• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dukedudez

...Loves God
Nah, don't worry. Changing the Pokemon in the Daycare will have no effect on your progress. The only thing that would have an impact would be resetting the game, as it would generate a new seed. (Or possibly turning on/off the C-Gear). And even then, you'll just have a different frame you'll need to hit.

When you turn on the game it does not specify that you will need to hatch X amount of eggs to get a Shiny. It's more like every egg you hatch has X chance of being Shiny.

Good luck! :)

Thanks a bunch! I just replaced my ditto with a female modest omanyte holding an everstone because apparently modest is a good nature for an omastar. I'll hopefully find my shiny faster and I actually want to find it now because I realized that Omastar is actually pretty decent. I'm at about 300 eggs now from my omastar and ditto and hopefully I'll find my shiny soon.

Aegon

Well, while I was trying for a shiny Snivy...I didn't expect one in less than 40 eggs. I was still breeding for a Timid-natured one, and oops.....here he is! Mild-natured, def not perfect, but far from bad IMO. And YES....that is the plush Snivy my wife got for me from TRU...lol. I know, I'm a 29-year old man with a stuffed grass snake from a video game....don't judge me! :p
Haha! Congratulations! Well, your wife doesn't seem to think it's weird, so that's a major bonus. :p

Seeing people get shinies in less than forty eggs kills me. (;

InfernapeIsAwesome

Wow I have never had a RE hunt this long before....4900 REs so far for my Roggenrola/Woobat. I guess it's not so bad since the encounter rate is 1/8192...

But I listen to Flight of the Conchords while I hunt so it keeps me upbeat! :p

Time_2_Shine

<-- Next Target
Off topic a bit, but if you want your 4th Gen pokes transferred over you could try the Poketransfer thread in the Trade Forum. There are a few people who'll do it for you for free. Of course it's a bit risky having a stranger transfer your pokes for you, but it's an option if you've only got one DS.

Thanks for the luck! :) Actually, if you want to activate the event, you need to use the Relocator with the Shiny Beasts or Celebi. The poketransfer system WILL NOT activate the event. Just want to clarify that before you make a big mistake ;) Just finished filling up my third box of eggs, on to the fourth! (of course I have like 15 boxes full of them total)
Edit: Oh, but if you are talking about regular 4th gen pokemon, then yes, you need to use the poketransfer system.

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Well, while I was trying for a shiny Snivy...I didn't expect one in less than 40 eggs. I was still breeding for a Timid-natured one, and oops.....here he is! Mild-natured, def not perfect, but far from bad IMO. And YES....that is the plush Snivy my wife got for me from TRU...lol. I know, I'm a 29-year old man with a stuffed grass snake from a video game....don't judge me! :p
Snivy.jpg

I'm judging.

Coming from the 26-year old man with a plush Totoro. Nah, big congrats dude! I'm still working on Cobalion.... :(

Quezy

I have given up on larvesta because I have finally gotten a female drought vulpix with a timid nature! :'D Time to MM for a shiny vulpix.

pkmnfn

DW Breeder
A little off topic, but can anybody suggest something to do while MM'ing? I've tried various things, but they are either too boring, or don't let me concentrate on my game... I've MM'd a shiny Golett in 23 eggs, so that didn't take too much effort, but I'm trying for litwick now, and I think that it's going to take a lot longer...

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
Oh i like doodles miju ^^

Gonna give up the pansage and go to my true calling Oshawott!!!

Edit: Watch youtube videos listen to music..or watch re-run of your favorite show.

Time_2_Shine

<-- Next Target
PinkPalkia, how about a shiny Zorua hatching out of an egg? Or some sort of shiny pokemon hatching? I don't know, but I like the idea! :) All this talk of the RNG and seeds has gotten me a bit confused and I will just believe what I have been taught... lol good luck everyone!

Klinny

Skitty Chaser
A little off topic, but can anybody suggest something to do while MM'ing? I've tried various things, but they are either too boring, or don't let me concentrate on my game... I've MM'd a shiny Golett in 23 eggs, so that didn't take too much effort, but I'm trying for litwick now, and I think that it's going to take a lot longer...

The only thing that works for me is talking to other people, (either in person or online) or hanging out on the forums. I've tried listening to music, watching TV, playing other games, etc but I find that I get distracted and can't concentrate on either.

So if you have a friend who will put up with your constant MMing or REing and will let you play while he/she watches TV/plays a game, well that works wonders for me.. XD

pkmnfn

DW Breeder
The only thing that works for me is talking to other people, (either in person or online) or hanging out on the forums. I've tried listening to music, watching TV, playing other games, etc but I find that I get distracted and can't concentrate on either.

So if you have a friend who will put up with your constant MMing or REing and will let you play while he/she watches TV/plays a game, well that works wonders for me.. XD

Thanks... I'll b sure to try that...

Aegon

Already drew a shiny Charizard. :[ Any other suggestions?
Shiny Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott with Hilbert and Hilda (*Shudders at terrible names*). Or with Cheren and Bianca! :p
Thanks for the luck! :) Actually, if you want to activate the event, you need to use the Relocator with the Shiny Beasts or Celebi. The poketransfer system WILL NOT activate the event. Just want to clarify that before you make a big mistake ;)
Where did you read that? That doesn't really make sense. The Poké Transfer doesn't change a Pokémon at all. . .

PinkPalkia

Artiste Forme.

Shiny Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott with Hilbert and Hilda (*Shudders at terrible names*). Or with Cheren and Bianca! :p

Where did you read that? That doesn't really make sense. The Poké Transfer doesn't change a Pokémon at all. . .

There's a reason why the Relocator is different from PokeTransfer. And the transferring of events to activate events is that reason. PokeTransfer doesn't change a Pokemon, it's because of the event Pokes' status as special event Pokes that Relocator is needed, which I also think is a stupid idea. :p

Marvs said:
Hmm, a shiny Terrakion cooking marshmallows over a campfire?

Someone loves their cowboy scenes. o3o

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.