• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bushie

i just got a lvl 31 shiny spheal i think its legit i am willing to trade for a starter besides squirtle

desi darling

you already know
Yeah, but it's hard looking for Japanese Pokemon without people demanding atrocious trades.
Edit: Or any foreign Pokemon for that matter.

Really? :0 Usually it's not too hard for me to get foreign pokes on gts. Offering a female starter from my endless MM boxes eventually gets me what I'm looking for.

I even had a super nice person from serebii forums trade me japanese starters asking nothing in exchange. :) so yeah, you might be able to find them on the trade thread.

Deruk

Man, today I decided to get a lilipup and breed it so I can get five lilipups with the ability pickup(hint hint). The first egg I hatch is a shiny. Shiny lilipup ftw!

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
Man, today I decided to get a lilipup and breed it so I can get five lilipups with the ability pickup(hint hint). The first egg I hatch is a shiny. Shiny lilipup ftw!

lucky.
I got a gigalith that is shiny in a trade but I know it's a hack:(

Hwisun

Really? :0 Usually it's not too hard for me to get foreign pokes on gts. Offering a female starter from my endless MM boxes eventually gets me what I'm looking for.

I even had a super nice person from serebii forums trade me japanese starters asking nothing in exchange. :) so yeah, you might be able to find them on the trade thread.

Huh, I guess I just have bad luck. I've only tried Serebii and some other forum so far. I tried getting on the GTS many, many times without luck. It's not letting me connect for some odd reason. Well, I guess I could breed some female starters and offer those around to people.

*Murkrow

Bird trainer
I'm still hatching Rufflet. Soft resetting every five was beginning to feel tedious so now I'm boxing the hatched ones and replacing them with eggs upto a maximum of 35 hatchlings (30 in one box, 5 in my party). Then I SR. I'll also SR early if I hatch all my eggs before the next one is generated. One advantage and disadvantage of this is that my total jumps up as opposed to edging along slowly. It feels like I'm hatching more (though obviously I'm not) but seeing the number getting higher and higher is a little depressing.

Currently at 2,606 hatched. I'm going to do another hour or so tonight. I'm hoping Rufflet shines before 3,000.

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
SR works for getting a shiny pokemon?

@Ropav I know. Funny thing is I don't like lilipup. Its a win-lose XD

yeah sr works for a shiny.I don't like most shiny forms of pokemon,I just think they are cool to have.

Deruk

^ew.

Also got a shiny gyrados but it says it "apparently arrived at lv. 31."

while the salamence I also have ends it with "after a long travel through time."

Is this a real shiny Gyra?

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
^ew.

while the salamence I also have ends it with "after a long travel through time."

Possibly. It could have been transferred at Lv. 31. It's only a one level difference so there's a decent chance.

Depends on what you traded for it I guess. If the person wanted something easily breedable...

I agree with confusious.hows your egg hatching going by the way.
Terribly.

Ultimate Glalie

^ew.

Pokemon that have "after a long travel through time" on their Summary come from Gen 3 games, while Pokemon that don't have that come from Gen 4 games. That Gyarados is probably legit, since it probably came from the Lake of Rage in HG/SS.

BLUE-MEW

What is existence?
THE POSTCOUNT, ITS OVER 9000!!!

lol, somone had to make the joke eventually :p

no luck on any of my shiny hunts, about 500 eggs of each

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
Terribly.

It can't be that bad.I really need to put a limit on how many pokemon I transfer.I am doing 106 right nowfor someone else.I have a shiny bravairy.blue looks so much cooler then red.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Possibly. It could have been transferred at Lv. 31. It's only a one level difference so there's a decent chance.

Depends on what you traded for it I guess. If the person wanted something easily breedable...

Terribly.

So you feel better, I am also having little luck!

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
So you feel better, I am also having little luck!
Doesn't really make me feel all that better. :p

It can't be that bad.I really need to put a limit on how many pokemon I transfer.I am doing 106 right nowfor someone else.I have a shiny bravairy.blue looks so much cooler then red.
-points to roughly 5230 eggs hatched count-

Off topic, but, I have both Black and White. Can I play White on the same DS without the Black save peacing out? I'm a little nervous to do so just because of that, as silly as it sounds.

Hwisun

Off topic, but, I have both Black and White. Can I play White on the same DS without the Black save peacing out? I'm a little nervous to do so just because of that, as silly as it sounds.

Yeah, it's no problem. The save files are on the chip itself, not on the DS.

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness

yea I know lots of eggs.don't you get bored.I know I do with my transfering.
I traded a victini for a shiny scraggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.