• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedgehog325

I've been playing pokemon for many years, and I have never actually found a shiny pokemon by luck. I've found shinies from the pokeradar, but I've never found one out of nowhere. Maybe this game will be different. Hopefully.

Juunanagou

Interesting fact the updated pokedex tracks how many times and which pokemon you have seen in their shiny forms.

Silent Conversation

Chart obsessed wanker
I've been playing pokemon for many years, and I have never actually found a shiny pokemon by luck. I've found shinies from the pokeradar, but I've never found one out of nowhere. Maybe this game will be different. Hopefully.

Ironically, I've found about 6 shinies in my overall Pokemon playing, and they've all been pure luck.

Dragon_Reborn

Just caught this shiny pokemon today.

GalacticMagmortar

Aspiring Author
Nice catch. Still haven't found any. :/
I don't SR or do Masuda, I just count on randomness. ;)

Rikudo Sennin

Sage of the 6 Paths
Same here, I haven't found any shinies EVER, in the last 10-13 years I've been playing pokemon, so enough is enough. Even if I have to Masuda method, I will be getting a non-event/traded shiny pokemon of my own in this gen!
Hopefully a shiny axew, he's just awesome xD

-MX-

I was going through the Desort Resort in my Japanese White shortly after I completed the game. I was looking for a Zen Mode Darmanitan, and while running through the sand, I ran into a shiny Siglyiph! I panicked, because my team was in the mid 40s and the Siglyph was at Lv 20. Nonetheless, I caught it with no issue.

4Loko

Sweet jesus I just caught a shiny timbur. I just got the game a few hours ago now Im never gonna be able to put this ds down.

Kaotos

Shiny Breeder
Wow already some of you guys have gotten shinys :O i just battled my opponents lol

EzzPeon

just a passerby
I guess you just need to get very lucky. Some people have two shinies in one week, by random.
And others, like me didn't see a 'wild' one for a few years >.<

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Is anyone able to trade me a pokemon with flame body for my egg adventures? (Gen V) would be much appreciated! Obviously at this level of the game I can't offer much, I have the starter pokemon though, and alot of pokemon on my heart gold etc.

Just hatched my first shiny on my pokemon black! Shiny Tepig!

Last edited:

NomadSPG

4th Gen. Dragon '88
Ok, i have my oryginal card of BLACK at last after weelend!:D Let's start to SR for shiny SNIVY!!!
God Luck everyone with yr 5gen shiny starters shiny hunters!

wearjo

Pokemon Trader
just asking everyone... when u post ur shinies can u post a link or something so we can see it??? it would be great :)

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Once I'm home I will post my shiny tepig!

MidnightMag

Burning Star
Just found a Shiny female Patrat, while training my Blitzle

Aquanova

Alright, started to SR Tepig, on 77 SRs Im gonna keep at it till I have that shiny Tepig, and yes, I'll post pictures when I get it

UStrainer40137

<---MINE!!!!
I'm at about the same amount of SRs on Kyurem. (I lost track, but I think I'm at about 65-70). I'll post details when I catch Kyurem.

crws

I was just wondering if anyone has a shiny starter pokemon, and would it be possible to explain how you went about getting one?
I've been soft resetting my DS at least 1000 times

Marvs

Shinneeee!
I gave up soft resetting for Tepig and someone from here was nice enough to give me a japanese ditto, I got my shiny Tepig in about 200-300 eggs. Working on Snivy now! I would recommend others use this method as well :)

Status
Not open for further replies.