• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
A quick question, sorry if its a tad offtopic. Whats the easiest way to find out how many eggs you have hatched? Do you keep count manually or via the game? Ive found relying on the TV in-game hopeless as it takes forever to find out.

I keep count by using tally marks. I got the idea from someone here a while ago when I started Shiny hunting. Before I started using tally marks I would just estimate how many eggs I had hatched or I would use the counter on the Poketch. I didn't even know that you could check how many eggs you hatched in these games. I'll have to try that out sometime since it might be more helpful when it comes to counting how many eggs you've hatched via the Masuda Method.

Last edited:

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
Oh man i felt pain for you just reading that!
I wish you the best of luck one comes up soon
Haha, it happens. Thankfully, I just had a good snack so my energy is back up. And I'm watching the Zoroark movie, so that's making it a lot less painful. Just kind of bored.

LexSuicune

Feraligatr Master
Good luck on the Zorua hunt.

Man, I can't WAIT to get me a Shiny Larvesta, Shiny Volcarona is made of absolute WIN.

I love the Lila and Yellow mix.

Larv

<- Current Hunt
Well I'm kinda disappointed with my shiny Larvesta the everstone didn't work and it's a female. Oh well at least its shiny.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Well I'm kinda disappointed with my shiny Larvesta the everstone didn't work and it's a female. Oh well at least its shiny.

If it was Masuda Method, it wouldn't, the Everstone Trick is cancelled out by MM.

Gem122

<-- is mine!
I, too am searching for a shiny zorua, but unlike larv, I have only just began. Wish me luck!

KalenArleth

Iridium Trainer
I, too am searching for a shiny zorua, but unlike larv, I have only just began. Wish me luck!

I REFUSE TO WISH YOU LUCK

Just kidding, Good luck with the hunt! :D

I'm trying to decide what shiny to hunt for next...Cyndaquil, Riolu, Treecko, Misdreavus, Eevee (two of them, for shiny Umbreon and Shiny Glaceon), Growlithe, Deino, Or Shinx. SO MANY CHOICES, yet so little motivation to breed all of them XD

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
I REFUSE TO WISH YOU LUCK

Just kidding, Good luck with the hunt! :D

I'm trying to decide what shiny to hunt for next...Cyndaquil, Riolu, Treecko, Misdreavus, Eevee (two of them, for shiny Umbreon and Shiny Glaceon), Growlithe, Deino, Or Shinx. SO MANY CHOICES, yet so little motivation to breed all of them XD

I would do one of the starters or growlithe first because the eggs hatch faster then eevee eggs.

KalenArleth

Iridium Trainer
I would do one of the starters or growlithe first because the eggs hatch faster then eevee eggs.

Eh, I don't mind.
I did Beldum's a few days back, 10k steps per egg (more than Eevee) although it was like 5070 steps with Flame Body.

so Eevee isn't that bad for me XD I mean..it could be worse.

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
Eh, I don't mind.
I did Beldum's a few days back, 10k steps per egg (more than Eevee) although it was like 5070 steps with Flame Body.

so Eevee isn't that bad for me XD I mean..it could be worse.

ok then ur pick. And do you know a good nature for eevee because I like naive but don't know if thats good or not.

KalenArleth

Iridium Trainer
@355 Drilbur
@37 Litwick

What's a good nature for Litwick?

Keep it Up O.O

I'm going to suggest Mild...because it raises Sp.Atk and lowers Def. That's my theory on a good nature anyway.

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness

Icing Sugar

I haven't been lucky enough in white to RE any shiny, so now is my first time MMing a spanish Munna with my american Ditto. Wish me luck guys! ^^

Minhimalism

gotcha! :D
Just wanted to drop by and say that today was day 19 in my shiny Tepig hunt.. and on my only copy of the game as well. My 3DS and Nintendogs are scheduled to be here Tuesday, and I was really hoping to get to play Pokemon on the 3DS but I guess it'll have to be soft resets all around until I find it.

Good luck to everyone on their hunts! Congratulations on all the Masuda method shinies I can't even begin to name all of them lmao. Even greater congrats to all of the SR and RE hunts, you guys have my respect!

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
I haven't been lucky enough in white to RE any shiny, so now is my first time MMing a spanish Munna with my american Ditto. Wish me luck guys! ^^

good luck I am trying a japanese ditto with american umbreon to get eevee shiny working on trying to get the nature and gender I like first of eevee then breeding that eevee with ditto.

Gem122

<-- is mine!

Good luck! I'm only at 35 eggs for zorua, but I'm getting the hang of it!

ThousandMaster

Magic School Dropout
I managed to catch a shiny Yamask the other day. Probably going to evolve it, even though its nature isn't good enough for EV training.

On the subject of shinies in BW, though, I have a bit of a grievance I would like to air: People on the GTS negotiator need to learn what a shiny Loudred looks like. Every time I offer one they keep acting all offended, like I'm offering them crap. But that's beside the point. I have managed to get a shiny Litwick, Klink, and Elgyem from there, so those are the shiny fifth gen Pokemon I've managed to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.