• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthroker29

Sith Lord
When I first got Black, I SR for about 2 days( like 5hrs a day) and I finally got my shiny tepig...YAY ME!

Long shot in here but since it's for sole purpose of obtaining a shiny Zorua, does anyone have a female one? I'll get two shinies from it give a shiny back to you.

Linkin10

Shiny Lover
Long shot in here but since it's for sole purpose of obtaining a shiny Zorua, does anyone have a female one? I'll get two shinies from it give a shiny back to you.

You'll get one, but I would take that offer back. Not worth it. Find one on GTS.

im at 4,461 encounters for my shiny litwick >.< nothing yet..

Midnite♪

Distant Stargazer
Blah, so far no luck with Masuda Methoding Larvesta eggs in my JP White (It's been about 300 eggs so far). But, in my English black version, I end up finding a shiny Shelmet in Icirrus City's swamp. >___>

All my luck is in the wrong place. :/ Eh, I'm not giving up with Larvesta, and Accelgor is an awesome shiny.

Last edited:
Blah, so far no luck with Masuda Methoding Larvesta eggs in my JP White (It's been about 300 eggs so far). But, in my English black version, I end up finding a shiny Shelmet in Icirrus City's swamp. >___>

All my luck is in the wrong place. :/ Eh, I'm not giving up with Larvesta, and Accelgor is an awesome shiny.

sir I would deeply appreciate any luck in these scenarios. xD i have none whatsoever.. =__= lol

Schautzie

i just got a shiny gastly :) someone on the gts wanted a lillip for it!

Quezy

I wanna start Masuda'ing for a shiny zorua or snivy, but I don't have a foreign pokemon to breed with...

Does anyone have a jap/foreign ditto they can trade me? ;w;

Also, I love the shinies in this gen. So many of them don't look like their normal forms (not like shiny garchomp :C I wish Shiny garchomp looked different from the normal one. That would make my shiny garchomp more special than he already is).

Midnightkitsune

neighborhood trOll
the only random encounter shiny was in one of the lakes and it was a golduck
it got traded later for another shiny. since then all my shinnies are are hatched or from trades

also i have many Pokemon up for trade just saying i want to get rid of the multiple Pokemon

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Yep. I have a male one and need a female.

I kind of despise the GTS. Too many morons. All I see on there when I search is Zorua for lvl 100 Zekrom and lvl 1 Solosis for Reshiram etc. etc. etc.
I found a japanese female zorua for a pidove (any level) yesterday, so don't give up.

mgscheekymonkey

Vanilite <3
just got a shiny Haxorus on the GTs for my level 80 Blastoise, damn that was a bum to level up xD

Fox Reeveheart

First BW shiny!
Alright so

With my new shiny durant that brings me up to 5 legit shinies

I have a shiny arcanine from gts but i'm highly doubting it's legitimacy.

Someone is RNG'ing me a shiny solrock, is that considered legit?

Status
Not open for further replies.