• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tylerrules

Cloyster Trainer

SphealsFTW

Money is the anthem!
Look what decided to appear in my Pokemon White today!
HNI_0012.jpg

Yay :D

Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKv1xLQVb0o

After having not gotten a shiny Karrablast after 2400 eggs using the MM, I got discouraged and decided to stop the hunt for a while :eek: I went to Pinwheel Forest and decided to RE. After 600 REs this shiny Petilil showed up! I was hoping for a Whirlipede or Swadloon but oh well ^^ I evolved it because Lilligiant’s shiny form is so pretty.
HNI_0020.jpg

HNI_0021.jpg

I guess I deserved it, I mean I only hatched 2400 Karrablast eggs with no shiny! ;P

Anyways, for my next hunt I don't know what to do. I finally got around to buying HeartGold and I'm saved in front of Ho-oh. I've done around maybe 200 SRs? Haven't been keeping track lol. I could either try and keep SRing for a shiny Ho-oh, continue my Karrablast MM hunt, or start another RE hunt. If you want to help me decide what to do then feel free to leave me a VM! :3.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
I think that the genosect event will be like the darkrai and shaymin events.

Not quite. With Darkrai and Shymin, you received an item that activated the event which lead to their encounter. With Genesect, you get the pokemon itself and it activates the in game event which leads to some back story and 2 of its drives.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
When was it confirmed?

There isn't any event data for Keldeo/Meloetta/Genesect in the games, so it's rather obvious that they'll be given away directly rather than encountered in the games. Therefore, they won't be Shiny.

DBK

Renegade Trainer
When was it confirmed?

It's on Serebii's B/W page (the main page, not the forum). They managed to figure it out. It also has details on the other two events.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
It's on Serebii's B/W page (the main page, not the forum). They managed to figure it out. It also has details on the other two events.

I may be a pain at the moment and im sorry but can you post the link to that padge?

DBK

Renegade Trainer
I may be a pain at the moment and im sorry but can you post the link to that padge?

You know something, I just took a look and he actually doesn't have any info. Hmmm...where the heck did I see the info, then? I will keep looking.....This I Swear!

Edit: I remember now. I was doing some youtubing, and happened upon a video that showed the Genesect event. Apparently the person was able to PokeSav a Genesect that was able to trigger the event. There are hints to the contents of the event on Serebii's P2 Laboratory Poke Earth page. That's all I can think of. Maybe Bulbapedia has some info as well.

Last edited:

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
That sounds like an awesome event to encounter :eek: miju

Still hunting oshawott eggs I lost count already but I know I passed one hundred eggs miju :3

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
I have such a crapload of shinies now that I'm going to need to trade to my second game in order to fit them all.

It really is difficult to negotiate with some of these people though. Good grief.

Torni

Trainee Breeder
is there an easier way to release pokes -.-

just hit the 300 mark for vulpix and now have to realease them... which is a pain in the ***!!

Mr. pokedude

Shadow the Ghost-Hog
On the community hunt where abouts are we hunting in dragonspiral tower cause im gonna start two days early cause i havent had ANY luck on celestial tower or pinwheel forest so?

Torni

Trainee Breeder
Inside and the grass patches outside

Mr. pokedude

Shadow the Ghost-Hog

Torni

Trainee Breeder
On the community hunt where abouts are we hunting in dragonspiral tower cause im gonna start two days early cause i havent had ANY luck on celestial tower or pinwheel forest so?

I was pretty much asking what floors of the inside o.o

why didnt you say that then lol.

any place which contain pokemon. which afaik is the entrance and the room after.

Man I can't get it together lol . I've been unintentionally doing the SR egg method these past few days I guess. Keep falling asleep while playing! So technically I'm still where I was last post... pff

But I did want to say congrats on shiny Lilligant! It's so pretty :D

Status
Not open for further replies.