• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dukedudez

...Loves God

pokemasterfox

The Dark Avenger
Holy mother of --

I just got a shiny Adamant Rufflet with Sheer Force. He's PERFECT!

Now, why dont i get that luck normally? hmph. Oh well he/shes yours and that is going to make one heck of a braviary my friend.

Zase45

Patient Hunter
I was wondering can anyone tell me if having a pokemon with Flamebody or Magma Armor ability in the party really does decrease the amount of steps taken for hatching eggs cause if this is true then shiny hunting became a little easier. Thanks in advance :/

PinkPalkia

Artiste Forme.
I was wondering can anyone tell me if having a pokemon with Flamebody or Magma Armor ability in the party really does decrease the amount of steps taken for hatching eggs cause if this is true then shiny hunting became a little easier. Thanks in advance :/

Yes, and the Poke must be up front. This has been since Emerald version's release. It's easier because it's faster and thus more convenient.

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
no, the pokemon has to be next to the egg.

which is why if you have more than 1 egg in your party, put the flame body pokemon between them.

Torni

Trainee Breeder
no, the pokemon has to be next to the egg.

which is why if you have more than 1 egg in your party, put the flame body pokemon between them.

I really dont think thats true, I go around with 5 eggs a time and they all hatch as quick as each other.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well I just finished doing another 50 or so random encounters for Shiny Frillish. As usual, luck wasn't on my side so I didn't encounter it. However, I did just do some more Shiny trades and I managed to reach 200 Shiny Pokemon registered in my Pokedex. Out of all the trades, the Shiny Tympole was my favorite and I wish I could've kept it. I might just go out and look for one of my own. But that won't be until I've finished the Shiny Kyurem and Shiny Frillish hunts, though. I don't want to do three hunts all at once; two is more than enough for now. Well, goodluck to everyone else.

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
I really dont think thats true, I go around with 5 eggs a time and they all hatch as quick as each other.

yeah, i think you're right.

as long as you have a flame body poke ANYWHERE in your party.. your eggs will hatch faster. [had a little search on google]

good call.

now i can stop worrying where i place my Larvesta

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
I really need to EV train Emboar holy crap. Ive been doing wi-fi battles and he has no defense and cant 1hko anything. My Leavanny had to flash them to death. But lol i was playing roation battle and i had magmortar 1hp left againt his whole team full HP. (I dont even quite remember how it happened) and i would wait 3 minutes till 1 second left to choose a turn then i used confuse ray for about 20 minutes till he shut his DS off,.

dukedudez

...Loves God
I'm about to start MMing for a adament, 32 atk IV, shiny dratini. It shall be hard, but I accept the challenge

patfan00

Shiny Connoisseur
I'm about to start MMing for a adament, 32 atk IV, shiny dratini. It shall be hard, but I accept the challenge

Just put a power bracer on the parent dratini (or dragonite, dragonaire) that has a IV value of 32 (or higher). This will ensure the IV stat will be passed onto the offspring

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
Um iv's can only go up to 31 last time I checked...miju .-.

Going strong on the Oshawott MM, I'm never stopping miju!

dukedudez

...Loves God
I guess I'll put the everstone on my adament dratini and a power bracelet on my japanese dragonair that has a 31 atk iv

Qwerty8181

Wanderer of Regions
auggh! over 900 sableye eggs. This is getting monotonous.

pokemasterfox

The Dark Avenger
what is the use of an everstine in a shiny hunt? Iv been hearing it go around

Status
Not open for further replies.