• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zalbar

Fabio Minccino
New page so I'll ask again just in case anyone who might have an answer for me didn't read the last page...

I am considering SRing one of the Zen Form Darmanitan in the Desert resort area for a shiny.
Before I wasted my time on it though was wondering:
Does anybody know wether or not they have the no shiny flag on them?

o_O?

New page so I'll ask again just in case anyone who might have an answer for me didn't read the last page...

I am considering SRing one of the Zen Form Darmanitan in the Desert resort area for a shiny.

o_O?

Reshiram, zekrom, and Victini are the only ones with a shiny check. You'll be able to SR

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
Goddamn last night was a terrible day. Back to hatching now though. Got practically the whole day to just hatch.

I'm trying out the brightness all the way down. I'm sure it'll help preserve the battery life quite a bit. But goddamn, when will this freaking blue Zorua pop up?

Reshiram, zekrom, and Victini are the only ones with a shiny check. You'll be able to SR
Event Zorua and event Zoroark also have shiny checks on them.

Zalbar

Fabio Minccino
@Master Shake:
Awesome. Thank you very much.
Will have to start on that when I'm done MMing for my shiny Trapinch, the Litwick hunt can be post-poned now that I know shiny zen form is a do-able thing. :D

desi darling

you already know
Hullo all. :D Just started my first shiny hunt in BW! I have a huge soft spot for pogeys with flaws and disabilities so I fell in love with blind little nibbling at everything Deino instantly. ^_^ Not to mention his hip tween haircut and Joker-esque purple/green shiny color scheme.

I hope I end up with one. Only on my 5th box of hatchlings so far though. :I)

I guess my luck with shinies is average. I've only had one RE, a tentacool in the original Gold, and one successful MM shiny Cyndaquil after 12 or so boxes.

Good Luck!

I can not remember off hand what level the trio appears at however...
In HG/SS the old man called Mr.Pokémon that you get both the Togepi egg and Exp. Share from has a third gift.
In HG it is the Blue Orb from Hoenn that summons Kyogre, in SS it is the Red Orb to summon Groudon.
If you trade with some one to get both orbs there's a way for you to summon Rayquaza after you've got the pokédex entries for the other 2 legendaries.
Again, I really don't remember what level they are in those encounters, but if they do show at lvl 100 it's possible your shiny is legit.
It woul probably require SRing a good while though, and I can't imagine anyone trading a shiny like that away so... I dunno. Might be possible, however it really does seem unlikely. :/

edit: while I'm here...
Question, the Zen Mode Darmanitan statues in the Desert Resort area.
I've been considering SRing one.
Can anyone confirm if they do or do not have the no shiny flag on them for me? Just want to make sure I'm not going to be wasting my time, and I haven't found anything discussing them yet.

The trio in HG/SS are found at LV 50 so that Kyogre is a hack. Still though you're right with the dex picture. :p

It would be great to obtain an entire shiny dex in 5th gen.

I haven't continued with Axew yet. It takes too much time and I have college work to do. If I could get my mits on a non-english one that would speed things up a little. Working with a Japanese Scraggy just now.

I also printed off all the sprites of the shinies I would like to get. They are split into groups. Black shinies (pokemon that have majoritly black shinies. I think Black shinies are the best), Dragons (Collecting Dragon type shinies because they are a relatively small group plus they are cool), Birds (I've always had a fondness for birds and bird pokemon) and a general preference group of pokemon whom I like a lot and like their shinies.

As I obtain them I'll circle them on my sprite page. I thought i'd share with you, it's a good way to keep the motivation up and it's nice to see them all together.

Chibified

<--Wants Plushie of

o_O?

I hope everyone is doing well today. I really have some weird luck with shinies. *sighs*

lol, and here's your answer.

610 SRs, and wow. A nature that doesn't suck for Zen Mode use.

I thought I'd spend a lot longer, not a week on and off SRing. Still no luck on my Petilil, sad to say, but this somehow makes me feel a little better.

||Caboose||

Precision.
Under the Pokemon's Sprite in the Pokedex you should see a small J. If you see that small J, then it's Japanese.
If it's caught in 5th gen there is no Japanese Dex entry.
The trio in HG/SS are found at LV 50 so that Kyogre is a hack. Still though you're right with the dex picture :p
When you poketransfer a pokemon it doesn't show what level you caught it at, only what level it arrived it. So, it could be legit.

I'm about 5 eggs into my hunt for a shiny Archen.

Chibified

<--Wants Plushie of
Hey! Not my fault it decided to shine! I was about to SR again until I noticed it was odd-colored!

Larv

<- Current Hunt
I hope everyone is doing well today. I really have some weird luck with shinies. *sighs*

lol, and here's your answer.

610 SRs, and wow. A nature that doesn't suck for Zen Mode use.

I thought I'd spend a lot longer, not a week on and off SRing. Still no luck on my Petilil, sad to say, but this somehow makes me feel a little better.

You seem to get shinies every other day or so. Anyways congrats.

I'm still hatching Tepigs, at 631 eggs so far.

Caboose said:
When you poketransfer a pokemon it doesn't show what level you caught it at, only what level it arrived it. So, it could be legit.

BrettvG said:
I would keep it but it was caught at lvl 100 in Johto so release time.
I was going by that :p I do not know what transferred pre fifth gen pokes say since I have none on my White.

But if what Caboose says is true then it may well be legit =3

If you're not 100% happy with it then I suggest trading it here. Shiny legends go for a pretty good deal.

Icing Sugar

If you're not 100% happy with it then I suggest trading it here. Shiny legends go for a pretty good deal.
And what if it's indeed hacked? He could get a ban for that...

OT: I'm starting to think that the little pink ice cream really hates me ;_; yesterday I hatched a lot of eggs but still no luck :/

desi darling

you already know
Only on your fifth box? @-@ I couldn't fill one if I tried, I'm so lazy for MM.

:eek:

Some pokes are worth it. :D I actually find it more tedious to get into battle after battle looking for REs.. I've got the repetitive motion of hatching eggs down so well I can watch tv at the same time. :U

Btw! Everstone'd the domestic male so my shiny Hydreigon can make up for his base speed stat. Hopefully I get decent IVs so I can use him on my team. I'll call him Mister J. ^__^

Hwisun

After 4000+ RE for Boldore, I gave up. I was wondering, how do you guys get a foreign Ditto for MM'ing? I wanna try the MM, but I'm not too sure on how to get one.

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
After 4000+ RE for Boldore, I gave up. I was wondering, how do you guys get a foreign Ditto for MM'ing? I wanna try the MM, but I'm not too sure on how to get one.
Probably far easier to get a foreign Roggenrola and breed it with an English one.

drothagreat0ne

If it's caught in 5th gen there is no Japanese Dex entry.

Actually, if it's caught in the 5th Gen game and is a 5th Gen Pokemon, it won't have a foreign dex entry (if it's caught from another language game, of course). If it's a Pokemon from any other gen, it'll have a foreign dex entry regardless of which game it was caught in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.