• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bushie

currently mming for shiny treecko 13 down 2 to go. on a mission to collect every starter in shiny form

Mijuwott

Poppstar Sunshine
Well I think my 500 druddigons already destroyed striaton city.
They all went on a rampage for not being accepted by you " WHY DON'T YOU LOVE US GLIGARI!!!???" o.o miju....

Oshawott egg end is coming to an end for today and gonna start soft resetting for virizion >:D

Ndayday

i louvre mitsy!!111
Just found a shiny Dwebble after 2080 RE.
It was a bit surprising since it doesn't look too different from a regular one, didn't even realize it until it sparkled.

Good stuff, and good luck to you all!

shotdown911

Pokemon Dealer
What should i catch a shiny golett (If i encounter one)
In im thinking a Repeat ball or Luxuryball

Either is good. I personally think the Luxury Ball looks cooler but the Repeat Ball makes it easier.

zozo

SLIMED!
Well I think my 500 druddigons already destroyed striaton city.

I've always wondered what my 400+ Pawniards have done to Castelia and the surrounding countryside...I think there should be a TV show for mass-releases of pokemon.

"Police are now searching for the idiotic sociopath who released hundreds of Deino inside city limits, causing panic, chaos, and great destruction in their quest to hatch a green one"

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
I've always wondered what my 400+ Pawniards have done to Castelia and the surrounding countryside...I think there should be a TV show for mass-releases of pokemon.

"Police are now searching for the idiotic sociopath who released hundreds of Deino inside city limits, causing panic, chaos, and great destruction in their quest to hatch a green one"

Lol to everyone who quoted me. I just randomly caught 15 roggenrolas released 13 of them. Anyways is adamant better for a roggenrola MM or is rash that is capapble of taking hits? Also is females the only ones cabable of passing down IVs?

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
Lol to everyone who quoted me. I just randomly caught 15 roggenrolas released 13 of them. Anyways is adamant better for a roggenrola MM or is rash that is capapble of taking hits? Also is females the only ones cabable of passing down IVs?

Any parent can pass down IV's with the requisite power item.

I would use the adamant one for MMing.

Anyway, I've been hunting this deino for a month as of Tuesday -.- It better hatch soon!

As far as other hunts go, I am now SRing Snorlax on SS, continuing my journey of SRing everything legendary/interactable in that game.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
Any parent can pass down IV's with the requisite power item.

I would use the adamant one for MMing.

Anyway, I've been hunting this deino for a month as of Tuesday -.- It better hatch soon!

As far as other hunts go, I am now SRing Snorlax on SS, continuing my journey of SRing everything legendary/interactable in that game.

So the lax natured one wont pass down capaple of taking hits unless with a power bracer.

Vendidurt

« Breeder »
i just got a shiny boldore/gigalith in a trade! i wanna use it so bad, but its calm, and the only IV stat above 15 is special.

thats why i cant, for the life of me, figure out why people choose RE hunts over breeding....

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
Question I'm thinking of trying MM but I can't get my hands on a legitimate foreign Pokemon... can anyone help GTS is a fail... :( (I need male foreign dragon egg group Pokemon and everyone asks for Reashiram lv 9 and under......)

Confusious

Kimetsu no Yaiba. <3
Just got my last fifth gen shiny I needed, Vullaby. Every single one (barring the shiny check legends) are now mine.

Phew.

Twilight Gallade

The Gallade of Night
Okay, so I've had a Japanese Ditto for a little while and have been trying the MM so I can get a shiny Pokemon. Any shiny will do for me, really, though I have actually been wanting a shiny version of Pansear, Panpour, and Pansage. Which do you think I should try for first for my first MM-gotten shiny?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Gah, I only managed to do about 70 more random encounters for Shiny Frillish this afternoon. I wanted to do 100 more, but I fell short by a few. Still, I have tonight, so I can get that taken care of later on. I have some Dream World stuff to do, so I gotta hurry with this. I also just got a Shiny Litwick and a Shiny Tranquill via trade. I got those two Shinies registered into my Pokedex and I'm about ready to trade for some other Generation 5 Shinies. I gotta get this done, since I'm competing with someone else. I hope everyone else had fun on their hunts.

Gligari

Shiny Hunter
i just got a shiny boldore/gigalith in a trade! i wanna use it so bad, but its calm, and the only IV stat above 15 is special.

thats why i cant, for the life of me, figure out why people choose RE hunts over breeding....

You shouldnt bash on RE. You dont want to get into bashing on peoples beliefs. Even if you are against it. "Cough""RNG""Cough"

DBK

Renegade Trainer
You shouldnt bash on RE. You dont want to get into bashing on peoples beliefs. Even if you are against it. "Cough""RNG""Cough"

I see what you did there........and for that I poop on the ground you walk on.

Question I'm thinking of trying MM but I can't get my hands on a legitimate foreign Pokemon... can anyone help GTS is a fail... :( (I need male foreign dragon egg group Pokemon and everyone asks for Reashiram lv 9 and under......)

GTS is fail unless you deposit pokemon. I was able to get foreign versions of every gen 5 pokemon I plan to MM just by putting up my extra cottonees. You can also just go to giant chasm and get a ditto then put it on the GTS for another ditto 95% of the time you will get a foreign one.

Status
Not open for further replies.