• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquaholic

I caught an Adamant Leaf Guard Tangela, in the wild, whilst I was at work and I almost died with joy. It's only the second time in playing Pokémon ever that I've encountered a shiney in the wild :) I just need to decide on a good set to use and where, if at all, she'll fit into a Sunshine team :|

Also, and I don't want to sound like a n00b for asking, but does being a shiney have any bearing on a Pokémon's IV spread, because the Tangela I caught has 30/31 in ATK, DEF and 29-31 in Sp. ATK?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
Also, and I don't want to sound like a n00b for asking, but does being a shiney have any bearing on a Pokémon's IV spread, because the Tangela I caught has 30/31 in ATK, DEF and 29-31 in Sp. ATK?

It did in Gen 2, but it doesn't anymore. That's just good luck right there.

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Yes! after 2840 eggs I got shiny rufflet! :) Everstone worked and it got jolly nature and sheer force ability. Wish i could post pics but my camera fails =/ Im just happy this hunt is over, I think im gonna take a break from hunting and train my shinies instead. Good luck to everyone on there hunts don't give up!

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Last night I finally got my route 3 shiny in White after 25,036 encounters - and it was the shiny Blitzle I wanted. ^_^

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUYtL8edrtU

Also I'm still hatching away for a shiny DW Eevee. Currently at 2290 eggs hatched.

Alexz

Hey everybody! I'm so happy...

After hatching a shiny tympole 18 days ago I decided to hatch another MMing shiny, I changed my target a lot..but then I finally decided for Deino, I filled 10 boxes and started hatching on Wednesday....yesterday I get bored so I decided to put on hold my MMing and start REing for a Shiny Deerling on Route 6.

1 hour ago, after 517 REs....a Shiny male Tranquilll appeared. This was my first time REing and it was fast....feel so lucky right know. I named him Taylor because he appeared while hearing Taylor Swift's "You belong with me".

So...I will continue hatching eggs until Shiny Deino decides to appear!

Pics:

http://i55.*******.com/2uz8jr6.jpg http://i53.*******.com/jjpgy8.jpg

Quiet Nature, lv 27, as I said early...don't know anything about ivs. :(

Thanks for reading and good luck in all your huntings!

Last edited:

thetifftiff

Wow so many shinies from you guys in the last day or so. Congrats to all of you. :3

I reached 1700 pink munna (92 more than my last post), 200 orange vulpix (90 more), and 170 non-shiny nidoran of both genders (70 more). It's been a long time since I've gotten a shiny in fifth gen and over 2600 eggs of multiple species hatched since starting my munna hunt in June. If it weren't for being able to go back and chain in DPPt I think I would have given up a long time ago due to being discouraged. ._.

Jinglefruit

Mad hatter
OMG -Happy dances-

I was having a huge collection of my pokemon from older gen's onto Black today, including finally getting around to SRing for a good natured shiny LoR Gyarados in SS. Sent that to my Black version.

Then I traded a female DW timid alert to sounds Vulpix for a shiny Deerling. 8D Muchos muchos gracias to Manifesto for asking for exactly what I already had in his signature.

And now I just got a shiny Gigalith off the GTS, after the trade a had a spare Zekrom from white, and I misclicked on Gigalith scrolling along 1 page too far and the top one was just shiny and asking for a Zekrom.

3 shinies in 1 day. Even though I could have got the Gyarados any day I count it as it was the first of the 3, and I didn't have one on black.

This means I aquired 50% of my shinies today!! xDDD Doubled my collection from 3 to 6.

Edit: HOLY MUDFUDDLES! I just searched for Porygon-Z aswell and found a shiny asking for any Rayquaza. - I just sent mine over this morning to help complete my dex and didn't want it anyway.

Also if anyone has a level 100 Mudkip, Golurk, Bouffalant, Reshiram, Thundurus, Meinshao, Landorus, Shaymin or Arceus or a male Electrike (level 30+). There are loads more shiny Porygon-Z on the GTS. More shinies than non. - unless my eyes have gone funny. xP I wanted one for ages and never found a tradeable one and now I've found loads.

FOUR! I imagine I will wake up in a minute.

Edit: I fust got a second shiny Porygon-Z, and traded that for a shiny Escavalier. This is amazing, I might cry. I'll add a beatuifully shiny picture of the lot later. Though I think my first Porygon-Z might be hacked, since it's fateful encountered and was found in ------

http://sadpanda.us/images/668909-5ODEM7V.jpg
http://sadpanda.us/images/668914-E6HOTFI.jpg
http://sadpanda.us/images/668915-WPONTTT.jpg

Haven't provided the Deerling, since my webcam blurred the image so intensely you can't tell that it's shiny anymore. xD Once I'm back in uni I'll probably get an image of the 5 of them in the Hall of Fame that should be clearer.

