• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onyx Umeki

Mrph...how impudent.
...Still random encountering... outside victory road and Im not sure how many I have, but been at it lazily all day for the past week or so

Squirtlemasterr

Just got a fresh hatched Shiny Pawniard! I'll put up a pic in the morning. Byyyaahh!!

KevinIsADude

The Shining Beauty<3
I want to snuggle in Caitlin's bed with Skyla and Elesa. Caitlin can gtfo with that huge amount of hair.

On topic: hatching Zorua's now. Got about 13 boxes of eggs. Hooray?

I really want to hunt shiny Snivy. Sooooooooooo bad.

NEVAR! YOU CAN NEVER LAY IN THE SAME BED AS ELESA! She's mine >:T

On topic: I'm taking a short break from my shiny Purrloin in my White. Currently REing for a shiny Blitzle in my Black. I hope it goes better than my Purrloin.

Last edited:
YES! Finally after 1,170 hatches via mm i have a shiny drilbur!!

It just hatches as the color, but it would be pretty awesome if it did

AwesomeTree

It doesn't do the noise; it just hatches normally. You'll still be able to tell that the Pokemon is Shiny, however.

Unless if you have the sound turned down, tired and not focusing well. P:

If you release a shiny by accident, would the shiny seen number in the Pokedex under forms go away? I doubt anyone would be that stupid to release a shiny, but anything can happened under the influence of a lack of sleep, and you think you released the shiny Charmander you've been at wit's end about.

Ultimate Glalie

If you release a shiny by accident, would the shiny seen number in the Pokedex under forms go away? I doubt anyone would be that stupid to release a shiny, but anything can happened under the influence of a lack of sleep, and you think you released the shiny Charmander you've been at wit's end about.
No, it wouldn't.

soooooo I've reached the 700 egg mark for shiny litwick. and i've already tried 4,607 REs =___= im getting annoyed.

KevinIsADude

The Shining Beauty<3
Gunna hafta kick me off first. -Points to my location-

Btw.. what do I have to draw gain? I lost the posts. x___e

'Twas Elesa with shiny Emolga and Zebstrika.

DarkAngel

Beginning Trainer
I'm going to fill my boxes with eggs then mass hatching but I also leave 1 egg on party to hatch at a time while harvesting egg and deposit once hatched. So far 1 and 1/2 box full of eggs and 1 box full of hatched cottonee. My feebas took awhile around 860 and with left over of 2 boxes eggs. I was chatting to my friends and to my surprise when I look on my ds it was a shiny feebas. I usually do some manga reading or watching anime while hatching. Hopefully my cottonee will take less hatching.

KevinIsADude

The Shining Beauty<3
Well, I just whipped out my other ds. Will keep hatching in hopes of a shiny female Purrloin in White, and REing for a shiny Blitzle in Black. I hope one of them pops out with a shiny.

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
Anybody elses Wi-Fi completely messed up? Is my other DSi interfering with it somehow? It is an absolute pain for me to connect on GTS for the past two days.

Zalbar

Fabio Minccino
Uhg hatching is getting more tedious everytime I go do it.

Con: I've been having problems with the gts too. Usually no connection issues at all here but since Friday any time I hit the GTS I get kicked off about once or twice a minute.

Know it's not on my end either, because I'm keeping full bars with anything else I do involving a wi-fi connection.

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
Uhg hatching is getting more tedious everytime I go do it.

Con: I've been having problems with the gts too. Usually no connection issues at all here but since Friday any time I hit the GTS I get kicked off about once or twice a minute.

Know it's not on my end either, because I'm keeping full bars with anything else I do involving a wi-fi connection.
Thanks for letting me know. Yeah, the same thing happens to me. Sometimes it works fine, but 85% of the time it'll kick me off.

I agree, I'm pretty annoyed with hatching. Been doing it so long that my battling skill is really low. I keep losing in the battle subway. >_>

Kur0nue

Round-a-Bound
Look who finally decided to join the party! :D
2011-04-10185232.jpg

2011-04-10185412.jpg

2011-04-10185443.jpg

She is female, which is a little unfortunate, but I am still happy! Nature is decent considering she has the egg move Earth Power and will be more of a special attacker, and she has Swift Swim! <3

EDIT:
OMFG. I just started on my next MM hunt on White (still hunting Tynamo on Black...no luck) and this shows up almost immediately!
2011-04-10204030.jpg

He is modest (ugh, horrible nature) but he showed up so quickly that I kinda don't really care! :D

Last edited:

Nakashima

Question about MM method..

If I have a game that on the cartridge says something like: xxx-xxxx-EUR, would trading a ditto over from one that says: xxx-xxxx-USA be considered a foreign ditto, or would it still be domestic since theyre both english games?

Ultimate Glalie

Question about MM method..

If I have a game that on the cartridge says something like: xxx-xxxx-EUR, would trading a ditto over from one that says: xxx-xxxx-USA be considered a foreign ditto, or would it still be domestic since theyre both english games?
No, that wouldn't work for the MM. The two Pokemon you're breeding have to be of different languages.

Status
Not open for further replies.