• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I'm still MMing deinos, this one just hates me (taking about twice as long as beldum took, i've only done 2 successful mms so far and that was the longest).

Anyway, I have a question: You can get monkeys in pinwheel forest?!

DBK

Renegade Trainer
Grrr I'm really mad right now. I found a shiny Sewaddle after 1,026 REs and after I ran to get my camera, on my way back I was so clumsy I tripped with the DS and it ejected the game out and my shiny was lost...

Ugh the hunt is back on with 1,030 REs so far and no other shinies.

lol You could of just put the DS down then grabbed the camera, you know.

One in the hand equals two in the rustling bush. :)

Flannery

Fire PkMn Trainer
I'm still MMing deinos, this one just hates me (taking about twice as long as beldum took, i've only done 2 successful mms so far and that was the longest).

I know how you feel.
Deino's taking ages for me too. Longest MM ever. And I've done Mudkip, Treeko, Skarmory, Chikorita and Gabite in Diamond beforehand. Thing is, we're supposed to be luckier in this gen. ^^; Bad luck I guess!

Since hatching eggs is really boring me, I might also go ahead and SR in Silent Chasm once in a while for Kyurem, for a change. *>.<

Still hatching for now though.

InfernapeIsAwesome

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
How's the event going at Pinwheel?

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
Went to Toys R Us for that egg event God knows why -.- lost a couple of minutes on my Re encountering...

So I'm almost at the 1000's so maybe i'll soft reset or not Still having high hopes for a Venipede or Sewaddle miju :D

Kakujitsu

lol nice story, keep your head up though!

Never give up, never surrender, right?
Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you do--

I'm at 1540 RE's in Pinwheel forest so far~
Just for the hell of it, I want a shiny Zoroark and Musharna. >_>

Ipodcheese

Shiny Hunter
lost count for my roggenrola hunt I think im around 800 eggs
GRRR please shine already!!1

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
If someone gets a shiny petil or cottonee, I wonder if they trade it to that npc if the npc battles with it as a shiny.

shanil123

Yo guys have not posted for a while but i have started the pinwheel forest hunt up to 400 re. quite shock not many people gotten a shiny yet compared to the litwick hunt. anyways gl to everyone pinwheel forest hunt or other hunts. also gratz to any people who shinys today =p

KalenArleth

Iridium Trainer
Just out of curiosity...

Where are you all doing your encounters in PW forest?

I'm doing mine by that little pond near where you get the Grass knot TM.

Caught my first Venipede there, so..Hoping for one of those XD

at 11111 re for shiny litwick reallly starting to get mad I hope i find it soon

cocoadragon

Shiny Hunter
lol i hate scolipede swadloon and petilil,tranquill so many encounters

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Behind for what encounter/SR per minute or what?

I'm behind in terms of the number of encounters/soft resets. I usually do about 150 soft resets for Shiny Kyurem per day. I try and stick really closely to that number, but I've recently began to slow down and I haven't been able to reach my daily quota. I'm also behind on my Shiny Frillish hunt since I haven't done as many encounters as I usually do when I'm hunting for random encounter Shinies. I need to dedicate more time to both hunts or else I'll be way behind. I guess I just like being on task.

Tigersaur

Dragon Trainer
hows everyone hunt in pinwheel going?! any shinys yet? im at 126 RE's because i had a lot of hw to do today! hope all is good!
~Tiger

Keruso

Here, Birdy birdy!!
hows everyone hunt in pinwheel going?! any shinys yet? im at 126 RE's because i had a lot of hw to do today! hope all is good!
~Tiger

I go myself a shiny Tympole yesterday after 899 encounters outside the actual forest but still in the forest.

Someone else got a Petilil

Status
Not open for further replies.