditto with mostly 20 and above IVs - this guy's gonna be my MM ditto. Zorua father has Extrasensory egg move, and 31 in HP, Attack, Defense, and Sp. Attack, so I'm hoping for a good battler as well as shiny.

At one point I thought I'd hold out for two, one to keep as Zorua, King of Cute, and one to evolve into Zoroark. We'll see how that goal holds up when I finally have one Zorua.

Congratulations to everyone who's found their shiny, and good luck to everyone still hunting.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I hatched another 50 Axew eggs yesterday, and I just finished hatching another 25 eggs. I'm doing pretty well on this hunt, if I do say so myself. I've hatched a little over 500 Axew eggs already, so I'm progressing at a steady rate. I hope to hatch the Shiny Axew before the end of the month, but some of my previous hunts have lasted much longer, so I gotta be more dedicated to this hunt. I'm going to trade for some more Shinies tonight, so there's that to look forward to. Goodluck to everyone else on their hunts.

JohnNiles

After juggling 4 different kinds of eggs and taking a long, long break from hatching, I finally hatched a shiny Carvanha. I don't recall exactly how many eggs it took- between a dozen boxes and perhaps twenty. The Everstone worked (Naughty)

...but it doesn't have Speed Boost. *sob*

Back to the drawing board.

shinypokemon

shiny searcher
I have a big question about the Masuda Method. I bought mi game in the USA, so it is in English, but I am from Mexico, and I registered Mexico as my country. Would an american pokemon be usefull for the Masuda Method, as I am from Mexico, or should I seek a non-english parlant country?

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I have a big question about the Masuda Method. I bought mi game in the USA, so it is in English, but I am from Mexico, and I registered Mexico as my country. Would an american pokemon be usefull for the Masuda Method, as I am from Mexico, or should I seek a non-english parlant country?

If the game is in English, you need a non-English Pokemon for it, whether or not your country is Mexico.

ChaosBlizzard

Crit Happens.
Well, thanks to darthmalice777's useful advice, I'm 161 eggs into my first MM shiny hunt. I'm trying to get a shiny Yanma for my planned competitive team. It's slow going, but I'm going 4 eggs at a time, and I have a Flame Body Pokemon, so there isn't much else I can do to speed things up. I will get one eventually, and I won't give up. I just hope the Everstone takes and I get a Modest Speed Boost one with at least decent IVs...

needsalimegreenespeon

Shine, Eevee, shine!
Can I cry yet???? 1,274 eggs... AND I FINALLY HATCHED A BLUE ZORUA!!!! *sniffle* It's blue... and it's a girl... Just what I wanted! Wahh!!!!!! I loves you, Zorua! Sorry... Sorry... This is my first ever shiny with my ID number on it. Mine! :DDDDD

Mega Steelix

Mega Evolved
Can I cry yet???? 1,274 eggs... AND I FINALLY HATCHED A BLUE ZORUA!!!! *sniffle* It's blue... and it's a girl... Just what I wanted! Wahh!!!!!! I loves you, Zorua! Sorry... Sorry... This is my first ever shiny with my ID number on it. Mine! :DDDDD
Congrats! Its a pretty great feeling.

I have decided not to actively search for shinies for a while. If I do find another one, I want it to be completely random and unexpected. It would be great.

Good luck to everyone's active and future hunts.

Porkabu

Shine Drillbur!

Gongrats!
My shiny Zorua also hatched today so I know how you feel. :)
Mine is a male. It took 675 eggs to hatch him.
He has some cool egg moves: Dark Pulse, Sucker punch and Counter.
I took some pictures . I´m sorry about the quality as my camera isn´t that good.

He has naive nature.

[IMG200]http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad84/RyoBakuraFangirl/Random/Shiny001.jpg[/IMG200]

[IMG200]http://i924.photobucket.com/albums/ad84/RyoBakuraFangirl/Random/Shiny008.jpg[/IMG200]

My next target is Shiny Drillbur!

Cranky Koala

My Custom User Title
I have bad luck.. Never caught a shiny... :/

TL;DR version of my Shiny Club Post:

http://i53.*******.com/2d9bjo3.jpg

Randomly ran into a shiny Whimsicott while looking for a Panpour to MM someday. Got her in a Critical Capture Quick Ball, too <3 Gentle Nature, Infiltrator, IVs are decent.

KittyKitty3308

Shiny Hunter
Hi, everyone. I've been browsing through this thread for a while and decided to join in. Currently hunting Zorua through Masuda Method. Portuguese Ditto with mostly 20 and above IVs - this guy's gonna be my MM ditto. Zorua father has Extrasensory egg move, and 31 in HP, Attack, Defense, and Sp. Attack, so I'm hoping for a good battler as well as shiny.

At one point I thought I'd hold out for two, one to keep as Zorua, King of Cute, and one to evolve into Zoroark. We'll see how that goal holds up when I finally have one Zorua.

Congratulations to everyone who's found their shiny, and good luck to everyone still hunting.

Good luck on your hunt for shiny Zoura! They are so cute! Zoura was my first MM shiny ever!

My Swablu hunt isn't going so well. I am at 2,030 hatches and no shiny yet. :( Hopefully it will shine soon! I would like to add my shiny Swablu to my shiny dragon team so that I can work on getting a shiny Deino and then a shiny Horsea! My goal is to get a shiny dragon team before going back to college at the end of August and these 3 are the last ones I need!

Good luck everyone! Don't give up on what you want!

Mr. Sandman

Not just anybody!
I found my first ever shiny in six years of playing! Just restarted White, started grinding my Tepig and BOOM! Shiny Patrat. Such a nice shiny, too.

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
cool. im happy for all of you. i havent had any shiny luck - thinking of giving up on foongus. last thing i got was 6 shiny eevee by chaining, and i wanna chain for more of them! i want 8 for myself, and the rest to trade out.

Celebi in time

Shiny Hunter
I just got traded a shiny Azumarill for a Phione, which I like. I don't care much for Phione anyway. I also like azumarill anyway :D

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Awesome trade :). Still working on my shiny Dratini hunt. Hatching eggs and fishing... not going to let myself give up or get bored though... not giving up until a shiny one shows up.

Status
Not open for further replies.