• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nahcmo

Retired Poké Chainer
Mass hatching is great I think. Only part that sucks is getting all those eggs.

Hatched 4 boxes worth today, and no shiny Purrloin.
I did however turn up a 30/30/23/31/23/30 Jolly Purrloin, so hype hype hype.

Ahh I see. I might try this. How does one go about with this method? Some times my first egg hatches before I even get the second egg lol.

Do I deposit an egg immediately after I get it? Or is there a certain way to do this?

Thanks!

Just hatched my first shiny in White version! It's a shiny adamant natured Axew. It took so long but I'd say no more than 400 eggs. I wish I knew how to check its IVs.

Congrats! Must have taken awhile to hatch all those Axew's. :0

MegaJonZero

Pokemon Master
Yeah I spent many hours just trying to stockpile the eggs in the PC let alone hatch them all. I still have about 70 eggs I need to hatch but I'm too pumped to train my Axew to hatch them yet. What got me through all the days of hatching with no results was this thread. I read every page up to about 300 so I didn't lose hope. Thanks everyone for being motivational.

pokemasterfox

The Dark Avenger
so, uh.....this mass hatching thing.....its where you have one egg and you soft reset every time its not a shiny? im confused.....someone please pm me with details

Thanks! It has a mischievous subnature which is the only crappy part but I couldn't be more thrilled to move on to a different shiny hunt. That Judge NPC says its stats are above average while he said my EV trained Haxorus is decent. Time to train for now!

Not to deflate your spirits, but that's actually pretty crappy as far as IVs are concerned. Relatively Superior and Outstanding are the ratings you want.

pokemasterfox

The Dark Avenger
While im waiting for info on the mm thing with eggs.....i remember my shiny fearow had outstanding stats....back in dp anyways.....but what are you going to do with a fearow??

pokemasterfox

The Dark Avenger
mayhaps that is true.....but my fearow in dp is a disgusting sickly green color...its like shes not shiny, but just has the flu.....and will someone give me details on how to get a shiny from the eggs that you're all talking about?

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
mayhaps that is true.....but my fearow in dp is a disgusting sickly green color...its like shes not shiny, but just has the flu.....and will someone give me details on how to get a shiny from the eggs that you're all talking about?

Eh, Fearow's color really depends on your point of view. It was green gen II, gold gen III, the gold with a greenisj hue gens IV and V.

Here's something to think about, my brother refuses to evolve his shiny Slugma since he thinks shiny Magcargo looks weird, thoughts?

Zalbar

Fabio Minccino
@Pokemasterfox:
PM sent regarding the hatching processes.
As far as how to get a shiny egg, diligence, patience, a stubborn attitude, and luck.

Every egg has a 1/8192 chance of being shiny.
Most of us are using the "Masuda Method" however. By breeding with a pokemon from a forgien language version of the game the chances increase to 6/8192, or *roughly* 1 in 2000 and change.

So by taking say a german seadra, and a domestic horsea you've just increased your odds of getting a shiny horsea by a crap ton.
We just keep hatching them until one pops, some peopleget really lucky and have thier egg shine in a single day others... might take weeks/months.

@Pokemasterfox:
As far as how to get a shiny egg, diligence, patience, a stubborn attitude, and luck.

Most of us are using the "Masuda Method" however. By breeding with a pokemon from a forgien language version of the game the chances increase to 6/8192, or *roughly* 1 in 2000 and change.

So by taking say a german seadra, and a domestic horsea you've just increased your odds of getting a shiny horsea by a crap ton.
We just keep hatching them until one pops, some peopleget really lucky and have thier egg shine in a single day others... might take weeks/months.

More like 1 in 1365

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
@Pokemasterfox:

man you are catching up with confusious in eggs.tomorrow is my break from poketransfering so I am going to hatch eggs like crazy.

Zalbar

Fabio Minccino
More like 1 in 1365

Really? I must have read wrong then.
Could've sorn it was around 2200-2300.
Ah well, I can't be right al the time.
Thanks for correcting my mistake. :)

@Ropav:
T_T
Thanks buddy.
Appreciate the optimesim & support.
lol

(Actually you're kinda right, he's still outpacing me by a long shot, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm hunting after my own white whale. :( )

Ropav

Howls of Loneliness
Really? I must have read wrong then.
Could've sorn it was around 2200-2300.
Ah well, I can't be right al the time.
Thanks for correcting my mistake. :)

@Ropav:
T_T
Thanks buddy.
Appreciate the optimesim & support.
lol

(Actually you're kinda right, he's still outpacing me by a long shot, but I'm starting to wonder if I'm hunting after my own white whale. :( )

your welcome.lol

FlowAndEbb

Beginning Breeder
I filled two boxes with eggs today and will fill about two more before I mass hatch I think. I'm at 164 eggs not counting the ones in my PC.

idonteven

today I decided to switch from litwick and MM for a shiny solosis, hatched 4 boxes and hoping to hatch the 5th box before I go to bed, wish me luck!

KevinIsADude

The Shining Beauty<3
Man. Work has really slowed me down in my shiny female Purrloin hunt. I just hope it would shine soon or on my days off. I really want to move onto my next target ;_;.

Off topic: Decided to restart my SS and SRing for a Totodile.

So I've decided to hunt for a shiny i'm not seeing too much of, which is going to be shiny Audino! Going to hunt it via masuda and i've already got about two boxes so far.
By the way i have an audino from France so that will work for masuda right? I know it's foreign but i'm just making sure.....)

Hedgehog325

So I decided to stop hatching my eggs asap, and to start mass hatching them... and now I'm not getting any eggs from the day-care man. hmm...

KevinIsADude

The Shining Beauty<3
So I decided to stop hatching my eggs asap, and to start mass hatching them... and now I'm not getting any eggs from the day-care man. hmm...

Doesn't really make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.