• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
after i hatch 50 zorua eggss

Umbreonftw

<-- Hula
SHINY LITWICK AFTER 135 EGGS<333333
Will try to get a pic <3

CONGRATS!!!! I love love love shiny Litwick!

current shiny status: SHINE ALREADY TEPIG!!!!

Hwisun

hunting for a shiny boldore right now.. REing
also in the same area as an axew, so maybe i'll get a shiny axew too
how do you check your amount of random encounters?

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
SHINY LITWICK AFTER 135 EGGS<333333
Will try to get a pic <3

nice I am trying for a eevee only on the third egg.lol.
right now I am trying for a re shiny.

Umbreonftw

<-- Hula
hunting for a shiny boldore right now.. REing
also in the same area as an axew, so maybe i'll get a shiny axew too
how do you check your amount of random encounters?

Good luck on your hunt! And you can check your total # of random encounters on the back of your trainer card.

Tylerrules

Cloyster Trainer
Got me a Deerling RE whilst looking for a Karrablast!

Tylerrules

Cloyster Trainer
What should I go for next?

cjo

430th egg, I have my shiny Zorua! I've been hatching eggs for a week and now I have it.
The everstone didn't work, but it's naive so at least it gets a speed boost (which is what I was going for, but without the hindering sp. def.)
I will post pics later.

shatteredrose

Lololol. Yeah, I know what you mean. I wasn't box SRing for my Snivy until I hit around 600. ._.

Will someone explain to me what this box SRing is?

I've been MMing for a shiny spinarak and I've hatched 750 eggs with no luck. What I really need to know is if turning your DS off resets a shiny seed (if there is such a thing)? Because if there is....I may be getting no where...ever. Am I just supposed to leave it on, plug it in, and let it sleep when I'm not actively playing, in order to MM a shiny? Or does it not matter?

Tylerrules

Cloyster Trainer
430th egg, I have my shiny Zorua! I've been hatching eggs for a week and now I have it.
The everstone didn't work, but it's naive so at least it gets a speed boost (which is what I was going for, but without the hindering sp. def.)
I will post pics later.

Good for you!

shinny

Latest shiny <3
Oh well can't get picture but it has a timid nature and flash fire ability
Ivs could be worse I guess

HP 0 - 4
Att 0 - 4
Def 5 - 9
SpA 22
SpD 15-19
Speed 10-14

KalenArleth

Iridium Trainer

I've been MMing for a shiny spinarak and I've hatched 750 eggs with no luck. What I really need to know is if turning your DS off resets a shiny seed (if there is such a thing)? Because if there is....I may be getting no where...ever. Am I just supposed to leave it on, plug it in, and let it sleep when I'm not actively playing, in order to MM a shiny? Or does it not matter?

From what I understand of 'box SRing' I could be completely wrong btw..
Is you save, then you get five eggs from the day care man and hatch them, if none are shiny then you SR and do it again.

The whole shiny seed thing is a bit weird to me as well..but just save and turn off your game when you're having a break/not using it. and it should be all good.

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
could some one help me get a pic of shiny umbreon for my signature

Skydra

Everstones do not raise the chance of getting a shiny, they simply cause of 50% chance of the female Pokemon to pass its ability to the egg.

Box SRing is when you save before gathering eggs and hatch eggs until you have a box full of the Pokemon, then SRing. That way, in my opinion, you have a larger range to target your seed and you save box space/money.

Status
Not open for further replies.