• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

goinGreen

<-I herd u Liek me?
I caught a Zuruggu for my in-game White team, started raising it on that route against Meguroco, and found a shiny Zuruggu at level 17 after raising my first Zuruggu from level 17 to level 19.

It's got Overconfidence, unfortunately, but at level 17 it was faster than my level 19 one which had Shed Skin. So it works for me.

I got lucky, it seems like a popular, sought-after shiny. ^_^ I love it and its evolved forms, the shinies a bit less than the originals, but I'll take any shiny pokemon... it's one of five legit ones I've ever got, two being soft reset legendaries, Zuruggu being one of three random encounters, and it being my first White shiny.

Last edited:

Green_Celebi

Newest Random Shiny
I haven't posted here in forever!
Well The Other Day after SRing for a shiny zekrom forever to finally figure out it couldnt be shiny, I decided to go for a shiny kyurem!
And I caught a Shiny Kyurem after a couple hundred SRs!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AqR3yNPa4Y

I'm pretty excited. :D

pokeman13

Zekrom can be shiny I think.
Where did you get this information from?
I thought we had this conversation already About ten pages ago.
About Zekrom and reshiram not being able to be shiny.
It's probably a bunch POO.

AriasuGureisha

Advent Knight
Think of me.

I did the Raijins thing, then traded Voltolos through GTS for a Shiny Espeon Level 100 w/o EVs.

At first, i was like :(, but then i went :).

Last edited:

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
Zekrom can be shiny I think.
Where did you get this information from?
I thought we had this conversation already About ten pages ago.
About Zekrom and reshiram not being able to be shiny.
It's probably a bunch POO.

Someone at Smogon said they probably couldn't be shiny, I havent heard anything else about it. (aside from some mutterings over a TVtropes, but, well, y'know)

Cutty

Forever now
Congrats on the Kyurem, gonna get one in the future of course. XD

Anyway, here are the pics of my recent shiny on White, Kurumiru.^^

shinykuri.jpg

shinykuri2.jpg

shinykuri3.jpg

My cool shiny emboar.^^
shinyemboar.jpg

And shiny Desukan.
shinykan.jpg

Now you see.

Now, you don't.
shinykkan.jpg

My other hunts, I'm currently at 900 RE's for Puruiru and 4,250 SR's for Mijumaru/Oshawott.

Good luck everyone.

Jagged

what do you guys think of the shiny Waruvial?
Spr_5b_553_s.png

I think it looks a lot less intimidating than the original version because the area around its eyes is so bright compared to the original version.

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
Congrats on the shiny Kurumiru! It's so adorable! I wouldn't evolve it to Hahakomori. I'd leave it a beautiful shiny Kurumayu, sad and lumpy for the rest of its bright life <3.

White_K

congrats on the shiny kyurem & kurumiru !
I actually had encountered a shiny kyurem before, but accidently killed it...a critical hit, of course :(
so I put aside SRing kyurem for later, and started working on shiny virizion! it's already 3 weeks, but it hasn't shine yet.
and for shiny waruvial...in my opinion it's so-so...I like that it's color resembles gold, but as you have mentioned, it looks far less intimidating...
If I have enough time, I'll go after its shiny form, but I have many other shinies to hunt before that :p

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So it would appear that both Zekrom and Reshiram can indeed be Shiny. Serebii updated saying that if you have a maxed party and maxed boxes of Pokemon, you'll be allowed to battle N and Geechisu without having to capture Zekrom or Reshiram at N's Castle. Then once the credits roll and the game starts again, you will be able to go to Dragon Spiral Tower and find Zekrom or Reshiram at level 50 and they have a chance of being Shiny, unlike the ones at N's Castle. Kind of cool. But who would go as far as to fill their boxes with Pokemon just to have a shot at a Shiny Zekrom/Reshiram? Only a serious Shiny hunter I'd bet.

Last edited:

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
I would definitely do that for a shiny 'rom, it just looks so awesome! Maybe on a file specifically created for that purpose though.

Aquanova

So it would appear that both Zekrom and Reshiram can indeed be Shiny. Serebii updated saying that if you have a maxed party and maxed boxes of Pokemon, you'll be allowed to battle N and Geechisu without having to capture Zekrom or Reshiram at N's Castle. Then once the credits roll and the game starts again, you will be able to go to Dragon Spiral Tower and find Zekrom or Reshiram at level 50 and they have a chance of being Shiny, unlike the ones at N's Castle. Kind of cool. But who would go as far as to fill their boxes with Pokemon just to have a shot at a Shiny Zekrom/Reshiram? Only a serious Shiny hunter I'd bet.

Um i, the Shiny Hunter extrodinaire would certainly. I mean have you seen shiny Zekrom? it has freaking green electricity in its turbine tail thing, how awesome is that? Pretty awsome

im still mad that Victini cant be shiny though

Last edited:

NomadSPG

4th Gen. Dragon '88

that's me:]

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Um i, the Shiny Hunter extrodinaire would certainly. I mean have you seen shiny Zekrom? it has freaking green electricity in its turbine tail thing, how awesome is that? Pretty awsome

im still mad that Victini cant be shiny though

Yep, I've seen what a Shiny Zekrom looks like, and I can see the appeal there, but it still seems like a huge task. Apart from just sort resetting, you'd also need to capture tons of "filler" Pokemon to fill in those empty spots in the PC boxes. Well, good luck to you and anyone who is going to try this though :]

I'm pretty sure there will be a way to get a Shiny Victini soon. I bet there's a little quirk in the game that we need to discover (kind of like this Zekrom/Reshiram quirk).

Aquanova

They better discover it soon, because im waiting to catch Victini. I wish maybe i could figure it out. I hope it dosent involve getting the Liberty Ticket after you beat the game or something cause i already did that whole battle team plazma thing, and i have a nasty feeling thats the key to it.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^

I'm so glad to hear that there's a way to soft reset for a shiny Reshiram/Zekrom after all. At last I can get that bloody shiny Reshiram (but I'm still p'd off that I did 27,000 soft resets for a Reshiram that couldn't shine... >_> )

Though I won't be able to do this until I have my English version of White, as I certainly don't want to restart Black and lose my shiny Daikenki/Tsutaja/Virizion (+ any future shinies).

Gelu

Mmmm?
So you apparently need maxed out boxes for them to be shiny?
Remember, guys, the PC system is a little weird in Black and White, as once you get your original 8 boxes filled up, you get another 8 boxes. I don't know all the details, or how specific they want the PC to be "maxed out" for you to have a chance at Reshiram/Zekrom, but still, maybe that's why they changed up the PC system.
Just pointing that out to everyone.
By the time English Black and White come around, I might try to get a shiny Zekrom, depending on how "maxed out" the boxes need to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.