• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
i just found a SECOND shiny ditto in GTS. willing to give it up for a male dratini knowing extremespeed. doesnt have to be shiny.

Managed to find a shiny Patrat while EV training my Mienshao a couple days ago, first shiny ever outside of Gyarados ;D

BrettvG

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
Con, it may LOOK like a pre-evo of Herecross, an evolution of it, it is not. Grats. On the shiny though
I guess some people take me literally...

Congrats on the shiny Litwick and Darumaka.

I've got a total of four shiny Deinos. All different natures, two of them bred by me. I think I may go for the entire set, every single nature, all shinies. ^_^ I really need a female now though.

Recieved my Japanese Ditto last night and started filling a box of Zouras. I got around 18 before I finally convinced myself to stop for that night because it was late. I suddenly feel sad for people who have to hatch over 1000, which is most people :D

Good morning everyone

Well I have finally reached 2000 eggs in my quest for a shiny cottonee. Just a little upset about that honestly. I said I'd move onto hatching for shiny axew and I still might but meh. I just want this hunt to be over soon :(

Good luck to everyone else~

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
Good morning everyone

Well I have finally reached 2000 eggs in my quest for a shiny cottonee. Just a little upset about that honestly. I said I'd move onto hatching for shiny axew and I still might but meh. I just want this hunt to be over soon :(

Good luck to everyone else~

are you MMing? or just regular egg hatching?

because 2k eggs.. that sucks :(

pokemasterfox

The Dark Avenger
Well, sorry Ive been offline, I took time off serebii for my bday, but i didnt knoe my best present would come from my game. I was wandering around, all happy like, and i was hunting for a nice pokemon in white forest, and i just happened to pop across a shiny surskit. HAHA! Happy bday to me! well, that certainly made my day, that and my lv 23 joltik also took out cynthias garchomp lol :p but yeah go surskit!

are you MMing? or just regular egg hatching?

because 2k eggs.. that sucks :(

Yeah I'm MMing. Not crazy enough to just regular hatch lol. I saw someone hatch around 4200 eggs using MM before they just gave up. And while I'm quite off that number I hope that doesn't become me! @__@

Oddly enough I feel like SRing today but sadly I've captured all the SR pokemon in this game.

I still wish Victini could be shiny I planned to SR him when I saw the shiny sprite...

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
Yeah I'm MMing. Not crazy enough to just regular hatch lol. I saw someone hatch around 4200 eggs using MM before they just gave up. And while I'm quite off that number I hope that doesn't become me! @__@

Oddly enough I feel like SRing today but sadly I've captured all the SR pokemon in this game.

I still wish Victini could be shiny I planned to SR him when I saw the shiny sprite...

yeah.. im starting to wonder if my foreign pokemon is even foreign lol

Aegon

I've wondered that so many times in my egg hunt. I haven't hatched eggs in three days, as I'm so annoyed at the Masuda Method. I'm just about to reach the one-thousand mark, with nothing to show for it.

I've been wondering this through the whole hunt,it's made me switch pokemon quite a few times I've used a japanese ditto,german (or french can't remember) cottonee and a japanese cottonee. I'm probably going to switch again soon lol

Kalosian

So long
Got my first Shiny on Black today. A Red-Striped Basculin that I found while EV-training my Latias.
I am glad that there is a shiny animation that plays when a shiny appears, otherwise, I would not have noticed it as it looks very similar to a regular Basculin.

Last edited:

pokemasterfox

The Dark Avenger
Got my first Shiny on Black today. A Red-Striped Basculin that I found while EV-training my Latias.
I am glad that there is a shiny animation that plays when a shiny appears, otherwise, i would not have noticed it as it looks very similar to a regular Basculin.

That is so true. Reminds of when i caught my shiny weedle. I just saw it and was preparing to run and i saw the sparkles....I decided to look closer and whala! found me a shiny weedle! Im still seething at my ghost marowak shiny failure and happy bout yesterday :D

Marvs

Shinneeee!
Woo, just hatched my shiny Cottonee! Pic coming in a sec :)

Edit: Everstone worked for a change! he is Timid natured.

Last edited:

Marvs

Shinneeee!
looks cool, and will look even cooler when it evolves.

how many eggs, roughly

Reasonably short hunt this one, I would say less than 200 eggs. After my 12,000SR Cobalion I deserved a break haha

Status
Not open for further replies.