• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammy_ham_ham

Unleash your Phantom
You get one of those calculators where hitting = makes it do the same equation again, except to the answer from the last problem, and keep adding one for every encounter.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Called my litwick lickwit... Not very original heh. Hunting my woobat now, just got egg move synchronise sorted

Hydrogen

The Dragon Master
Just wanted to let everyone know I got a shiny litwick today, timid nature and has been EV trained. He was flawless in 3 stats thanks to flawless parents, (HP, Sp. Atk, Speed) and near flawless in sp def. :)

I have no luck whatsoever with shinys in my black game! Not a single one, random, MMed, REed, etc.

If it makes you feel any better, the only shiny I've ever found that isn't scripted or from an event is a shiny Ponyta I found in SoulSilver, and I think maybe all of my luck went to it because it was Hasty with Flash Fire and has really good IVs. :p So far I haven't seen one in B/W, but I'm still trying to get one.

Well, and the shiny Machoke (that is now a Machamp) that my brother found, but he gave it to me because he couldn't care less about it. XD;

Last edited:

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Go to your trainer card, flip to the back, press the top box, scroll down.

wow i didnt know that either cool :D Guess cause i never checked my trainer card at all lol.

So i can use this for my advantage to get more shinies :D

KalenArleth

Iridium Trainer

Redstars89

Shiny Ditto Trainer
Starting at about midnight I plan on hatching an additional 400 eggs to bring the total from 900 to 1300 for charmander. Wish me luck.

Umbreonftw

<-- Hula
Starting at about midnight I plan on hatching an additional 400 eggs to bring the total from 900 to 1300 for charmander. Wish me luck.

Good luck!!! Shiny Charizard is one of my favorite shinies!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Seems to be Shiny Zorua day for everybody.

I wonder why everyone is going after Shiny Zorua. I realize that there is a lot of demand for Zorua since it's a special event Pokemon and all, but I don't think it's worth all the hype. I honestly love Zorua but I don't think its Shiny form is all-that special. Sure, some of its fur is blue but that's all it has going for it. I guess people could also be planning on evolving their Shiny Zorua but I also don't find Shiny Zoroark to be that special. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Anyway, I'm still just doing my thing in White version. I also managed to hatch about 25 eggs in Black version so I've officially started my Shiny Vulpix hunt in that game. I'm wondering what I'm going to do with all the extra Vulpix, though. I usually just toss them out but I might find other uses for them or something. But yeah, GLE.

RLBM

Also Swoobat looks awesome as a shiny the golden fur around its neck is awesome. It looks like a true fruit bat so that's what is nickname is gonna be related to, is anyone nicknaming their recent shinies?

shiny Tepig = Baquon
ebonics for bacon

I wonder why everyone is going after Shiny Zorua. I realize that there is a lot of demand for Zorua since it's a special event Pokemon and all, but I don't think it's worth all the hype. I honestly love Zorua but I don't think its Shiny form is all-that special. Sure, some of its fur is blue but that's all it has going for it. I guess people could also be planning on evolving their Shiny Zorua but I also don't find Shiny Zoroark to be that special. I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Anyway, I'm still just doing my thing in White version. I also managed to hatch about 25 eggs in Black version so I've officially started my Shiny Vulpix hunt in that game. I'm wondering what I'm going to do with all the extra Vulpix, though. I usually just toss them out but I might find other uses for them or something. But yeah, GLE.

I like shiny Zorua, it's really pretty. But I'm not going to get back on that hunt for awhile. He's waaaay too mainstream right now.
-hipster glasses-

WELL, I'm off for a bit, I'll probably do some hatching later but I don't see it likely. This hunt will be very off-on I'm sure. :T

Twilight Gallade

The Gallade of Night
I'm currently trying to get a shiny Litwick by RE. Then again, since I found a shiny Solrock a few days back, I'm not counting my blessings.

KalenArleth

Iridium Trainer
Wow, so many quick finds overnight, Congrats to all I have missed!

I am going to store like 100 eggs in the PC then mass hatch. Mienfoo is still a work in progress! Mind is refreshed~

Good luck with the Mienfoo :D

It must be the Pink Mienshao you're after?

Status
Not open for further replies.