• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymphaea

Quirky Bug Girl
tell me your method? i just ride back and forth in front of the day care and when one hatches i just replace it with a new one. Chandelure and Litwick acting as incubators. do you all gather eggs first then hatch them all and replace them all or do you hatch and replace as you go?

I personally hatch eggs 5 at a time, right after getting an egg I deposit it, when I have 4 in there and I get a fifth, I withdraw them and run to the Dreamyard(because it's an awesome sounding place to hatch :p) and hatch them, check their IV's to see if I want to keep any, maybe replace a parent, then go again. I use Pokecheck to figure out the IV's the fastest. Depending on the Pokemon, if it's just for collecting and not actual use, I might just ignore the IV's(RNG can be used for competitive ones anyways, MMing is more for the collector :p)

dukedudez

...Loves God
I usually fill 2 or 3 boxes in my pc on one day and then the next day I mass hatch them on the really long bridge before Castelia city. This method is probably slower, but I think it's more relaxing and less frustrating. I'd do whatever you like tough cuz there's not much of a difference time wise between the two.

Dunsparce4prez

tell me your method? i just ride back and forth in front of the day care and when one hatches i just replace it with a new one. Chandelure and Litwick acting as incubators. do you all gather eggs first then hatch them all and replace them all or do you hatch and replace as you go?

I hatch my charmanders as I get them, deposit them as they hatch. If I have 5 eggs in my party I don't get another until the next hatching. Chandelure is my incubator.

Also, I have a question. How come sometimes eggs hatch on the very next step after another hatches? I get two in a row quite a bit and got 3 in a row once.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Yeah, I've decided to wait a while before I start a new Shiny hunt. I was about ready to use the Masuda Method to get some Deino eggs and hatch for a Shiny, but I'm exhausted and I have no time to hatch eggs while I'm focusing on my Shiny Frillish hunt. Speaking if that hunt: I've done another 100 or so random encounters in the water near Driftveil City. Still no Shiny Frillish to be found, but I'm fairly positive that I'll find it soon. I'm going to be doing at least another 200 random encounters for it today, so that should help my search quite a bit :)

silicon

Swordsman
I hatch my charmanders as I get them, deposit them as they hatch. If I have 5 eggs in my party I don't get another until the next hatching. Chandelure is my incubator.

Also, I have a question. How come sometimes eggs hatch on the very next step after another hatches? I get two in a row quite a bit and got 3 in a row once.

The way I do it, all 4 eggs I'm working on usually hatch in a row. I keep four eggs and Volcarona in my party and pick up and deposit eggs pretty much as they're ready. Whenever the four I'm working on hatch (as mentioned, usually in a row), I got pick up another four out of my box. I believe it's because they are all ready to hatch, but only one can hatch per step.

EQWashu

Master Pokéwitch
Either one, it makes no difference.

thanks Frogmaster :)

btw, how can you get shiny Virizion, Terrakion, Kyurem, etc, if they made it so its not possible?

thanks guys!

-EQ, wants her DW Espeon, darnit!

silicon

Swordsman
btw, how can you get shiny Virizion, Terrakion, Kyurem, etc, if they made it so its not possible?

Those are possible, the only ones that aren't are Reshiram/Zekrom, Victini, and the Zorua and Zoroark events from bringing over the Celebi and one of the shiny beasts with the relocater.

Dunsparce4prez

The way I do it, all 4 eggs I'm working on usually hatch in a row. I keep four eggs and Volcarona in my party and pick up and deposit eggs pretty much as they're ready. Whenever the four I'm working on hatch (as mentioned, usually in a row), I got pick up another four out of my box. I believe it's because they are all ready to hatch, but only one can hatch per step.

I can see that, but I never deposit my eggs. The only time I deposit eggs is after I've filled three boxes with charmanders, so they're usually separated by a couple laps up and down Route 3.

Dunsparce4prez

Those are possible, the only ones that aren't are Reshiram/Zekrom, Victini, and the Zorua and Zoroark events from bringing over the Celebi and one of the shiny beasts with the relocater.

Reshiram/Zekrom aren't possible even if you meet them on top of Dragonspiral Tower? I think if your boxes and party are full you can't catch them in N's Castle and they show up there post story. I think I saw somewhere that said of you KO them in N's Castle they reappear in the Tower as well. I could be wrong.

Tigersaur

Dragon Trainer
grats on the landorus and virizion!

Torni

Trainee Breeder
WOOO just reading through this thread, and hatching Swablu's

look over and there we have my sexy gold Swablu awaiting nickname :D

21st egg :)

Has a lonly nature, Will get IV's shortly and upload a picture later

Still have some more eggs to hatch, so need to hatch them now :)

Juunanagou

Reshiram/Zekrom aren't possible even if you meet them on top of Dragonspiral Tower? I think if your boxes and party are full you can't catch them in N's Castle and they show up there post story. I think I saw somewhere that said of you KO them in N's Castle they reappear in the Tower as well. I could be wrong.

The shinyness on them is still impossible on those. Been proven somewhere in the beginning of this topic. :p

Tigersaur

Dragon Trainer
WOOO just reading through this thread, and hatching Swablu's

look over and there we have my sexy gold Swablu awaiting nickname :D

21st egg :)

Has a lonly nature, Will get IV's shortly and upload a picture later

Still have some more eggs to hatch, so need to hatch them now :)

wow congrats to everyone with such luck! i havent had any at all :(

PinkPalkia

Artiste Forme.
Agh, why won't Virizion shine for me? It's been days and I really want to battle Cynthia with my current all shiny team. Must trudge on! Lucky REs turned into unlucky SRs, apparently. Already I've seen two people get their pink Virizions since my last post, so bless their DS systems and souls.

Oh well, at least I don't have a nasty purple tint anymore and I love the 3DS's sound quality. :(

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
Still hatching oshawott eggs..and releasing them, poor miju's... :(

My eggs hatching is way over four hundred since i've last posted. I finally found the perfect moveset for a shiny Virizion but then my R button stopped responding....again T^T curse you Mario-Kart......MIIII....JUUUU!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.