• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyogre911

now getting tsutaja
just saw shiny desukan. me likey.

Kyogre911

now getting tsutaja
just saw shiny desukan. me likey.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
i found reshiram shiny though!!!

Congrats. I'm hunting for a shiny Reshiram myself; I'm currently at 1550 soft resets. How many soft resets did yours take?

Come on, Reshiram. Shine for me.

Aquanova

Im looking forward to hunting Victini shiny. I keep hoping, through all my game resets, that one will just be shiny with no soft resets, i look for other shiny Pokemon too, but i havnt been lucky enough tp find one. Ive saved right in front of the girl that gives you your elemental Monkey,( in my case, Baoppu) so maybe I'll SR a little for that, not too long though, i need to keep getting Victini till the event ends. Im not expecting more than the 2 shiny Victini I SR for.

Mr. E Goods

Gone for good
Yeah, thats what I did. I was in the double battle grass in Yaguruma Forest.
It did take over 18,000 encounters to find it, but, its fine by me. I really couldn't do much this week, so, I did that and happened to luck out.

Why on Earth would you spend that long running around waiting for a shiny?! Just use Sweet Scent which makes you automatically find a pokemon, which is like 20 times faster than ri=unning in circles.

jwizzle5786

Munna King
I'm so happy. I caught this yesterday about twelve hours into my game.

shinyy.jpg

I only need a shiny Sentrent and I'll have a shiny form of every generic rodent. This is only my second random encounter shiny (the first is a shiny Rattata in LeafGreen). I had to stop myself from squealing as my roommate was in the room. So happy.

Last edited:

Zabi

Not really here.
Why on Earth would you spend that long running around waiting for a shiny?! Just use Sweet Scent which makes you automatically find a pokemon, which is like 20 times faster than ri=unning in circles.

No, it isn't. I had an Illuminator(Miruhog) in the front of my party for the reason of encountering Pokemon faster. I was encountering Pokemon every other step of grass when I was doing this.

By the time you open up the menu, click the Sweet Scenter, watch the little animation, I could probably have run from one or two battles. So, yeah. :x

Congrats on all the new recent 5th gen shinies.

Cutty

Forever now
I finally got my first shiny on B/W and it's a shiny Pokabu!^^
Appeared after 2,913 SR's, so awesome, I finally can play the game w/ a shiny starter! It took me only 6 days of hunting.
Pics will follow, maybe on Saturday, as I need to borrow my friend's laptop to upload the pics (lame, yeah). At least, I wanna share my joy w/ you guys.

Well, normally I choose water type as my starter. But I have to admit that I secretly fall in love w/ shiny Emboar. It's just so.. PHWOAR!
I also think that Emboar is the best fire starter in design so far. A kick *** wrestler FTW.

I still can't believe it. It's like a dream but it's not.^^
But tbh, the sparkles are kinda lame in 5th gen

Congrats to other new shinies too and good luck w/ your hunts guys. Yay!

AwesomeTree

I kid you not, as I was browsing through this thread, I have found my first legitimate shiny Pokemon, not including Red Gyarados. Aianto. It isn't much of a difference, but still, :D.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
I finally got my first shiny on B/W and it's a shiny Pokabu!^^
Appeared after 2,913 SR's, so awesome, I finally can play the game w/ a shiny starter! It took me only 6 days of hunting.
Pics will follow, maybe on Saturday, as I need to borrow my friend's laptop to upload the pics (lame, yeah). At least, I wanna share my joy w/ you guys.

Well, normally I choose water type as my starter. But I have to admit that I secretly fall in love w/ shiny Emboar. It's just so.. PHWOAR!
I also think that Emboar is the best fire starter in design so far. A kick *** wrestler FTW.

I still can't believe it. It's like a dream but it's not.^^
But tbh, the sparkles are kinda lame in 5th gen

Congrats to other new shinies too and good luck w/ your hunts guys. Yay!

Congrats on that! I'm currently SR for Pokabu myself, think im on about 5 days but not solid SR just now and then. I don't plan on playing the japanese version much, I just want the shiny starter and a shiny victini.

Oh also, try and take a picture of it in battle, so I know exactly what I am looking for colour wise :p

Ivyon

<333333
Currently SRing for a shiny reshiram, on about 4500th SR, im verry unlucky with shinies :/

4500 SRs isn't even CLOSE to unlucky. Trust me.

I'm currently at 21000+ encounters in the one forest and still nothing's shined. Hoping something finally will today. Then I'll move onto reshiram. And maybe after thaaat...I'll import something with magnet pull and hunt a shiny gear. Mmm. Gear~

Meloetta

Ev training my Jolly Minezumi on Route 1, so I need to defeat 252 Yorterrie's and Minezumi's for attack EV's.

-_-

So hopefully I run into a shiny Yorterrie. I love Murando's shiny sprite.

Molly063

Don´t underestimate
Defeating lots of Tabunne's, so hopping to run into a shiny. (Tabunne gives me a lot of exp + lucky egg)

PurplePoctopus

Silver Fangirl
Congrats to all of you with shinies, and good luck to those of you on hunts! I'm so excited for these games, I will be shiny hunting!

Status
Not open for further replies.