• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonAdventures149

Yeah I know pretty much all the methods, I don't have Diamond and Pearl anymore though. I honestly want to encounter one randomly, I feel it would be so much more special and then once that happens i'll start using the MM.

KevinIsADude

The Shining Beauty<3
Quick question. How do I put shiny sprites in my sig? I rather have sprites instead of typing which shinies I have.

PokemonAdventures149

I actually have a Shiny Charizard. Got him as a Charmander on GTS but I am pretty sure the guy used a action replay =/ Although, Charizard is my favorite pokemon so I don't mind as much as I usually would.

@Kevinisadude - Id love to help you but im new here as well so I don't know.

KalenArleth

Iridium Trainer
120 eggs and no Beldum :(

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
Delayed my hatching due to having to capture Volcarona. Ugh.

I needed a nice break from egg hatching, though.

Sweet. The Volcarona I captured is Adamant nature.

Last edited:

KevinIsADude

The Shining Beauty<3
Delayed my hatching due to having to capture Volcarona. Ugh.

I needed a nice break from egg hatching, though.

Sweet. The Volcarona I captured is Adamant nature.

Adamant doesn't really suit Volcarona, since it only uses Special Attacks. Modest would be a better nature for it. Other than that, congratulations.

Kur0nue

Round-a-Bound
I shall recommence my MM hunt for shiny Tynamo on the bus to Seoul tonight! <3 Hopefully I will get one en route.

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
Adamant doesn't really suit Volcarona, since it only uses Special Attacks. Modest would be a better nature for it. Other than that, congratulations.
Normally I don't really mind about the nature too much. I like to collect Adamant natured pokes though, because my name is Adam. I guess that's a stupid sense of reasoning, but meh. It works.

Back to hatching eggies.

KevinIsADude

The Shining Beauty<3
Currently at 60 eggs for shiny Snivy. WAY to early to give in. Seeing everyones at 500+ eggs gives me strength in continuing to hatch for a shiny Snivy.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
I just looked at all my snivys IV and I found one with all 6. The rest have atleast one 5 in it.

Lol. Those are its stats, not its IV's. You won't be able to tell what its IV's are at lv1, you need to level it up a little.

Here, use an IV calulator. If you want an accurate reading of your IV's, you need to keep track of your Pokemon's EV's.

EV's are 'points' that your Pokemon gain towards their stats every time they defeat another Pokemon (or if you feed them vitamins). Different Pokemon raise different stats (for example, Zubat's give 1 speed EV, Patrat give 1 attack EV, ect). Here's a list of which EV's each Pokemon give (click the links at the bottom of the page).

A Pokemon can have a max of 255 EV's in one stat, and a max of 510 EV's in total (so you can only ever max out two stats at most).

My current female Panpour that I'm breeding from has these IV's (IV's range from 0-31):
Hp: 28-31
Att: 4
Def: 27
SpA: 30
SpD: 24 - 25
Speed: 20 - 21

Currently at 1120 Panpour eggs hatched.

KalenArleth

Iridium Trainer
Woot! Just hatched my Shiny Beldum!

First ever shiny I've gotten since Gold version (not including Gyrados)

My Beldum is of a serious nature and i'm trying to think of a nickname for it. (So happy)

Azulart

Shiny Hunter
You know whats weird?

When i am hunting for shiny's i never get one, and if i am EV training or looking for a certain pokemon, a shiny pops out... Also a weird thing is, that if i see a shiny pokemon, I am feeling ill haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.