• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redstars89

Shiny Ditto Trainer
I think that the shiny scolipede is one of the coolest shinies compared to its original form. The color combination is much better. Heatmor and Bisharp are also better in shiny form, along with many other pokemon previously stated by others.

~Samuel Oak

Yeah that red and teal is just too awesome

GenoFan3

<---New Target
I think that the shiny scolipede is one of the coolest shinies compared to its original form. The color combination is much better. Heatmor and Bisharp are also better in shiny form, along with many other pokemon previously stated by others.

~Samuel Oak

Tis the reason why i'm tryin to get a shiny Venipede! :D

GenoFan3

<---New Target
Progress: Hit egg 200. Gonna end it there for the night and hope it shines soon, hopefully before Monday haha. Good luck all who are hunting for your shinies. :D

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yeah, so far I'm doing the gen 1 breedable pokemon and I'm up to Sandshrew so far.

Are you trading at all? Because that's what I'm going to be doing in order to get this done. I figure that it would take years to catch/breed for every Shiny Pokemon so I've decided to get some help from friends in order to get all of the Shiny Pokemon registered in my Pokedex. It's going to take a long time even with all the help that I'll be getting but it'll also be a ton of fun since I'll be able to interact with other Shiny Pokemon collectors. I was going to ask for assistance from other Shiny collectors here but I've decided to ask for help on another site. I'm also getting a few Shinies from the GTS, but I rarely see any Shinies on there so I might not rely on the GTS very often.

DarkAngel

Beginning Trainer
Just started to do some MM so far no luck... hatched at least 150 snivy before I switch over on litwick and been trying to RE it also around 200 and still no shiny.. just storing eggs for the mean time and maybe will mass hatch after I reach 250 eggs. been doing this anytime I got time. Only thing I got was a pokerus which I just notice right now when I deposit my pokemon don't remember which pokemon is infected..

WaffleCopter

<-- Kamehameha!!!
i cant wait to start MM for shiny larvesta!!! my game is on hold right now cuz i just hatched my gift egg from the guy in the house and got a female brave larvesta!!!

now im searching the forums for someone who would like to trade a japanese ditto for my serperior... not very far in the game. so i dont have much to offer. does anyone have a japanese game they can catch an extra ditto for me? i give you a timid serperior :D

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
Am I the only person who grabs eggs from the daycare man and hatches them right away, place the rejects back into PC and repeat?

||Caboose||

Precision.
Are you trading at all? Because that's what I'm going to be doing in order to get this done. I figure that it would take years to catch/breed for every Shiny Pokemon so I've decided to get some help from friends in order to get all of the Shiny Pokemon registered in my Pokedex. It's going to take a long time even with all the help that I'll be getting but it'll also be a ton of fun since I'll be able to interact with other Shiny Pokemon collectors. I was going to ask for assistance from other Shiny collectors here but I've decided to ask for help on another site. I'm also getting a few Shinies from the GTS, but I rarely see any Shinies on there so I might not rely on the GTS very often.

I'm doing the breeding myself. I have all the pokemon from gen 1 that are able to breed. It should only take me till the end of the week or middle of next week to finish this.

help

Wi-fi name is Spice
any ideas on what I should shiny hunt for guys? I like larvesta and I'm currently training one so maybe him? Any ideas?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm doing the breeding myself. I have all the pokemon from gen 1 that are able to breed. It should only take me till the end of the week or middle of next week to finish this.

I see. I'd do the same thing except the Masuda Method doesn't seem to like me very much. I'm still going to go after certain Shiny Pokemon on my own time but I think trading is the best way to go about filling the Pokedex with Shiny Pokemon forms. The only thing you have to worry about Shiny Pokemon that are obtained via trades is the possibility that they might be hacked, but I only want to register the Shiny forms so it shouldn't matter if the Shiny Pokemon that I receive are hacked or not.

||Caboose||

Precision.
You are just RNGing them on 4th gen, right?

Yes, I am RNGing on Diamond.

I see. I'd do the same thing except the Masuda Method doesn't seem to like me very much. I'm still going to go after certain Shiny Pokemon on my own time but I think trading is the best way to go about filling the Pokedex with Shiny Pokemon forms. The only thing you have to worry about Shiny Pokemon that are obtained via trades is the possibility that they might be hacked, but I only want to register the Shiny forms so it shouldn't matter if the Shiny Pokemon that I receive are hacked or not.

Yeah but I have Emerald, Fire Red, Diamond, Pearl x2, Platinum 2x, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver so it wasn't hard to get them all for 4th gen to trade to Black and White.

Last edited:

WaffleCopter

<-- Kamehameha!!!
alright, just got my ditto...

set it in the daycare with a serperior.....

wish me luck!
i will be counting each one and updating everyone!

RED_EYES_BLACK_CHARIZARD

Charizard Master
Starting to MM for a shiny beldum wish me luck :3 my dream team will be complete, check out my sig. what do you guys think?

Pbbpwns

bored.
Finally got my shiny Roggenrola yesterday afternoon.
After 835 eggs, the shiny appeared!(836th)
My everstone worked, and she turned out to have a brave nature! :)
Though its a she, and not a he, i'm still glad as the nature is brave.

IMG_1265.jpg

EDIT: oh yeah, the pictures of shiny Roggenrola and Gigalith are there for a reason.
The Roggenrola is there to help me differ between the colours of a normal and shiny sprite.
The Gigalith is there to motivate me x)

Last edited:

pokefreak in qatar93

Hatched about 209 vulpix eggs ..Guess that shiny is taking it's time -.-
Btw does it matter if I turn off the DS? Another question in RE does it matter if I leave the place , kill or run away?

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Hatched about 209 vulpix eggs ..Guess that shiny is taking it's time -.-
Btw does it matter if I turn off the DS? Another question in RE does it matter if I leave the place , kill or run away?

Turning off the DS will give you a new seed when you start your game again. This can be good or bad as it either makes it easier for you to get a shiny, or it will take longer, but since you have no way of knowing, don't sweat it. I turn off my DS when I am done playing for the day (or if I have stuff to do that may take a while), and I managed to hatch a shiny Zorua in 321 eggs.

As for your second question. No, not really. For MMing you have a 6/8192 chance for each individual egg, while with REing, you have a 1/8192 for each individual encounter, regardless of what you do, the odds never change.

Status
Not open for further replies.