And Thanks LexSuicune! I feel this is my luckiest poke-day in my life. After a few weeks ago of me realising I had over 10,000 MM'd eggs of all sorts of pokemon - I changed after every 3 boxes. And never had a shiny from them. I think this is a gift for persevering. xP

Yet another edit: I just rare candy'd my Golurk up its last few levels for another shiny Porygon-Z. Thought I might aswell have a spare. I need to go to bed nao though. End this fabulous run.

Last edited:

abrar14

Statter Master
Just the other day I wad going to RNG a shiny Woobat when I ran into a random one. That saved me a couple hours. I named it Sparkles and he is my Sparkles :3

Now I'm planning for a Frillish random shiny encounter. :D

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I hatched another 35 Larvesta eggs for my Shiny Larvesta Masuda Method hunt yesterday. I was going to hatch some more, but it was getting late. So I stored another 10 eggs in my PC, and I picked them up this morning. I hatched them all, plus another 20 eggs that I collected today. I plan on hatching another 20 Larvesta eggs this evening, right after I finish doing some more Shiny trades. I'm getting a Shiny Pidgey and a Shiny Cubone from those trades, so I'm excited about those. I've evolved all my previous Shinies, so I'm happy about that. GLE.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I haven't posted on here in awhile, but I just wanted to post what I'm hunting... Currently in my White version I'm REing at Route 3 (hoping to get a Blitzle, already got a Pidove there a few weeks ago); I'm 5000 RE's into that hunt. I'm also MMing Larvitar with Dragon Dance and Outrage at the same time. I am a multitasker =)

Anyway, good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Kalosian

So long
Following the Minccinos I met last week, I found my third random shiny in White today, this being the first one I could keep after catching it. It was a Braviary (which I met just after catching a regular Braviary). I was on Route 11 and looked for a Bisharp when I ran into this instead. It was a single battle in the double grass, but it did fortunately not use Whirlwind, which would have ended the battle rather abruptly.
braverybird.jpg
nonewhirlwind.jpg
gotit.jpg

Scrufox86

Hello everyone. I got my first shiny of 5th gen last night on white version. A random encounter Audino. I know it isn't much but still a shiny. And after getting pokerus on my black version too.

Martinzqx

I am insanely bitter at this current point in time! I have been MMing for a shiny ralts and just now they decide to add ralts to an area in the dream world with a sexy ability!

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
I have fallen in love with shiny Reuniclus so I'm going to start MMing for a shiny solosis. I've also grown to love shiny Chandelure so I think when I'm not hatching eggs I will try to RE for a shiny litwick. Generally for MM I tend to grab 5 eggs and hatch them then SR if none are shiny but this time around I think I will just store as many eggs as I can hold in my empty pc box space then hatch them at once. Wish me luck!

Edit: Does anyone know when you find out if Thundurus is shiny? Is the sprite shiny or do you have to check when you encounter it after leaving the old woman's house? I've been avoiding Mistralton for months because I don't want to save at the wrong point.

Last edited:

Supremacy

Shiny Hunter
Good luck Arcamenel! shiny Renuniclus is a great shiny :) It took me around 3 days of REing to find a shiny solosis and its one my favorite shinies. So yea after I hatched a shiny rufflet a few days ago I took a break from hunting to iv bred/ev train some pokes and evolved my rufflet and vulpix only one i need to evolve now is shiny tynamo so after that I'll probably start hunting again. I'm thinking of REing for one since I haven't done that in awhile... not sure where to hunt at tho but anyways gratz to everyone on your recent shinies and good luck on future hunts! :)

zozo

SLIMED!
Wow, it's been so long since I posted! I just managed to get ahold of two great little breeders to hunt for two shinies I've wanted for awhile: Zoroark and Politoed. I've had a Korean Zorua for the longest time, but it was only today that I FINALLY got a male DW Vulpix with Dark Pulse to breed with her. Now I just have to level him up to get Extrasensory and I should be able to breed some pretty nice Zorua puppies. :) And I've lately been giving away my last few DW growlithes over the GTS, and today I was overjoyed to see that I was traded a female FOREIGN poliwag with the DW ability AND a great nature (Sassy). I haven't checked her IVs yet, but I'll be breeding her even if they're garbage! In all my time at the DW I've encountered maybe five poliwags, all of which were males, so I'm really happy to finally have a DW female. :) It's been awhile since my last shiny hunt (which failed, sadly), so I'm pretty pumped to try hatching a shiny again!
And with that, I'm off to prepare for two new shiny hunts! Congrats to the owners of brand new shinies, and good luck hunting everyone! :D

EDIT: Just checked that Poliwag's IVs: She's got 31 in HP and Defense, so I'm really happy about that! My Zorua and Vulpix are pretty crappy in comparison, but I don't much care. I'm going to get that purple Zoroark and at least use her in-game!! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.