• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Yea, but older gens didn't need a cheating device. I know the last gen used the GTS.

nahcmo

Retired Poké Chainer
Personally, I have absolutely no issues with cloning as it encourages players to trade their shinies with others. Not many people will be willing to let go of their hard earned shinies if they don't ever get to see it again. There'll only be Pokemon with bad natures and IV's floating around because everyone is holding onto their good natured/flawless shinies. In other words, cloning helps players expand their shiny (or any other) collection much easier; it promotes sharing.

Of course, there are people who are against cloning and whatnot (i.e. they don't want your clone of a Pokemon even though it's the exact same thing as one wouldn't be able to tell the "original" from a "clone" anyways). *shrugs* To each their own I guess.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
This appeared after 20,511 REs on my Japanese White:

DSC00818.jpg

DSC00821.jpg

DSC00822.jpg

Here is the live encounter video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK2oQ1ilt_8

He has a Lax nature (+Def, -SpD) and he has the following IVs:
HP: 24 - 29
Att: 7 - 13
Def: 10 - 16
SpA: 17 - 23
SpD: 17 - 23
Speed: 0 - 3
Ive watched most of your videos. now i know what your username is. just have to find abenzios....

EDIT:Where is the next place we r RE'ing?

Is it pinwheel forest?

Last edited:

Zombomb

A couple more questions

Hey guys, I'm sorry if these questions are off topic here, but I have a question about EV training. I know there is a 10-item boosting limit (by item I mean Protein, Iron, etc. not feathers) to raise EVs, but does that apply to all stats or just one? As in, could I give my poke 10 Proteins and 10 Irons?
And my second question is about MMing. Could you breed two genderless pokemon (Like two Metagross for a beldum) or do you have to use a ditto? I heard the latter, but I just want clarification. Thanks guys!

Totodile310

<-- Hatched !
So after taking a break from MM'ing to get some things done and to get in some hardcore "MK" time, after 124 eggs . . .

Tepig2.jpg
Tepig1.jpg
Couldn't be better.
Male, Everstone stuck so I got my Modest Nature and Capable of Taking Hits.
So excited, my all Shiny Team is now half finished!

Next on the list, Shiny Snivy.

Grats to all on your shinies and Good Luck to all those hunting.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Personally, I have absolutely no issues with cloning as it encourages players to trade their shinies with others. Not many people will be willing to let go of their hard earned shinies if they don't ever get to see it again. There'll only be Pokemon with bad natures and IV's floating around because everyone is holding onto their good natured/flawless shinies. In other words, cloning helps players expand their shiny (or any other) collection much easier; it promotes sharing.

Of course, there are people who are against cloning and whatnot (i.e. they don't want your clone of a Pokemon even though it's the exact same thing as one wouldn't be able to tell the "original" from a "clone" anyways). *shrugs* To each their own I guess.
I want to clone my shiny, but only because I'd like to have it's shiny evolved form and it's untrained shiny first form. Not to trade any way. But I don't know how to clone and it's risky even if it's found out and I could lose my shiny, no?

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
So after taking a break from MM'ing to get some things done and to get in some hardcore "MK" time, after 124 eggs . . .

Tepig2.jpg
Tepig1.jpg
Couldn't be better.

My starter tepig was modest and i traded him off after i got my shiny is modest even good? FLamethrower focus blast scald and somthinng else,

PinkPalkia

Artiste Forme.

Tepig2.jpg
Tepig1.jpg
Couldn't be better.

Can I have some of your luck powder or something? I may end up with the same MM fate as Miss Dragoon.. ;_;

Tepig2.jpg
Tepig1.jpg
Couldn't be better.

Congrats on the shiny Tepig and gl with snivy I plan to do that after this stubborn zorua hatches.

nahcmo

Retired Poké Chainer
Congrats on the shiny Tepig, it's a beaut for sure! :D

I want to clone my shiny, but only because I'd like to have it's shiny evolved form and it's untrained shiny first form. Not to trade any way. But I don't know how to clone and it's risky even if it's found out and I could lose my shiny, no?

Cloning is risky only if you don't use an AR (i.e. GTS - though to be fair, I've never personally used GTS to clone, but I've had friends who have lost shinies when they messed it up).

Personally, I have never heard of any one "losing" or screwing up their shinies from AR cloning. If it has actually happened, man, they must have really sucked at using AR then.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I'll prolly just train and not evolve my elgyem.

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3

Well said.

They're just a bunch of differently coloured pixels. A bunch of zero's and ones, if you will. I agree that they're incredibly valuable, but I'm not going to cling onto them with my life. Can you imagine if, for whatever reason, your game got destroyed or you lost your save? How stupid would you feel then? At least with cloning, you know you can depend on others in such emergencies. And get some more shinies for your trouble.

A few people have taken my offer seriously, and I appreciate it. My offer still stands. I'll clone any legit shiny for anybody here, and I'll send one of my own shinies as collateral until I'm finished. If people want to give it a shot, you're free to message me. I won't be doing it tonight, maybe sometime tomorrow.

And some people just hate the idea of clones, and consider it hacking. Meh. They're entitled to their own opinions of course, but it is not hacking. Nobody creates new Pokemon out of nothing. You're taking something that already exists and multiplying it. It doesn't take their value away. If you get your jolly's out of stars, and different natures... well, who are you to ridicule those that clone? It's all silly.

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
Is SRing on thundurus possible?

Yes it is you just have to soft reset everytime you encounter it after the even on route 7? happened so you have to save before the event starts miju.

Awesome signature but how do they know when they are done crossing...miju :(

Yes it is you just have to soft reset everytime you encounter it after the even on route 7? happened so you have to save before the event starts miju.

Awesome signature but how do they know when they are done crossing...miju :(

What is with putting "miju" at the end of everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.