• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
Interesting. I just hatched five female Zorua's. What's the changes of that happening? I sure hope that super luck powder works though.

That's how I feel as well. I take it personally when this game thinks it has me in a corner.

**** that, I'll beat it eventually, and it'll be worth it!

I don't think so. If the zoura is as equally as stubborn as you it won't happen.lol

DarkAngel

Beginning Trainer
Now I'm going to start to Mm Cottonee :)

Zalbar

Fabio Minccino
I don't think so. If the zoura is as equally as stubborn as you it won't happen.lol

aarrrg.
don't say that!
I'm over 2k eggs on my Trapinch hunt, and the only things keeping me going are stubborness and people like Con who've gone 5k or more before getting thiers. >.<

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Still trying 2 hatch that horsea egg...400+ eggs n still counting...seeing that beautiful shiny horsea is wonderful sight to see...need all the luck to hatch it...i wish i had some shiny starters for ya but i only have my black shiny charizard that not up for trade in my platinum version...im sure someone will trade one though...

ArcanineTrainer

Shiny Hunter
This appeared on my Japanese White version:

ShinyMagikarpMedium.jpg

DSC00719.jpg

DSC00722.jpg

Here is the video, another live encounter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1prNuXNn2Q

This shiny appeared while hatching Magikarp and doing some REs in Pinwheel Forest. The everstone trick worked, so she has an Adamant nature! I was using the MM and SRing for the eggs. I hatched 1,147 eggs on my Platinum version in November, then hatched 1,325 eggs on my White when she appeared.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
aarrrg.
don't say that!
I'm over 2k eggs on my Trapinch hunt, and the only things keeping me going are stubborness and people like Con who've gone 5k or more before getting thiers. >.<
don't give up!...if u really want that shiny trapinch...here a hint are u using the musada method?...it seems like ur doin it the hard way?...but wish u luck though...:573:

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
aarrrg.
don't say that!

sorry buddy I am just was trying to get con to yell at his zouras to not be stubborn.I hate being to busy with my transfer service to hatch my eevees.

Darkrai619

Pokemon Veteran
help me out who has a charizard thats shiny

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
This appeared on my Japanese White version:

ShinyMagikarpMedium.jpg

DSC00719.jpg

DSC00722.jpg

Here is the video, another live encounter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1prNuXNn2Q

This shiny appeared while hatching Magikarp and doing some REs in Pinwheel Forest. The everstone trick worked, so she has an Adamant nature! I was using the MM and SRing for the eggs. I hatched 1,147 eggs on my Platinum version in November, then hatched 1,325 eggs on my White when she appeared.

Congrats on the shiny magikarp...hope my shiny horsea comes soon...i will be so happy when that day comes...:620:

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
help me out who has a charizard thats shiny
Sorry wish i could but its not for trade...it took me 600+ eggs and a week to hatch that baby...wish i could help...try hatchin the egg with them musada method by obtaining a foriegn charmander or ditto and breed them to get a shiny...it work wonders for me...tryin to hatch a shiny horsea now in black...sorry...hope that helps...

Zalbar

Fabio Minccino
@ropav: yeah, I know. You'll get some free time eventually though. Just decline to do you switching for a day or 2. :/

@eeveelover824:
Yeah, I am. Started w/ a jap ditto and a female trapinch I hatched myself. Ditto is adament, holding everstone.
Egg production was kind of slowing down though, not sure why, so I hunted around and got a german trapinch, put it in there instead with one of the adament males I hatched from the ditto pairing (it's now holding the everstone) and they're kicking out eggs REALLY freaking fast.

@ArcanineTrainer:
Grats on the yellow Magikarp! :D

@the guy who wants a shiny charmander:
Go ask in the charmander trade thread, this thread is just for discussing shinies, not for trading them.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
So just to confirm if i transferred my japanese horsea from my platinum and breed with a english horsea in black to make a shiny egg...it should still work right?...

Yes, the Masuda Method would kick in and the offspring would have a higher chance of being Shiny.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
@ropav: yeah, I know. You'll get some free time eventually though. Just decline to do you switching for a day or 2. :/

@eeveelover824:
Yeah, I am. Started w/ a jap ditto and a female trapinch I hatched myself. Ditto is adament, holding everstone.
Egg production was kind of slowing down though, not sure why, so I hunted around and got a german trapinch, put it in there instead with one of the adament males I hatched from the ditto pairing (it's now holding the everstone) and they're kicking out eggs REALLY freaking fast.
yeah I felt the same way when i tried using ditto with my charmander in platinum it was hatchin eggs really slow n it was horriable...so i switch to a japanese charmander breeding with my english charmander and after 600+ eggs a shiny charmander pop up...it was the first and only shiny i got through the musada method...im usually a chainer but u can't do that in black anymore so i got to get into the musada method now...I do wish you luck though...;487;

VanilluxeSundae

W/ Chocolate Syrup!
Just wondering guys, what's the shortest amount of time you all have spent on a MM shiny hunt before your poke shined for you?

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
Yes, the Masuda Method would kick in and the offspring would have a higher chance of being Shiny.
thanks for the help...i was hatch almost 400+ eggs already n no shiny yet so i was startin to be doubtful that i should quit but you gave me the spirit to keep goin...;077;

nahcmo

Retired Poké Chainer
Just wondering guys, what's the shortest amount of time you all have spent on a MM shiny hunt before your poke shined for you?

4-5 hours, 119 eggs.

But currently.... 2+ weeks and 1800+ eggs in my hunt for Joltik.

Been trading shinies all day. Definitely a refreshing break from MMing. :)

I've hatched over a 1000 eggs via masuda method so far in search for shiny Drilbur but have not had any success :(

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter

shiny charmander 682 eggs that i can remember...only shiny from mm...:573:

Status
Not open for further replies.