• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eevee0923

Congrats RLBM! Good thing you didn't give up. Then those 8000 SRs' would have been in vain.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
yeah i was definately going to throw in the towel by the 26th but then last night this happened:

OMG OMG OMFGGGGGGGGGG!! i can NOT believe this finally just happened!! after 19 days! over 8000 SRs
it's 2:11 in the morning i keep telling myself just one more i finally resolve to turn off my game at 2:15am and delete the info to start tomorrow a new with a new friend ID
and with only 2 more resets to go before i call it a night; SHINYYYYYYYYYYYYY TEPIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! i couldn't belive it TEPIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
i couldn't belive it
i still don't believe it! i screamed so loud my roommate thought the building was on fire
all i have to say is keep in there my fellow shiny starter SRers it has to come

Saw that earlier on and was gonna comment but I forgot :p Congrats on your new shiny starter!

Naluc

starting to get depressed; no shiny yet, and boxes are filling up. is there any other method i can use given no access to wifi? i figured if i tried searching in the wild for a shiny purrloin the shiny I did find would be something retarded like a patrat..

Last edited:

Marvs

Shinneeee!
starting to get depressed; no shiny yet, and boxes are filling up. is there any other method i can use given no acess to wifi?

You can try the SR method, save in front of the day care man when he is holding an egg then collect 5, hatch them all and SR if none shine

WaffleCopter

<-- Kamehameha!!!
it would of been a nice add if the shaking spots in the grass would shine like they do for the pokeradar, if they were shiny.

up to 100 eggs of snivy.... and i laugh everytime i stop and say, OH?
YOUR AT 100 EGGS, IT SHOULDNT BE A SURPRISE IF AN EGG IS HATCHING

Naluc

whether it's shiny or not is determined when you get it from him? I wasn't sure of that method so I was a bit hesitant about it.. but it beats having to release all these purrloin.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Ive hatched 3 shinys using it, and yes once you recieve the egg it's stats, shine, sex, everything is already generated.

Naluc

after i filled my 5th box of purrloin (officially 150 hatched now) I have turned to the SR method, hopefully that produces my shiny. I will be chooseing the 5 best purrloin from the 150 I stored as the 5 other members of my all purrloin team.

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
Well, just got around to transferring one of my japanese Ditto over from my IV gen games, as well as my shiny Grimer. Currently breeding for a shiny Petilil, 'cause Liligant is awesome. Done 20 eggs so far with the SR method.

Good luck wishes all around.

Krishnath

Dragon Lord
Wow, I have a german Suicune.

Transfered about two boxes of pokemon, many of which where legendary. Several of the legendaries where event only, such as Jirachi, Mew, and of course Celebi.

I also transfered the two shinies I had on my Soul Silver: The Gyarados, and a Pichu.

Edit: A french beldum, huh?

TehBrawlGuy~

About 65 in and no luck with shinies, although I have gotten Deino with a 31 in S.Atk and another with a 31 in Attack.

Now all I need is a Japanese Ditto with a 31 IV one one of it's attacking stats or speed. I do have one with a 28 in Speed, should I settle for that? I could get something else with a 31 Speed IV, but I want to be MMing at the same time.

Eevee0923

Oh, it's cute, there is no argument about that, it's just that some of the pokemon, espcially the event only legendaries, are really friggin difficult to catch.

Agreed. Its all in the timing and man do they jump fast.

Cinccina

Archaeologist
I need a shiny Virizion. 36 resets so far... anyone wanna take a nice guess how many more resets I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.