• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernLord

YES! LITWICK YOU ARE MINE! AARRRGGHHARRHAARRARAR! HAHAHAHAHHA!

Finally! 5290 REs and 5 days after the shiny hunt commenced, I found it alright! Too bad my modest synch failed, but at least I got a +sp.atck. nature for it, so I'm not complaining at all.

Pictures:

Ahh I'm so happy now. I can't believe this. I've been so lucky this last week. First I found pokerus, and now I found two shinies in less than 8000REs. I found a shiny zubat yesterday too (in my platinum), so I got two shinies within my last 1200 REs. YES! The chances of that are 0,93%.

Zubat:

Ahh my quest is complete. Now I may finally continue my playthrough through pokemon black with a wonderful shiny litwick -> shiny lampent -> shiny chandelure. Guess Darmanitan goes back on the box - sadly >_<

Wo0t! :D Added together, I did very close to 8000 REs.

@silver2010,
Congrats with green Deino. Are you going to train it? Or is it just a trophy?

@pokemasterfox
Congrats on the Darmanitan :p I would never been able to do that last trade (referring to Darkrai for shiny Darmanitan) – they're both too sacred to me.

Last edited:

silver2010

I will train my green deino even tho calm isn't great I only use it in game. But bearing in mind it will take a while to level up probably won't do it til after main story and who knows by then might av a few more to train with her.

There's a few older gen pokemon I wana mm for but can't access them so that's a pain! But I still got a few gen v I can go after not least tynamo and tepig who I've quit 2 times each on lol

pandakabob

Pokemon Collector
The day before yesterday I was lamenting about the time in Platinum I ran into a shiny Graveler, who decided to use self-desctruct (noooes) before I threw out a ball.. and the two days straight I spent hatching scraggys earlier in the week...

Then randomly hatched a shiny spiritomb while breeding one for a trade! ~dance~

I'm not too interested in the shiny experience but it felt really good to finally produce one myself :)

Umbreon's Girl

Scolipede!!!
I just skipped out on one of the eggs from the Day-Care Man >_< that could of been shiny Pansage maybe it could have not been it but now i'll never know T^T mi...ju

Ani511MS.png
:i think 300+

I did the same thing with my Carvanha. I was so mad thinking that was probably the shiny egg. But I ended up getting my shiny probably twenty eggs later so that made me feel a lot better. Of course now I pay extra special attention to what buttons I'm pushing when I'm receiving an egg because I'm not letting myself do that again.

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
Well no i'm speeding up the hatch time with the powers from the Entralink because i gotta make up for my loss shiny Pansage will be mines miju!

Join in on what if you see this edit Tigersaur?

Last edited:

Tigersaur

Dragon Trainer
hey guys! i would like to join in! :)

Samus_Aran

Gardevoir Fanboy
Well, hatched 1176
280s.gif
eggs, but I got one from a trade shortly thereafter, so I'm switching to MMing for a Shiny
610s.gif

Nakashima

Grats on the new shinies =]

I have just hatched my 1000th egg for shiny solosis.
Still no luck.
This really isnt a nice welcome to the Masuda Method at all =/ Getting really annoying.

Aegon

I hatched my 840th Tepig egg earlier. Still no shiny. I won't give up! Especially since Nakashima has hatched one thousand eggs! Competition! :p

NorthernLord

I'm sure it hatches really soon, Mew_ :) Good luck with that.

I'm doing as haunter, I'll take a break from the shiny hunting for a while. I'm going to join in on the pinwheel hunt, though. I will only do 500 encounters there, but seen as I will be dual RE-ing with my platinum, the chances of finding something shiny do excist.

BTW added shiny chandelure to my future team sig. It's actually not much a future team, seen as I already have 5/6 of the pokemon there. Only need to evolve litwick. omg I love u litwick!! :D

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I resumed my Shiny Kyurem hunt and I managed to pull another 100 or so soft resets this morning. I would've focused more on the hunt yesterday, but I wasn't feeling up to the task. I also hatched another 40 Yanma eggs yesterday night and another 30 or so this morning, but nothing has hatched so far. The good news is that even though nothing Shiny has appeared in my games, I've been able to obtain tons of other Shinies from other people via trades. It's not the same as getting them yourself, but it works fine enough. Goodluck to everyone else on their hunts.

EQWashu

Master Pokéwitch
I was farming for EV feathers, and guess what?
580.png

Lucky Ducklett! ;) lol

I found my Solosis a similar way. I was hunting for Solosis to trade for Black-Only pokemon like Cottonee and Gothita. I went into the Dark grass, and 2 Solosis popped up! The one on the left was a girl, and the one on the right was a shiny boy! It was actually pretty cool to see them side by side like that :)

I'll start my adventure into MMing soon. in the meantime, I'll try my luck RE'ing Litwick, since I have a boxload of Pokemon who need their Special Attack stats brought up :) Then I'll try to get a Shiny Zekrom! I can get Zekrom to be shiny from the encounter at N's Castle right? I'm under the weather today and my eyes are playing tricks on me, so I'm unsure if I read the FAQ correctly :p

The Best of luck and Happy Hunting everyone!

-EQ, soon-to-be owner of Leaf Blade DW Farfetch'd, successful Poison Fang Poochyena hunter, and wishing she could get another DS so she could bring her Sinnoh/Johto Pokemon over to Unova (including her 2 Arceus, 3 Shaymin, 2 Celebi, Event Darkrai, a boxful of shinies including a prized Mismagius she got unexpectantly in a WFC trade, and a stable of Spiritomb & Rotom she bred for trading *bawls*

Qwerty8181

Wanderer of Regions
ah... no. zekrom has a shiny lock on it (along with the event zorua and zoroark)

Status
Not open for further replies.