• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kur0nue

Round-a-Bound
I thought the odds were now 2/8192 for REing because of the double battles you can get into in the tall grass?

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
13 boxes of Zorua... time to do some cleaning.

Btw, the father, which was a Lv. 1 Adamant Zorua as of 5pm today, is currently at lv. 60. Lmao.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
EVERYONE:

What is the one Pokemon you would kill to have shiny? Answer in quote!

Legendary: Rayquaza
Non-Legendary: Eevee

I thought the odds were now 2/8192 for REing because of the double battles you can get into in the tall grass?

No, the chance for a shiny in tall grass is 2/16384, or 1/8192. The odds doesn't actually change since they are calculated for each individual pokemon, thus it is possible for none of them to come up shiny, one of them to come up shiny, or for both of them to come up shiny, although the latter is really friggin' unlikely.

Last edited:

Dasdardly

Rare Occurence
13 boxes of Zorua... time to do some cleaning.

Btw, the father, which was a Lv. 1 Adamant Zorua as of 5pm today, is currently at lv. 60. Lmao.

Lulz. I have a lvl 79 Petilil from when I got my Liligant. :D
@Krishnath That would suck because you would have to choose which one you want. :/

Last edited:

pokefreak in qatar93

Turning off the DS will give you a new seed when you start your game again. This can be good or bad as it either makes it easier for you to get a shiny, or it will take longer, but since you have no way of knowing, don't sweat it. I turn off my DS when I am done playing for the day (or if I have stuff to do that may take a while), and I managed to hatch a shiny Zorua in 321 eggs.

As for your second question. No, not really. For MMing you have a 6/8192 chance for each individual egg, while with REing, you have a 1/8192 for each individual encounter, regardless of what you do, the odds never change.
Oh ok thanks ! Around 250 eggs hatched now :)

TehBrawlGuy~

Just starting to MM for a Deino/Breed for a Subway Deino. I'm pretty lucky, I got a Naive Deino already just for my Dex, and the Japanese Ditto I got happens to have a 29 Speed IV. Considering Deino is one of my favorite shinies and Hydregion will be on my Subway team, I think this a very good omen.

This is my first time breeding more than one of anything in B/W, so how do you guys hatch? Do you keep Fly on your hatching Pokemon so you can go to Skyarrow when your eggs are full? Do you return for another egg after every hatch, or only when most/all are hatched?

KalenArleth

Iridium Trainer
Small question about the MM method. If I have say a Japanese Beldum breeding with an english ditto, that should be fine; right?

KalenArleth

Iridium Trainer
yes, as long as they're from two different language versions

Awesome!

Started breeding for a shiny Beldum :D It's a shame they take so long to hatch. :(

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
^ make sure you have a Pokemon with Flame Body ability to speed it up. I use Litwick, but Larvesta is probably the best choice since you can use Fly as well.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
This is my first time breeding more than one of anything in B/W, so how do you guys hatch? Do you keep Fly on your hatching Pokemon so you can go to Skyarrow when your eggs are full? Do you return for another egg after every hatch, or only when most/all are hatched?

I just ride my Bike up and down Route 3 it doesn't have to many obstacles to worry about.

TehJimbo

Well i got a shiny Yamask last night! Nice purple and silver gleam. I have a taste for it now i wanna get more! I thought it was a really cool shiny that i havnt seen many on the site!

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
I just ride my Bike up and down Route 3 it doesn't have to many obstacles to worry about.

I do the same.

Well i got a shiny Yamask last night! Nice purple and silver gleam. I have a taste for it now i wanna get more! I thought it was a really cool shiny that i havnt seen many on the site!

Congratulations. I suggest you try your hand at MMing, the odds are better, and you can control what pokemon you get as a shiny (it doesn't work with legendaries, well, except Phione).

TehJimbo

I do the same.

Congratulations. I suggest you try your hand at MMing, the odds are better, and you can control what pokemon you get as a shiny (it doesn't work with legendaries, well, except Phione).

Its just trying to get my hands on a pesky Jap Ditto! Need to sort out my router because i dont have WEP currently so cant connect to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.