• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Just wondering, does anyone know if you can still use the Masuda Method in B/W? I know people assume it is (including me), but assumptions won't help me out xD

Reason I'm asking is that I started a side hunt next to my hunt on Route 5.
I'm breeding for Munna, I love Shiny Musharna and it doesn't require a lot of steps (it's my first breeding attempt).
I just don't want to waste my time if it's 1/8192.

AyameHikaru

Alt-Reality User
Waiiii!!! I just found a shiny Hitomoshi! First one I ran into, too! Sorry Darumakka, you have just been replaced in my party. XD I'll try to get a pic of it posted soon!

EDIT: Okay, here's the link to the pic. Sorry that it's sideways; I couldn't figure out how to turn the image. It's female, serious nature^^

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb27/hitachiin_kaoru07/shinyhitomoshi.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, lucky! That's an awesome shiny. :D

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Just wondering, does anyone know if you can still use the Masuda Method in B/W? I know people assume it is (including me), but assumptions won't help me out xD

Reason I'm asking is that I started a side hunt next to my hunt on Route 5.
I'm breeding for Munna, I love Shiny Musharna and it doesn't require a lot of steps (it's my first breeding attempt).
I just don't want to waste my time if it's 1/8192.

NEVER MIND I FOUND OUT MYSELF!!

I just hatched a Shiny Munna after only 80 eggs, so I'm 99.9% sure the Masuda Method IS in Black/White =D

I'll edit this post with pics/video, or post them in a new post depending on the number of posts after this one xD

My first 5th Gen. shiny, and my first Masuda shiny (Not counting the random Caterpie I got in Platinum after 1 egg, as I wasn't trying for a shiny), SOOO happy right now .___.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
NEVER MIND I FOUND OUT MYSELF!!

I just hatched a Shiny Munna after only 80 eggs, so I'm 99.9% sure the Masuda Method IS in Black/White =D

I'll edit this post with pics/video, or post them in a new post depending on the number of posts after this one xD

My first 5th Gen. shiny, and my first Masuda shiny (Not counting the random Caterpie I got in Platinum after 1 egg, as I wasn't trying for a shiny), SOOO happy right now .___.

congratulations bud! good fine too :)

PurplePoctopus

Silver Fangirl

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Congrats on the shiny Hitomoshi and Munna. They're both great looking shinies (I plan on hunting for a shiny Hitomoshi at some point).

I'm SR'ing for shiny Reshiram as I type this message. Currently at 10,690 soft resets.

Come on, please shine soon, Reshiram! @_@

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
As promised, here are the pictures and video =D

Shiny Munna came out of it's egg!

HPIM1681.jpg

Shiny Munna's Summary

HPIM1694.jpg

Shiny Musharna's Summary

HPIM1695.jpg

Shiny Musharna - Sparkles

HPIM1698.jpg

And the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpvliybN-68

Last edited:

yukamina

Did you trade a foreign pokemon frm 4th gen to do the Masuda method?

RedMage23

The Red Mage
I REALLY want a Shiny Koromori, where/how can I get one? Anyone willing to trade?

Either the hard way or the Masuda Method. Those are the only ways (except trading and cheating).

Royalty

If the Crown Fits...
So...I've pretty much seen so many people here talk about Shiny Pokemon that I think it's become stuck in my head. I had a dream last night that I was a Pokemon trainer, but caught so many that my PC was overflowing and had no more room. So, I took all my pokemon out and then took them to our own huge island. It was set up like Jurassic Park, but everything was peaceful and lived in a nice co-habitation. Due to this nice freedom, I noticed that my Pokemon began to evolve in to Shiny Forms. It was kind of cool. :)

Now to stay on topic, I think I have officially decided that I am going to SR for a shiny Tsutarja as many times as I have to in order to get one. Why? Cause it's just so pretty! ;)

I can't wait for it to come to America already!

Aquanova

i was just thinking that i really want a jalorda inshiney form but i also want a jalorda with perversity and suddenly a question popped into my mind and i knew that if i posted it here it would be very likely to get an answer so here it is: Isit possible to get a shiney pokemon from the dream world or do i have to breed a dream world pokemon to keep its ability and get it shiney?

i dont know that anyone has gotten any Dream World shinies or if it is possible, since the Dream World has only been up for a day, even if it is, you probably have to be lucky like in the games, id assume the rate would be the same 1/8192

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Did you trade a foreign pokemon frm 4th gen to do the Masuda method?

I tried to send over a Ditto from Diamond, but then found out the Pokeshifter is region-locked. I asked a few friends and found someone who had a Japanese Platinum and Black, so he could trade me =)

pokeman13

Thanks

i dont know that anyone has gotten any Dream World shinies or if it is possible, since the Dream World has only been up for a day, even if it is, you probably have to be lucky like in the games, id assume the rate would be the same 1/8192

Thanks for the input

I really hope you can because I really want one

Also is it true that the poke shifter is region locked? Because that would suck and I know nobody with a Japanese 4th gen game !!!! :(

Pokerealm

Newest Shiny~
Thanks for the input

I really hope you can because I really want one

Also is it true that the poke shifter is region locked? Because that would suck and I know nobody with a Japanese 4th gen game !!!! :(

Yup, I tried sending over an english Ditto from my Diamond, but I couldn't =(
Took me over an hour to find a trade, but it paid off as I hatched a Shiny Munna the same day XD

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I began another Masuda hunt, as I really enjoy breeding in B/W.
It's a secret target, but I hope to show it soon xD
Hatched 1 box so far, and now collecting 30 new eggs.
It probably won't shine as fast as Munna did, but I can always hope ^_^

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Look at what I found today at the Abandoned Lot of Dreams, outside of Sanyou City; a Shiny Musharna! It took me a couple of hours of soft-reseting for it to appear in that new area of the Abandoned Lot of Dreams that opens up after you beat the game, but I finally got it. I actually dislike Musharna, but decided to make an attempt to get it since I wanted a high-level Shiny Pokemon in White. I might train this in a little while, but I'll focus on other Shinies first.

Status
Not open for further replies.