• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zant00

i did try the trick to breed my male eruopean serperior and got a female Japanese snivy on gts and i got on my 8th egg a shiny snivy ^^

Schautzie

i have like 5 boxes filled with zorua . i decided to keep my japanese zorua but change my english zoruak with a english zorua. Hope this will help.

SharpedoSteve

Sink/Swim
I've started working on hatching a shiny axew

I'm on Axew too, haven't done any gameplay today so far but will make a start soon, currently at 310 eggs i think.

FatalOmega

Aquatic Fanatic
Found my second shiny on my White version this morning this one being an actual fifth gen Pokemon.

Female! Timburr level 13 Jolly nature found outside Pinwheel Forest ability Guts.
IVs: (HP)18-(Att)14-(Def)5-(SpA)28-(SpD)24-(Speed)20 and HP Fighting...

Marvs

Shinneeee!
i did try the trick to breed my male eruopean serperior and got a female Japanese snivy on gts and i got on my 8th egg a shiny snivy ^^

Very lucky! congrats all the same :)

Looking forward to seeing my little brown Rufflet soon! need to think of a name....

JUST CAUGHT MY SECOND SHINY EVER!

I don't do all of those tricks to find one, this is the second time I've found a shiny, completely out of sheer luck.

It's a shiny, lvl. 30 Shelmet! Found in Icirrus City 14hrs into the game. :)

Xman96

Fighting Leader
JUST CAUGHT MY SECOND SHINY EVER!

I don't do all of those tricks to find one, this is the second time I've found a shiny, completely out of sheer luck.

It's a shiny, lvl. 30 Shelmet! Found in Icirrus City 14hrs into the game. :)

Sooooooooo, lucky. I have hatched about 60 Shellmet eggs now and no luck. :( Oh well, better get back to hatching.

ive been working on my shiny Litwick all day.... 2540 REs no luck yet x[

Schautzie

up to 400 eggs now. might try switching to two foreign zorua's instead of one.

FatalOmega

Aquatic Fanatic
up to 400 eggs now. might try switching to two foreign zorua's instead of one.

Two Japanese zorua wont work if that is what you are thinking about trying. Needs to be something like German-Japanese, English-German or English-Japanese.

GoldCyndaquil

Shiny Hunter
So I have a question: I just got a Japaneese Snivy over the GTS and on the pokedex it doesnt give the the JP pokedex entry, but will it still work for MM

Linkin10

Shiny Lover
Started my first attempt at MMing today. Going for Drilbur, i love the pink and teal Excadrill. I have been very shiny lucky in the past- six Accidental shiny finds. Hopefully, my luck will continue. I currently have 2.5 boxes full of Drilbur.

Lucario0708

Destiny Combining...
gonna trade for a japanese zorua tomorrow so i can MM for a shiny

1ee7leader

Is there an item you can use to find shinies like D/P/P?

Icing Sugar

Is there an item you can use to find shinies like D/P/P?
No, there isn't. Your only chances to get shinies now are either SR's or MM. Maybe RNG too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.