• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread - Post once per page only!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blonde_1

To do RNGs: 0
Wow nice one!

Every hatch i get, i stare at the flame hoping for blue. My eyes can deceive me sometimes though!

I wont stop though, i reallllllyy want that shiny Chandelure.

Lol, same with me, i was like "damn purple flame!" And then the day when I was hatching and not really paying attention it happened.
Yeah the shiny chandelure is pretty sweet, but I also really like the shiny litwick! Which is why I'm training one and leaving the other as a litwick! :D

PoryGone222

New plan now. I'm going to try MMing a Pansear since orange is my favorite color and orange pansear looks great.

If I fail/succeed/get bored, I'll move on to trying to get either a Tepig or Snivy

Yatesy_Laa

Chanda Lurer
Lol, same with me, i was like "damn purple flame!" And then the day when I was hatching and not really paying attention it happened.
Yeah the shiny chandelure is pretty sweet, but I also really like the shiny litwick! Which is why I'm training one and leaving the other as a litwick! :D

Ah fair enough then, least you have two :)

Im trying to get a Modest nature with my Litwick, not to bothered about IV's or EV's.

Twilight Gallade

The Gallade of Night
New plan now. I'm going to try MMing a Pansear since orange is my favorite color and orange pansear looks great.

If I fail/succeed/get bored, I'll move on to trying to get either a Tepig or Snivy

Hey, seems we have a similar goal. I was thinking of trying to do the MM for one of the monkeys, so I'll follow your lead and try for a shiny Pansear myself. ^^

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
Just hit 1500 Solosis eggs. Really tired of seeing this damn green pokemon. Turn blue already! Congrats and GL to everyone else.

blonde_1

To do RNGs: 0
Ah fair enough then, least you have two :)

Im trying to get a Modest nature with my Litwick, not to bothered about IV's or EV's.

I recommend using an everstone and breed with a modest female litwick (if you're not already doing that of course...). Both of mine ended up getting a modest nature using an everstone!
I agree, I didn't worry about IV's but I did choose to train the one with better IV's and he had the better ability too (flash fire).
I'm kinda trying the EV training with this litwick, but really I'm just making sure I don't let him battle anything that gives attack EVs. Focusing mainly on spatk and then maybe divide between def and spdef and some speed (he doesn't have the best base speed anyways).

ScarKaizerin

Kecleon Lover
Congrats on everyones shinys! My eevee hunt feels like its going slower then my Zorua one, although my friends birthday is this week so hopefully I can get it before then! At 360 right now with a little over 100 eggs stored, gunna go for 200 eggs stored then start hatching.

Question, is the pass power that makes eggs hatch faster stackable with flame body ability? I've been using my Volcarona for hatching, but if it stacks that would be sweet.

Yatesy_Laa

Chanda Lurer
I recommend using an everstone and breed with a modest female litwick (if you're not already doing that of course...). Both of mine ended up getting a modest nature using an everstone!
I agree, I didn't worry about IV's but I did choose to train the one with better IV's and he had the better ability too (flash fire).
I'm kinda trying the EV training with this litwick, but really I'm just making sure I don't let him battle anything that gives attack EVs. Focusing mainly on spatk and then maybe divide between def and spdef and some speed (he doesn't have the best base speed anyways).

Yeah i got the everstone equipped to a female modest Litwick, fingers crossed it gets the right nature when it comes out of the egg!

ScarKaizerin

Kecleon Lover
yes flame body speeds up the process of the hatching...also the bike will help too..hope that helps...still shiny horsea hunting...

Oh, no, I know that. Just if I can use the entralink pass power that speeds up hatching along WITH flame body's ability for super fast hatching, or if it just cancels it out haha

GL with shiny horsea! Its such a good shiny.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
oh okay sorry...i have a question about the everstone trick...i don't think it matters but does the everstone speed up the hatching egg process?...i highly doubt it but just asking if anyone knows...btw if everyone that like re hunting for shinies theres a social group for weekend community hunts...if anyone wants to join...just go through my profile...good luck on ur shiny eevee...i still have to obtain that shiny being a eevee lover and all lol....

Yatesy_Laa

Chanda Lurer
oh okay sorry...i have a question about the everstone trick...i don't think it matters but does the everstone speed up the hatching egg process?...i highly doubt it but just asking if anyone knows...btw if everyone that like re hunting for shinies theres a social group for weekend community hunts...if anyone wants to join...just go through my profile...good luck on ur shiny eevee...i still have to obtain that shiny being a eevee lover and all lol....

Everstone gives the offspring a 50% chance to have the mothers nature, if the mother is holding it while breeding.

As far as i know it doesnt speed up the egg making/hatching proccess.

PokemonOwn

The Everstone Trick only helps with the Nature. It'd be awesome if it cut the egg time, though. I might MM, in the future. My Shiny Vaporeon is destroying the Battle Subway. :p

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
I thought so but i was not sure...thanks guys for the feedback...still hatchin eggs like mad...shiny horsea is being really stubborn about hatching...i really hope it hatches soon...well back to shiny egg hatching...good luck on everones hunts for shinies hope u get ur guys shinies soon...

ScarKaizerin

Kecleon Lover

bippacooleth

Quiver Dance=Success
Thats amazing. Time to collect pass orbs...

The new pass powers are a godsend, you can literally rip through 100 eggs in half the time it took last gen ^^

Trainer Emily

Fairies do exist!!!
I caught a lot of shinies, but of course using some process only those on the advanced level will know how to do it...
RNG
Anyway I like to match the pokeballs depending on what pokemon it is.
Example...a Quick Ball is good on a shiny Cobalion.
And Luxury/Repeat Ball is good on shiny Chandelure.

P.S. These are the following Pokemon in-game that are never shiny: Reshiram, Zekrom, Victini, event Zorua & event Zoruark.

Status
Not open for further replies.